PDA

View Full Version : MK Parades

Dakota Rose
04-24-2007, 09:41 AM
In 2005, we saw the Parade of Dreams at MK. Currently another parade with Dreams in the title is running. Are the parades different or just different names? Any clue if this parade will be the one running in Feb 08? And, please refresh my memory: the parade starts in frontierland, right? I think so...

Michigander
04-24-2007, 09:57 AM
I was just there and they are two different parades. The old one had the big glass snowglobes and this one only has one at the very end. It was really nice. :mickey:

Figment!
04-24-2007, 10:06 AM
From Disney Dreams Come True Parade (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../themeparks/magickingdom/mainstreet/dreamscometrue/default.asp)
In preparation of the Year of A Million Dreams, the Share a Dream Come True parade was magical transformed into the Disney Dreams Come True parade on August 10, 2006. The new incarnation of the parade contains revised floats, a new soundtrack and expanded character line-up. The floats have been revised replacing the snow globes with themed structures and a new “up-beat” soundtrack has been imported from Tokyo Disneyland.

Dakota Rose
04-25-2007, 12:11 AM
Thank you very much! :)

Now, how come I didn't find that info when I was searching intercot. :blush:

Any ideas if this will still be the parade running in Feb 2008?

Figment!
04-25-2007, 07:15 PM
Any ideas if this will still be the parade running in Feb 2008?Hard to say.

It's likely that this new incarnation will last at least a few years; however, as it isn't a wholly new parade it could have a shorter than typical tenure.

dumbo ears
04-25-2007, 07:43 PM
i have not seen the day parade yet, but ive seen the spectromagic parade and to me its the best parade at WDW.

Dakota Rose
04-25-2007, 09:17 PM
Without question, SpectroMagic is my favorite parade ever. I cry like a baby when I see it and I am often spotted walking thru the house singing the song!

But, in general, I love Disney's parades. My dream job would be to be one of those CMs with the walkie-talkie workin' the parades. Oh yeah.

Thanks for the info guys.

joanna71985
04-28-2007, 04:46 PM
I definitely prefer the new parade (DDCT) over the old parade (SADCT). I enjoy the music a lot.

Mickey91
04-28-2007, 05:10 PM
We liked the old one the best. The new song is obnoxious. I usually want to watch it every day I'm there and after the first time watching this one I was done.

They are basically the same float but without the globes.

This one will probably be there a couple of years. But you never know.

We love Spectromagic. But our all time fave is the Main Street Electrical Parade!:mickey: