PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft

Jeff G
04-24-2007, 01:14 PM
This Saturday is the NFL draft. Is anyone excited for their teams picks this year? Any guesses who your team will end up with? Who should be the number one pick?

I'm a lifelong Packer fan. This year with the 16th pick overall it isn't nearly as exciting as picking 5th last year. My guess is the Pack will draft Marshawn Lynch to help fill the RB hole left by Ahman Green's departure to the Texans.

As for the #1 pick, I think the Raiders will pick JaMarcus Russell and it's very possible he could be a bust . The best player in the draft is Adrian Peterson in my opinion. He has all the tools to be a great running back and could end up having a HOF career if he stays healthy and shoud be considered a top pick. With the teams at the top having other areas of need he may go as late as #10 which would be a steal.

Jimenyfan
04-24-2007, 02:09 PM
I'm anxious to see where Gaines Adams goes. He is a defensive end out of Clemson which is the big college where I'm located in SC.

goofhook
04-24-2007, 03:05 PM
Well, I'm a huge Eagles fan, so I'm hoping they use the 26th pick right, by getting S Michael Griffin. But, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Calvin Johnson slips to our pick. :secret: But that would only happen in Fantasyland...

goofhook
04-24-2007, 03:13 PM
Oops forgot to tell who I think will be the No.1 pick. It could go many ways, especially depending where Trent Green goes. If he goes to the Raiders ( yes, the Raiders are interested in him ), then Calvin Johnson will be the No.1 pick. But i he goes to Miami, then Miami would not need to move up to get Quinn, so then Russell will go No.1, which would be the most likely case to happen if their is a trade. If their is no trade, then Russell will most likely be the first to be called. If the Raiders want to make a slight gamble, then they might go for Calvin Johnson with the No.1, and then get Trent Edwards out of Stanford in the second round.

RAIDER
04-25-2007, 03:36 AM
As a Raiders fan after last season :blush:
Anyone decent will do ...but with the Raiders such a mess internally will it matter :confused:

Donald A
04-25-2007, 11:04 AM
As a diehard Browns fan living in Indy, I am really hoping we don't pick Brady Quinn. I am not big on picking a QB that early in a draft. History shows that some of your better QBs are not picked that high and usually have picks ahead of them that aren't even around anymore. Consider Tim Couch first round pick in 99 for the expansion Browns. The only QB still playing in that draft class early round is Donovan McNabb and two QBs were picked ahead of him.

Marker
04-25-2007, 08:28 PM
I don't really know what the Chiefs shopping list is for this draft, but after trying to work a deal, draft picks, for Trent Green with Miami they just traded Dante Hall to St. Louis for a 5th round pick, and swapping 3rd round picks.

Seems like the Chiefs are putting a lot of importance on the draft this year.

We don't have a regular season game with the Rams, but I can see it now, August 30, final pre-season game, Dante Hall returns the opening kick of for Touchdown - Rams lead 7-0.

goofhook
04-26-2007, 06:32 AM
According to ESPN.com, the Chiefs shopping list is a WR, OT, DT, CB, DE. But with the 23rd pick they will probably take OT Joe Staley with that pick.

Toughbug
04-26-2007, 05:11 PM
Since my NFC South division champ Saints have resigned most of their guys they wanted to bring back and brought in some defensive help, at safety, linebacker and cornerback, they can go after the proverbial best athlete available.

So their bullpen should include Dwayne Bowe, Robert Meachem, Dwayne Jarrett, at wideout, Justin Harrell at DT, and Darrelle Revis, Chris Houston, and Adrian Ross at CB. One of those would be my guess.

And as far as the Raiders, they cannot go wrong with Jamarcus Russell. With the proper coaching, he will be an impact quarterback for years to come. He has the strongest arm of any quarterback since John Elway and is as big and strong as most defensive ends. He needs good solid coaching to succeed. He will not be a bust. I saw him enough at LSU. He can play.

Jeff G
04-26-2007, 11:22 PM
An interesting rumor is going around NE Wisconsin between our teams Marker. The rumor is the Pack is looking to trade KC a 1st and 4th round pick for Larry Johnson.

Being Johnson has been the 2nd best back in the NFL the past two years this is exciting but also a little unnerving with his reputation in the locker room and off field probelms. He also is seeking a LT like contract which he was worth last year but will be very old by running back standards before it expires.

Just wanted to share this ad see if you've heard anything in your area.

goofhook
04-27-2007, 06:43 AM
An interesting rumor is going around NE Wisconsin between our teams Marker. The rumor is the Pack is looking to trade KC a 1st and 4th round pick for Larry Johnson.

Being Johnson has been the 2nd best back in the NFL the past two years this is exciting but also a little unnerving with his reputation in the locker room and off field probelms. He also is seeking a LT like contract which he was worth last year but will be very old by running back standards before it expires.

Just wanted to share this ad see if you've heard anything in your area.
I never heard that one, but I don't think this is likely to happen. The reason is Larry Johnson is still a good back right now, and I'd say the Chiefs might want more than the offer offered for him. But, Ithink the chiefs might be trying to start over by trying to trade Trent Green, and now maybe LJ.

Stich8818
04-27-2007, 07:42 AM
I have to agree with DonaldA. I am a lifelong Browns fan and as much upside there is to Brady Quinn I feel that the Browns need help in other areas. The offensive line being the biggest and with Joe Thomas on the board you have to take him to shore up that line. But also too I am interested also in Adian Peterson who is the kinda LT back and with that being said our new offensive coordinator was from that San Dieago offense from last year. I happy with Charlie Fry or Derek Anderson at qb. Esp Charlie I think once the line is shored up and we have a great running back behind him,he will do good.

kakn7294
04-27-2007, 09:03 AM
As a Steeler fan and Pitt alum, I'd love to see us pick up Darrelle Revis. He's a local boy too - DH grew in Aliquippa and watched this boy play his high school ball since he still attends as many high school games as he can. Unfortunately, I don't think he'll still be hanging around by the time the Steelers make their first pick. They haven't really hinted around much about who they're interested in except to say that it will not be a quarterback or tight end and Tomlin likes Revis too.

indytraveler
04-27-2007, 12:00 PM
As a Colts fan, with the last pick in the first round, I'm seeing them go with a Wide Receiver. Especially if not many are taken early, with a Ted Ginn Jr. maybe dropping all the way down. Yeah, I know that won't happen but it could. As the Colts picking a WR with two Pro Bowlers on the team... They have a 3 WR set and having a TE fill that roll doesn't do it. Unfortunately all of their need is on the defensive side of the ball. Linebackers and playmakers is what they need. New England is set to return to the Super Bowl with all of their offseason acquisitions so it will be interesting to see what happens this weekend.

Donald Duck 224
04-28-2007, 12:57 PM
Im a packer fan and im hoping for marshawn lynch.

WDWfanatic742
04-28-2007, 02:02 PM
How does Miami not choose Brady Quinn? Just doesn't make sense.

goofhook
04-28-2007, 02:11 PM
How does Miami not choose Brady Quinn? Just doesn't make sense. Exactly, why did Miami draft Ginn? I mean, they must have a lot of hope for Culpepper, or they must know they are getting Trent Green. And Ginn, this is too high for him. He would be better off going to the Titans mid-first round or some team around there.

goofhook
04-28-2007, 02:16 PM
By the looks of it now, Brady Quinn may fall to Cowboys with the 22nd pick, because all these mid-round teams have QB's that are decent or already established players. I just wish Calvin Johnson wasn't drafted yet and could slip like Quinn, but just happen to be drafted by me Eagles.:blush:

kakn7294
04-28-2007, 03:22 PM
I feel so deflated - I really wanted Darrelle Revis and we were soooooooo close. I've never been so disappointed in the draft before.

Jeff
04-28-2007, 03:44 PM
Who would have thought - the Lions draft yet another WR with their first round pick.

goofhook
04-28-2007, 05:35 PM
Who would have thought - the Lions draft yet another WR with their first round pick.
Well, I think that Calvin Johnson is going to be a lot better than the WR's they drafted in the past. But I'm a little disappointed that the Eagles traded down. But, with the way the draft is going now, it looks like we might get Dwayne Jarrett, and I would not mind that at all.

Melanie
04-28-2007, 05:48 PM
Woohoo - the Panthers trade down to 25 and still get who they wanted at 14! He'll be insurance for Dan Morgan's uncertainty.

kakn7294
04-28-2007, 05:58 PM
Well, I guess I can't be too disappointed that we didn't get Darrelle since an interview with Kevin Colbert and Mike Tomlin revealed that they were looking at Lawrence Timmons all along.

goofhook
04-28-2007, 06:03 PM
I think it was better to go LB in the first round for the Steelers, because they are going to need a tough guy who plays physical like Porter, and Porter is who they are replacing here.

goofhook
04-28-2007, 06:54 PM
Kevin Kolb? Why in the World would the Eagles use their best pick on him? I mean, Dwayne Jarrett is on the board, and Jarrett would be a welcome addition to Mcnabb. If you want to go QB, we have about 5 better QB's than Kolb. Also, why would we have signed a back-up QB if we were going to draft one? Bad decision, but I'm getting used to it. Who knows what Andy Reid will do next...

Jeff
04-28-2007, 09:50 PM
Well, I think that Calvin Johnson is going to be a lot better than the WR's they drafted in the past. .

I agree. It's just the idea of using your first pick on a WR in 4 of the last 5 drafts. Not a great track record for the Lions.

The Eagle pick was a shocker. I don't care what Reid said to McNabb - he's got to be wondering about his future.

MsMin
04-28-2007, 10:40 PM
I'm a fan of Jamarcus Russell and have watched him for 3 years. I think he has really matured and he is incredible and it's a joy to watch him play.
One man can't make a team and I hope that the raiders have the right management and talent to make it work. I just don't bother to cheer for anyone, NFL, but the Saints but this will make the Raiders very interesting. I've watched a lot of LSU QB's come and go and he's the only one I'd love to keep watching.
Jamarcus is a quality athlete and his morals and civic contributions are as impressive as his arm. :thumbsup:

Donald A
04-28-2007, 11:00 PM
As a Browns fan, I am disappointed that they traded all that for Quinn. I just don't see him being that good. Of course, I hope I eat my words :)

kakn7294
04-28-2007, 11:16 PM
As a Browns fan, I am disappointed that they traded all that for Quinn. I just don't see him being that good. Of course, I hope I eat my words :)
Well, Donald A, as a Steeler fan, I hope he's not that good too - and I don't want you to have to eat your words! :D LaMarr Woodley in the second round - sweet! Guess we have a defensive focus this draft although I think we could use another WR with good hands and some speed and flexibility to replace what we lost in Randle El a year ago. I'm curious as to where QB Tyler Palko will go - he's another local boy from Aliquippa and Pitt.

goofhook
04-29-2007, 07:14 AM
I'm suprised that on the first day of the draft, the Eagles have not filled their holes at CB or S yet. They could also use another play-making WR like Stallworth, who we lost in free agency. But the Eagles should not have passed on Dwayne Jarrett, then the Eagles could have two play-making WR's in Brown and Jarrett. Not filling the holes in the secondary is going to be a big problem for the Eagles.

goofhook
04-29-2007, 07:17 AM
Oops, forgot to finish that last part in the previous post. What I meant was we only have three CB's and three S's on the roster.

Donald A
04-29-2007, 09:48 PM
Well, Donald A, as a Steeler fan, I hope he's not that good too - and I don't want you to have to eat your words! LaMarr Woodley in the second round - sweet! Guess we have a defensive focus this draft although I think we could use another WR with good hands and some speed and flexibility to replace what we lost in Randle El a year ago. I'm curious as to where QB Tyler Palko will go - he's another local boy from Aliquippa and Pitt.

Kathy, I am married to a diehard Steelers fan. Twice a year it is no fun in our home. Steelers at Browns open the regular season this fall. I always begin with such excitement and it usually doesn't take too long to be disappointed. This is what being a Cleveland sports fan is all about. At least I crossed over to the other side to root for the Penguins. Mr. Cleveland boy was at the igloo last month rooting on Sidney Crosby and all the other guys. I guess it just shows I love my wife.

Jeff G
04-29-2007, 10:46 PM
Wow, the Packers picks were a bit disappointing.

Everyone thought they would take Lynch but Buffalo grabbed him at 12. With the 16th pick they end up taking Justin Harrell who in most mock drafts wasn't even projected in the first round. With 4 other interior defensive linemen on the roster a real head scatcher.

The 2nd & 3rd round picks were both big reachs with both being forecasted as 3-4th round picks at best.

I'm not a GM and Ted Thomspson has always done a good job so I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

Jimenyfan
04-30-2007, 02:45 PM
Kevin Kolb? Why in the World would the Eagles use their best pick on him? I mean, Dwayne Jarrett is on the board, and Jarrett would be a welcome addition to Mcnabb. If you want to go QB, we have about 5 better QB's than Kolb. Also, why would we have signed a back-up QB if we were going to draft one? Bad decision, but I'm getting used to it. Who knows what Andy Reid will do next...

A few years back no one undersood why the Eagles wasted their first pick on McNabb. I dont know much about Kevin Kolb but I do know the Eagles also picked CJ Gaddis out of Clemson who was a very good defensive player. You truly never know how good or bad one will be out of college.

Jimenyfan
04-30-2007, 02:48 PM
I agree. It's just the idea of using your first pick on a WR in 4 of the last 5 drafts. Not a great track record for the Lions.

The Eagle pick was a shocker. I don't care what Reid said to McNabb - he's got to be wondering about his future.

I like McNabb but over the past few years its been pretty evident that the Eagles need a really good back up. My opinion, Garcia out played McNabb last year.

goofhook
04-30-2007, 03:26 PM
I like McNabb but over the past few years its been pretty evident that the Eagles need a really good back up. My opinion, Garcia out played McNabb last year.

Well, in my opinion McNabb is a better QB on the stat sheet. The problem with him is he usual does not like to run the ball, just bomb it down field. He did start to not pass as much as the 05 season, but he could still throw a little less. Garcia plays smart and mixes the plays up, which you could clearly see made the Eagles win more. If I was asked, I think I would have Garcia over McNabb.

Jimenyfan
04-30-2007, 05:03 PM
I think McNabb is a great running QB but he has been running less and less over the years. Im anxious to see how the Eagles make out with there draft picks. They have been my team for as long as I can remember. I dont find many Eagles fans here is south carolina.

Epc0tphr34k
05-04-2007, 11:30 AM
Well, in my opinion McNabb is a better QB on the stat sheet. The problem with him is he usual does not like to run the ball, just bomb it down field. He did start to not pass as much as the 05 season, but he could still throw a little less. Garcia plays smart and mixes the plays up, which you could clearly see made the Eagles win more. If I was asked, I think I would have Garcia over McNabb.
the pass/run ratio had less to do witht he quarterbacks and more to do with the fact that mornihnweg was calling the offense instead of reid. marty will be making the calls again this year on offense so donovan should benefit greatly from the more balanced attack.

i think the only pick the eagles made that will make the 53 man is Hunt at RB, maybe cj gaddis . everyone else should be practice squad unless they cut holcolm.