PDA

View Full Version : Rain Forest Cafe

tracy65
04-24-2007, 06:15 AM
Which RFC is the best to go to the one in Animal Kingdom or Downtown Disney?

bicker
04-24-2007, 06:30 AM
I don't feel either is worth a trip.

Twinsowner
04-24-2007, 06:50 AM
We havent been to the DD one but have enjoyed the One at AK each time we go. I know it gets a bad rap but we have never seen anything wrong with it. The food is good and service is normal and you cannot beat the atmosphere. Especially for children. We certainly plan on going again in November. We just schedule lunch for the day we are at AK and it is easy. Enjoy!!

mrp4352
04-24-2007, 08:41 AM
The AK Rainforest does a fantastic sit-down breakfast! We almost always include that in our trips! The DTD location does not offer breakfast.

disneydrmr
04-24-2007, 08:47 AM
My sister and I had dinner at the Downtown location and breakfast at the AK location back in December... we greatly enjoyed both. Wonderful food, good service, great atmosphere... we plan to eat at both again when we make it back to Disney.

luvdiznee
04-24-2007, 09:32 AM
We have enjoyed both. We plan to go back to the one at DTD our next trip. Already have our ressie. :mickey:

Dakota Rose
04-24-2007, 09:38 AM
I love RF. We always eat at that one in DTD. This next trip, we're going to end our day at AK at the RF.

scottgr
04-24-2007, 09:49 AM
I eaten at both. It seemed the one at AK had less of a wait. We have set up eating there around shopping in DTD. :mickey:

Disneytravels
04-24-2007, 09:52 AM
DTD doesn't take ADR and the one in Animal kingdom does .. if that helps.

disneydrmr
04-24-2007, 10:50 AM
DTD doesn't take ADR and the one in Animal kingdom does .. if that helps.

Unless they've changed their policy the DTD location took ADR's back in December.

JPL
04-24-2007, 11:47 AM
Both location are identical as far as food goes. The inside is about the same setup. But the one at AK is bigger than the DTD one so it is less crowded most of the time.

BriarRose0708
04-24-2007, 12:06 PM
With novelty franchises like RFC, Hard Rock or Planet Hollywood, wherever you go they are going to be about the same inside and on the menu. I went to the one in DTD and it was super crowded and busy so therefore the service was way slow. Our return time was 7:30 and we didn't eat until 9:00. The only reason I wasn't thrilled was because I have a RFC near me at home and wanted to try something different but in my group majority ruled. It is a fun atmosphere to be sure and the food is very good (though pricey).

g0189a
04-24-2007, 12:54 PM
Jusrt be forewarned, the rainforest cafe is really really loud. It's sort of part of the "show" but it gets much louder than your average disney restaurant. It was not even 100% full when we ate there and it still was really loud.

The food is pretty good and the srrvice was better than other places. I'd rate it better than the COral Reef but not as good as than Narcoosee's at the GF or Wolfgang Puck's in DTD.

Glenn

Tinkerfreak
04-24-2007, 01:11 PM
I eaten at both. It seemed the one at AK had less of a wait. We have set up eating there around shopping in DTD. :mickey:

We have also eaten at both and we find we have less of a wait at AK and it did seem less crowded than the one at DD.

Granny Jill A
04-24-2007, 01:23 PM
We've eaten at both locations, and the service was terrible. We have found this to be true at our local Rainforest Cafe.

I don't know how they train their staff, but there must be a whole section on ignoring your tables. ;)

The servers at both places spent a LOT of time chatting with each other.

tracy65
04-24-2007, 04:19 PM
Thank You to everyone for the pros and cons.

tinksmom02
04-24-2007, 09:21 PM
Unless they've changed their policy the DTD location took ADR's back in December.

The RFC on DTD doesn't accept ADRs, but you can call the restaurant directly, and make an actual reservation. That will help some, but not much...you'll probably still have to wait a while.

Belle--86
04-24-2007, 09:34 PM
We go to the one at AK every time where down in Disney, its a great end to a long hot day.:cloud9: We never had any problems with service the food is good and the kids love the theming. However we have eating at DD and the wait was really long , it was really crowded and the service was real slow.

SurferStitch
04-25-2007, 09:59 AM
The food and service are excellent at both, but we seem to prefer the one at AK....just because of location.

We never do RFC for dinner...it's more of a lunch or late lunch place for us (there are so many amazing dinner places that we can only do at WDW). We love taking a break from the AK and heading to RFC for a great meal midway through the day. It's a perfect combination.

As for the service...The poor servers always seem to be running from one table to another...they really do knock themselves out. We've always had great service, and never wanted for anything. Our food is always fresh, delicious, and prepared perfectly. No complaints at all.

Guya103
04-25-2007, 10:46 AM
We always eat at the one at DTD. The atmosphere in the evening along with the openess to the outdoors creates a wonderful experience!:mickey: