PDA

View Full Version : Good place to have a drink

LizLovesDiz
04-23-2007, 11:33 AM
My DH and I are in our mid 40's and are not really into to the dancing scene.We just want to go out and have a relaxing night somewhere,any body have any ideas?Thank you in advance ! :beer: :marg: :mickey:

faline
04-23-2007, 11:45 AM
Nice spots include Territory Lounge at Wilderness Lodge; Victoria Falls at Animal Kingdom Lodge; the Outer Rim at the Contemporary; and Tambu Lounge at the Polynesian.

TIdoubleGR
04-23-2007, 01:13 PM
... the Outer Rim at the Contemporary; and Tambu Lounge at the Polynesian.

These are two of my favorites, particularly the Tambu Lounge...great places to people watch.

WDWfeelslikehome
04-23-2007, 03:19 PM
If you want to see a little comedy while you relax, the Adventurers Club at DTD is the way to go.:thumbsup:

Epcotfan21
04-23-2007, 04:20 PM
Jellyrolls at Boardwalk is a dueling piano bar that you can relax at and listen to some classic tunes. You have to be 21+ to enter, so no worries about little kids running around.

BigRedDad
04-23-2007, 05:58 PM
Many of the resort bars depend on the mood and atmosphere you want. Poly is tropical themed, AKL is kind dark with a great fireplace, the restaurant in England is nice to watch the fireworks (you can have a true yard there). Mexico is another good place. ESPN bar is fun, but it is kinda loud and sports atmosphere.

What type of atmosphere are you looking for? That may be able to help make better recommendations. Also, you can strike up a good conversation with others having cocktails. Many people enjoy talking casually while relaxing.

dmallan
04-23-2007, 06:26 PM
Mizner's in the GF is a relaxing place. :wine: The lounge is within earshot of the jazz ensemble which performs (nightly, I think) in the lobby. :piano:

mrsgaribaldi
04-24-2007, 03:33 AM
If you want to see a little comedy while you relax, the Adventurers Club at DTD is the way to go.:thumbsup:

I agree:thumbsup: We are also in our 40s and love it there:mickey:

disney100%
04-24-2007, 09:19 AM
My DH and I also love the Outer Rim (contemporary) and Tambu Lounge (ploynesian). But I think our most favorite is River Roost at Port Orleans Riverside. It is a very relaxing atmosphere and on certain nights of the week, there is a great (and funny) piano player who really gets the crowd going.

LizLovesDiz
04-24-2007, 01:19 PM
Thank you for all the posts,I am going to try these places.DD likes sports,so ESPN sounds good for him.He likes jazz.We both like comedy,and I like the islands.I LOVE DISNEYWORLD,you can get any atmosphere you want !!!:cloud9: :mickey: :mickey:

McGoofy
04-24-2007, 05:58 PM
OK...I'm starting to wonder if I am a lush because I just responded to the post about where to find wine a minute ago!;) Seriously, DH and I aren't heavy drinkers at home, but there's something about complimentary transportation at Disney. We have figured out why they call WDW "The happiest place on earth!" Anyhow, I digress. To answer your question, the Tambu lounge at the Poly is one of our favorites. They are VERY generous with the liquor. The lapu lapus (made in a pineapple) are wonderful, but watch out, they can sneak up on you very quickly!!! Our other must go place is the Rose and Crown pub at Epcot. (You don't have to be having dinner there to get drinks at the pub.) We love to ask for rum runners there. We often take them to the patio area and watch Illuminations right there by the bar. It is awesome! I also like the way the British boys call me "Love" when they talk to me!:D

Lucille
04-25-2007, 04:28 PM
Booze! One of my favorite topics.

Here's a link to another thread that lists my favorites. Drinkin with Lucy (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=96278)

SteveL
04-25-2007, 06:15 PM
Best kept secret for a quiet drink is the Bellvue Room at the Boardwalk Inn. We sit on the balcony and just watch the crowds and boats.

EvilQueen2006
04-25-2007, 07:33 PM
The Rose and Crown, and the Cantina are great places to stop for a drink or two in Epcot. At the resorts, I have really enjoyed the laid back atmosphere of The Outer Rim at the Contemporary. Great views of the lake, and really good wines there.

SgtTigger
04-25-2007, 08:17 PM
Nice spots include Territory Lounge at Wilderness Lodge; Victoria Falls at Animal Kingdom Lodge; the Outer Rim at the Contemporary; and Tambu Lounge at the Polynesian.

Ill Go with faline on this one.... I love the Territory Lounge and I really like the view of Outer Rim.......

:cop: :tigger:

Crow
04-25-2007, 09:34 PM
well i have been known to :beer: :marg:
Epcot is my fav to relax. :marg: in Mexico,sake in Japan,Kir Royal in France,:beer: in England. stroll w it and check out the shops.
TL in WL i was in once. i wil b again
Kimonos in the Swan/Dolphin is nice for sake,sushi, karoake. or the lounge in Japan
havent hit the PI clubs for awhile, but may this trip. even if i dont dance....well not much.
might check out Jellyrolls.
i have to see whats what at CS since ill b staying there in May.

McGoofy
04-26-2007, 03:03 AM
well i have been known to :beer: :marg:
Epcot is my fav to relax. :marg: in Mexico,sake in Japan,Kir Royal in France,:beer: in England. stroll w it and check out the shops.
TL in WL i was in once. i wil b again
Kimonos in the Swan/Dolphin is nice for sake,sushi, karoake. or the lounge in Japan
havent hit the PI clubs for awhile, but may this trip. even if i dont dance....well not much.
might check out Jellyrolls.
i have to see whats what at CS since ill b staying there in May.

DH and I really liked the bar at CS when we stayed there last June. Good margaritas and, unlike the other places, complimentary nachos and salsa dip. YUM!

We're going the week of May 6th--perhaps we'll find you there if that's the same week that you are going!:mickey:

big blue and hairy
04-26-2007, 07:12 AM
All the places mentioned are good ideas...I would just add, pretty much any of the resort pool bars, especially after dark in the warmer months....

:sulley: