PDA

View Full Version : The Simpsons Come to Universal Theme Parks

Figment!
04-24-2007, 11:53 AM
TheSimpsons Come to Universal Theme Park

Universal Parks and Resorts Press Release
April 24, 2007

"Woo Hoo!" Universal's theme parks add animated fun and excitement to their roster as Fox's blockbuster hit series, "The Simpsons," becomes the inspiration for the world's most highly anticipated new theme park ride.

Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie Simpson - stars of TV's longest running series - will ride along with guests in a new mega-attraction opening at Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood in Spring 2008.

Guests will be rocketed along with the Simpson family on a hysterical, almost unimaginable adventure. They'll experience a side of Springfield previously unexplored as they enjoy the new ride's interpretation of thrill rides, dark rides and "live" shows that make up a new fantasy amusement park dreamed up by the show's cantankerous Krusty the Clown.

Universal's award-winning creative team is collaborating with "The Simpsons" Creator and Executive Producer Matt Groening and Executive Producer James L. Brooks to create and open the first-ever mega-attraction based on the blockbuster TV series. It will feature the show's classic humor and many of its instantly recognizable characters - all voiced by the original actors.

"The ride is designed to duplicate the Simpsons home-viewing experience, only at high speed and with lots of screaming," stated Matt Groening.

"I am particularly thrilled since, like most people, I'm forever looking for a way to cut the line at Universal Theme Parks," added James L. Brooks.

"Universal takes the most popular characters in blockbuster movies and hit TV shows and creates fun, exhilarating entertainment experiences," said Tom Williams, Chairman and CEO of Universal Parks & Resorts. "With its unique sense of humor and enormous popularity, 'The Simpsons' is a perfect complement to our brand of entertainment."

"'The Simpsons' is nothing short of a cultural phenomenon and nearly 400 episodes in, the multiple Emmy-Award winning show continues to be as hilarious and inspired as ever," commented 20th Century Fox Television Presidents Dana Walden and Gary Newman. "Creating an attraction based on this landmark series is a fantastic opportunity for our viewers to experience 'The Simpsons' in a whole new way, as well as potentially expose it to an even wider audience."

JRock0114
04-24-2007, 04:05 PM
After weeks of rumors, it has just been announced that a Ride based on "The Simpsons" will take the place of the closed "Back to the Future: the Ride" in Universal Studios. The new ride is set to open in Spring 2008.

Look for the next announcement to be either a ride or an entire land based on Harry Potter.

WDWfanatic742
04-24-2007, 05:11 PM
Finally they confirm it. Interesting to find out what the attraction will feature.

Christine
04-24-2007, 09:01 PM
that seems very fitting.

imaprincess!
04-24-2007, 09:40 PM
My son will be soooooooooooooooooooo happy to hear this!

celebrationasheley
05-15-2007, 12:45 AM
I was hoping they would get ride of the back to the future feel with the screen and those cars. Do something like they did with King Kong changing it to the mummy. But nope, keeping the movie and cars, just changing everything to the simpsons.

I was excited now that I know how it will be... it makes the wait a lot easier.:fit:

WDWfanatic742
05-17-2007, 12:10 AM
At least it won't be too long because they won't have to rip out all of the actual ride technology. Just mostly repairing everything that broke when BTTF was open (which was about everything), and then retheming the ride. At least it will be something new...

2Epcot
05-17-2007, 12:24 AM
Sounds like a good replacement for Back to the Future. The Simpsons still seem to have plenty of life left in them.