PDA

View Full Version : Pixie dust for the kids

Tink&Goofy
04-24-2007, 01:53 AM
We just found out that a friend of my DH died this past weekend. He was only about 50, and died in his sleep - they still don't know the cause yet. He was a single parent - actually a single step parent. He was raising two kids which were not his biological kids. These poor kids - their biological father died several years ago, leaving their mother as a single parent. She then married our friend, who became their step dad. Tragically, their mother died a couple years ago, leaving them with only their step dad. We aren't positive, but think he may have some family around that will likely take the kids. I feel so sorry for these kids. They have been through so much. My heart just aches when I think of all the things they have been through. Please send any extra pixie dust and prayers their way - they really can use it!

mrsgaribaldi
04-24-2007, 05:15 AM
How sad. :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: and prayers on the way.

DVC2004
04-24-2007, 08:17 AM
Sad indeed. Prayers and pixie dust to all involved.:( My sympathies.

faline
04-24-2007, 08:40 AM
:pixie: :pixie: :pixie: How sad that these children have needed to endure so many losses.

mtown71
04-24-2007, 08:59 AM
Prayers & pixie dust coming their way! Very sad.

Dsnygirl
04-24-2007, 02:19 PM
I am sending as many prayers and as much pixie dust as I can to those poor children - what an awful thing to have happen. I sure hope they are going to be okay - you just hate to hear about things like this. Good luck and blessings to them...

Tinkerfreak
04-24-2007, 02:37 PM
Wow, I can't help but cry for these poor children and all that they have been through. I hope that God finds them a happy home full of love and someone understanding who can help them heal. I'm sorry for the loss of your husbands friend.

ElenitaB
04-24-2007, 05:36 PM
Those poor kids. I will be saying special prayers for them and hope that someone will come forward who they know already, to help them through these troubling times.

Tink&Goofy
04-26-2007, 01:44 AM
We have found out that a friend is staying with the kids right now, and is considering taking them in. There are several others who are also considering it - and all agree that they need to be kept together. With everything they have been through, all they have is each other. Several have been in contact with the Childrens Services (since they are essentially wards of the State at this point) trying to figure out foster arrangements with one or more of the friends until things can be permanent. Its so sad. The only good thing is that the friend that is staying there is very close to the boy as his ex-wifes son was good friends with him. He has always been there for this boy, and obviously will continue to do so. Continue sending whatever pixie dust and prayers you can spare. These kids have a long road - but alot of support from friends at this point.

The Bookseller
04-26-2007, 01:18 PM
This is sad news indeed. My sympathies for the kids and the whole Family & Friends.

I am also amazed by the sheer spirit bonding everybody together and the desire for the whole group to care for those kids. I am sure that they will not run out of love and care.

Here's some :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: for everybody and some more :pixie: :pixie: in the hope that everything go swell with child services.

MsMin
04-27-2007, 12:35 AM
:pixie: My heart goes out to them. How old are they? Keeping them in my prayers I know it's hard for everyone.

Auntie
04-27-2007, 12:43 AM
Truly heartbreaking..I'm so sorry, and will keep these little ones in my prayers.

merlinmagic4
04-27-2007, 06:45 AM
That is a lot of sadness for young children to bear. Sending :pixie: that they will get through this okay.