PDA

View Full Version : 2 Bedroom at the BWV

Pollack
04-24-2007, 12:06 PM
Just wondering if it's hard to book a 2 bedroom at BWV. I'm just not sure how many they actually have. I am a little ways out seeing that I won't be going until October of '08 because I am pregnant and would rather take my little princess when she is 1 :princess: . I need to at least have that feeling that I am planning my next Disney vacation to stay sane :crazy: . I have never gone that long between trips to the world. Also has anyone ever stayed in a 2 bedroom with a boardwalk view? Just wondering how great it is!

CarolMN
04-24-2007, 03:02 PM
Do you own at the BWV? If so, you shouldn't have a problem getting a 2 bedroom overlooking the Boardwalk because you can call as soon as the 11 month window opens.

October is a busy time for both BCV & BWV - mostly due to EPCOT's Food & WIne Festival. It's unlikely a member who has to use the 7 month window could get a Boardwalk view (or standard view) unit at that time. BWV owners generally book those up as soon as the 11 month window opens.

But you have a shot at getting a Pool/Garden view 2 bedroom. My advice would be to call day by day as soon as MS opens. If any of your days are not available, waitlist for them. If you get on the waitlist right away, you would have a pretty good chance of it coming through.

All of the BWV 2 bedoroms are lock offs - there are no dedicated 2 bedrooms at that resort.

I love the Boardwalk views - it's so nice to sit on the balcony and people watch and it's also great to be able to see the higher level fireworks from IllumiNations, too. My favorite is sipping coffee on the balcony in the early mornings - the Boardwalk starts out so peacefu and serene, and then gradually comes to life!

Hope you can experience it for yourself!

FiggyFan
04-24-2007, 08:32 PM
According to the "public offerring statement" we received when we purchased at BWV, they have 143 two-bedroom units. From the maps on the DVC website, I would agree with CarolMN that they are lock-off units (a 1BR plus studio tied together).

For other room types, there are 7 three-BR, 121 one-BR, and 96 Studios.

The actual numbers are probably just a bit higher now - when they moved the main DVC sales operation to SSR, they sold some of the units that used to be part of the BWV sales center.

Mickey'sApprentice
04-26-2007, 07:27 PM
Ditto what CarolMN said. We just got back from BWV Sat. We had a Boardwalk view and I enjoyed it so much. Being able to drink coffee on the balcony looking at Spaceship Earth, the Boardwalk, and Yacht & Beach club was great. :cloud9: Our villa was directly above the Big River Grille. If you can get a boardwalk view, definitely go for it. :thumbsup:

mook3y
04-27-2007, 11:22 AM
we own SAR.

moved our reservations forward to last week of September and was able to get BWV 2 bedroom no problem. Still on wait list for boardwalk view. But do have a pool view.

:D

Maleficent's Dad
04-27-2007, 02:55 PM
CarolMN has the best response and I'd just be repeating what she said...

The Boardwalk - while not as popular as the BC - will fill up fast, so book as early as you can. If not available, go wait-list.

Being you're shooting for a 2BR, my guess would be that there indeed would be some available - I say this because the 2BR's use a good chunk of points... studios always go first because they use the fewest. (We gotta save them points! ;) )

In any event, congrats on your pregnancy and good luck with it. And good luck planning for the next 18 months!!! :mickey:

Pollack
04-30-2007, 11:30 AM
Thanks Maleficient's Dad for the :babyroll: congrats, it is exciting!!

Does the 2 BR at the BWV have one large balcony? Also I may consider the BC because of the pool. We stayed there this past Dec. My Best friend from AZ will be coming on the trip with us and they have a 3 year old who would love the pool. I understand that they are both busy because of the food and wine festival but does anyone know if the beginning or the end of the month is better for availability in Oct? I didn't know if it was busier at the beginning of the food and wine festival.

CarolMN
04-30-2007, 01:32 PM
Thanks Maleficient's Dad for the :babyroll: congrats, it is exciting!!

Does the 2 BR at the BWV have one large balcony? Also I may consider the BC because of the pool. We stayed there this past Dec. My Best friend from AZ will be coming on the trip with us and they have a 3 year old who would love the pool. I understand that they are both busy because of the food and wine festival but does anyone know if the beginning or the end of the month is better for availability in Oct? I didn't know if it was busier at the beginning of the food and wine festival.All of the 2 bedroom units that we were assigned had two balconies - one off the studio and one that could be accessed from either the Master bedroom or the living room. The balconies were not connected.

If you think about it, it makes sense that all of the 2 bedroom units are set up that way. Since there are no dedicated 2 bedroom units at the BWV, the unit could be rented as a separate studio and 1 bedroom. The guests in each room would want their own private balcony.

No matter which part of October or which EPCOT DVC resort you choose for your 2008 trip, plan to call day by day as soon as your 7 month window opens (sounds like you do not own at either BCV or BWV). All of the EPCOT resort rooms go fast from the beginning of Food & WIne to New Year's Day. Those who don't call day by day must often use the waitlist and it doesn't always work for that time of the year.

If you own at BCV or BWV, you can make one call to book your entire vacation when the 11 month window openes UNLESS you want SV or BW view at BWV. Then call day by day at 11 months. If you don't, you'll be on the waitlist.

Good luck!