PDA

View Full Version : Another Question???

tinktude
04-23-2007, 02:37 PM
If I have an unused WDW ticket booklet from 1971, can this be exchanged for new tickets when I get to WDW in a couple of weeks?

BigRedDad
04-23-2007, 02:41 PM
I would venture to say no. However, if you have an unused booklet of tickets, it is probably worth more to a collector.

scoot241
04-23-2007, 02:44 PM
That's a good question. I remember reading somewhere here that if you had an old admission ticket such as a Park Hopper they would allow you to trade it for a current ticket, but the ticket would only be good for the parks that were open at the time of the original ticket purchase.

I could see this playing out a couple of different ways. One would be that they would give you a ticket for the Magic Kingdom only. Another one would be that they wouldn't give you a ticket since those are ride tickets and not admission tickets (technicality, but true none-the-less). I'm just speculating here, but I'm sure someone will come along with an answer.

PinKy
04-23-2007, 02:59 PM
I would agree with the collector idea. You could probably sell it on e-bay and purchase tickets for your family with the profit! (and you'd most likely come out ahead that way) But, it doesn't hurt to call and ask about exhanging old tickets for a certain amount of new ones. I am sure that question comes up occasionally at the ticket office at Disney.

Just my $.02, but Disney has always been very accommodating to us about using old ticket/passes, but ours were not quite as old as yours. I would check on it. Good luck! Let us know what happens, I'm curious! :mickey:

TheRustyScupper
04-24-2007, 12:05 PM
1) No, you cannot use or upgrade them.
2) Your booklet is for separate rides.
3) As mentioned above, offer it to collectors.

Main Street Jim
04-24-2007, 01:15 PM
is it a *ticket book*, like the A/B/C/D/E tickets, or is it park admission tickets? If it's admission tickets, it's only good for MK, since that was the only park open when you bought them. However, if it's the ticket BOOK (A/B/C/D/E), then it's NOT good for admission to the parks. Even then, you would only have to pay the difference between what you paid for the original tickets, and today's ticket prices, not including the no-expiration or park-hopping options.