PDA

View Full Version : Olivia's Cafe???

mickclub1955
04-23-2007, 11:08 PM
Any information on this restaurant at Disney's Old Key West Resort would be appreciated. We have never been to this resort and thought we would stop in and look around and try out the restaurant.:confused: By the way, what is a Conch fritter?

May524
04-23-2007, 11:22 PM
My family and I stayed at OKW one year, and enjoyed Olivias Cafe. I can't remember exactly what I got...but we all remembered it being very yummy!!! OKW is a beautiful resort, give it a try :thumbsup:

Crow
04-23-2007, 11:39 PM
in all my trips ive never stopped in to check it out either and was also thinking about it.

ElenitaB
04-24-2007, 08:17 AM
Olivia's is a really nice, quiet restaurant. We like to go there for breakfast when we're staying at what is probably our favorite DVC resort.

Conch is sea-dwelling mollusk — you know the shell that you hold up to your ear to hear the sea? That's a conch. The meat is eaten either raw, as in salads, or cooked, as in fritters, chowders, gumbos, and burgers. One of my favorite dishes over at Olivia's is their conch chowder.

After dining at Olivia's and strolling through Old Key West, you can always take a boat over to Downtown Disney.

Enjoy!

DVC2004
04-24-2007, 08:23 AM
Olivia's is good. It's casual and on the small side. A Conch Fritter is conch meat (they live in those big giant shells) in a small fired dough ball (similar to a hush puppy). They are popular in Key West. They are good!:thumbsup:

glenpreece
04-24-2007, 10:58 AM
Olivia's is a great place to eat. The food is great and the service is good too. The only we aren't going there this trip is because Adam wants as many buffets as possible. By all means stop in for a meal.

busterthebronco
04-24-2007, 05:59 PM
its a real nice relaxing place to eat.
the service is nice and personable.
the menu is varied and the shakes are to die for!!!!
bad news though they told us they no longer do the conch fritters.:(
but i dont like those things anyway!:thumbsup:
eat there its neat.
we always angle for an outdoor table.

LilBugsMa
04-24-2007, 07:09 PM
We think Olivia's is great.

I really enjoy the Crab Cake appetizer, shakes, flavored ice tea and key lime pie.

I think that I had a carribbean style pork the last time I was there, and remember that being excellent too. Sadly, it doesn't look like its on the menu anymore. Rave reviews were given by the rest of my family on their meals, too.

Plus, we've always gotten great service there, and, it seemed not to be as busy (I guess because its more out of the way than some other restaurants?)

Maleficent's Dad
04-24-2007, 09:37 PM
I didn't know Olivia's had outdoor seating...:confused:

Anyway, it's a laid back place with safe food. We enjoy it quite a bit. It's comfortable. Don't know how else to describe it! :mickey: