PDA

View Full Version : Early Park opening

Clywalk
04-23-2007, 06:16 PM
I have heard from a few people that almost every day, the four parks will usually start letting the generaly public in 30 mins before the scheduled opening.
Is this true?

CaptShang
04-23-2007, 06:19 PM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they start letting people through the turnstiles early but further in the park is roped off and they don't drop the ropes until opening time. I think they do it to ease the congestion at the turnstiles.

MMouse6937
04-23-2007, 06:40 PM
They will sometimes let people through the gates before the official opening time. Most of the time this is only to let people into the main hub to minimize the crush at regular opening. Sometimes select attrations will be open, it just depends on crowd levels. It's never something I would count on. Have fun!!

DisneyDudet
04-23-2007, 06:54 PM
Yes, at times, they do allow people through the turnstiles, but most areas are roped off. I've really only seen this at MK. We were let into the area in front of the turnstiles, but not allowed past the tunnels to Main Street. Once the opening show was over, we were allowed to move. Somtimes, I'm sure, when its crowded, they will open up Main Street, but the lands are still closed (I remember this happening.

I know at Epcot, they will open up the park, but couldn't get to The Land. They walked the rope back after the "Entrance Music" started(which was their signal to start).

pook@wdw
04-23-2007, 07:28 PM
Each park has designated EMH days (if that is what you're referring to). On regular days, we have gotten as far as under the castle @ MK before we were "roped" and @ Epcot we got as far as the "Y" past Spaceship Earth to line up for opening.:mickey: