PDA

View Full Version : Biergarten?

wdw_bound
04-23-2007, 06:08 PM
I LOVE German food, but DH not so much. We'll be travelling with DD and DS (average kid eaters - DD slightly more adventurous) and the in-laws (good southern cooking is their daily staple). DH will eat certain things I cook from my Oma's recipes, but he's fairly meat and potatoes.

Are there kid-friendly dishes on the buffet (chicken, mac & cheese)? Or would it be best to skip this one for this trip?

disney100%
04-23-2007, 06:55 PM
On my last trip to Disney, we ate at Beirgarten with my 14 month old son. I think he ate as much as the adults, but he isn't a picky eater. I do not remember seeing any section of the buffet geared toward foods that may be children's favorites. We fed Joey directly from the German food. But, I do remember that they have roasted chicken and pork. I don't think they had any sauce or anything on them. But I will say that my son particularly loved the desserts - there was a pretty good selection. I hope that helps! :mickey:

SBETigg
04-23-2007, 07:18 PM
INTERCOT's Info Central has a dining section that lists menus from the restaurants. Biergarten's lunch and dinner listing is on there so you can go check if there are things your party will eat before you book it.

wendy*darling
04-23-2007, 09:26 PM
Here's the menu (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/epcot/biergarten.asp).

I am not a fan of German food either, but I really enjoy the Biergarten.
There is plenty of food for any appetite. And German food is mainly meat and potatoes, isn't it? Lots of meat- wursts, sausages, pork, chicken. Potatoes- boiled and salad. Cold salads, regular old green salads. I do seem to remember chicken fingers or fried chicken.

The entertainment is great- and you feel like you are eating at an outdoor festival.

Don't worry about anyone going hungry- there is a good assortment to suit everyone.

wire0monkey
04-24-2007, 03:29 PM
Try the spaetzle. (a kind of noodle) They serve it with several sauces on the side. It's as good as my Grandma's was, which was pretty amazing.

bleukarma
04-24-2007, 03:50 PM
I ate there last Feb and they do have things like mac and cheese and chicken fingers. I'm a picky eater but I found things that I liked. And since it's a buffet I could go back and load up on things that I liked and skip the yucky things! :)

Polynesian Dweller
04-24-2007, 04:11 PM
Sorry if I'm hijacking this a bit but its Biergarten oriented for sure, Do they still seat you at tables with a several other strangers? Didn't work out too well the last time we were there so have avoided since. :(

mdricks
04-24-2007, 04:47 PM
Hey Pollydweller werent you at my table?!? :D

Seriously, the biergarten is one of my favorites becaue it's a dinner and a show type of atmosphere. The food is very good but not so outlandish to scare off the timid palate. They do still seat everybody together at long tables family style so unless you are a family of 10 you will be sharing your "space" with idiots like me! :blush:

Ziggy Zocky Ziggy Zocky Hoy Hoy Hoy!
:beer:

prttynpnk
04-24-2007, 04:53 PM
I think Biergarten is a good choice for the meat and potatotes people of the world- it's not too adventurous and buffets are good for trying new things without gettign locked in to an entree.
I say go for it.

wdw_bound
04-24-2007, 10:24 PM
Try the spaetzle. (a kind of noodle) They serve it with several sauces on the side. It's as good as my Grandma's was, which was pretty amazing.

I could eat my own weight in spaetzle (and that's quite a lot of noodles ;) )

Thanks for the input, everyone. I know I'll be fine there, just wasn't sure about DH and the inlaws, even after checking the menu. Now that you have told me they do have a few American basics on the buffet along with some of the "plainer" German classics, I think I'm going to include it in the plan (hey, when you put me in charge while offering no feedback other than "I'm sure what you pick will be just fine," you get what you ask for :thedolls: )