PDA

View Full Version : Cat's that Fingerpaint

wizardmickey
04-22-2007, 09:35 PM
Long before I ever picked up my first guitar, I studied art. Nearly got a real job as a Commercial Artist at one point, but was always more interested in becoming a Comic Book artist or Animator...
But I digress: I began a new art project for the "Tiki Room" section of our guest house; a water color & oil rendering of a Stitch Tiki Totem with Hyacinths around the border. So I set everything aside to dry overnight. When I woke the next morning, I found black paw-prints all over the table in the craft-room/office, as well as up one wall, on a window sill, on the area rug & the wood floors. It seems I had forgotten that oil paints, unlike acrylics & so on, don't just dry up overnight, and the kitties decided to play in the little dab I had left on my pallette. After cleaning that room up, I went to make me some coffee, and discovered paw-prints on the kitchen counter! Nothing on the floor between the rooms, but all over the counter!
Just thought I'd share a laugh with y'all. Lady Ice has made me swear (after I told her the story over the phone in Scotland) NOT to kill the kitties. I'll just be glad when they settle down & get past their teen years!!!

JPL
04-22-2007, 11:17 PM
The pawprints could have been a cool effect you could have told people you trained your cats to paint for you ;)

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-22-2007, 11:55 PM
Rofl Ice! Talented kitties, they are. Let's hope they don't play with power tools next! :funny: :rotfl:

wizardmickey
04-23-2007, 01:05 AM
...you could have told people you trained your cats to paint for you...
In order to be trainable, they must first show a certain level of intelligence... hmm, you may be on to something though!

Let's hope they don't play with power tools next!
I'm not even allowed to touch the power tools without proper supervision anymore!

Patricia
04-23-2007, 11:10 AM
Poor Ice..

I have to share a picture of my playhouse door. I'll add it later.

Cats have a reputation for walking through paint around here. So, in thier honor we painted cat tracks on the playhouse door.

varcity
04-23-2007, 12:48 PM
I think we share the same feelings on our feline "friends." My allergies won't allow for cats to wander around the house. However, to make art from a cat... That is impressive.

Let me get my check book out.... :mickey:

RenDuran
04-23-2007, 01:20 PM
One of my cats, who shall remain nameless, keeps using the newly painted door frame to sharpen his claws on! It made me a little ticked until I realized he is just showing his artistic side! Wow! I don't want to kill him anymore......

wizardmickey
04-23-2007, 10:06 PM
Yeah, funny the way our feline friends tend to try to artistically express themsleves.
Varcity, make that check payable to Mickey & Minnie (the cats) & I will start a trust fund for their artistic endevours.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-24-2007, 12:01 AM
I will start a trust fund for their artistic endevours.

Next time I go to Disneyland I probably will see Ice's face with his kitties advertising to paint houses :hide: :hide2:

PinkJJ
04-24-2007, 01:47 PM
My cat got into paint once when we where finishing our basement. It was all over her tail. What is it about cats and paint? Also on another note, she likes my husband best. I think she thinks I am the "other woman" in his life. :rolleyes: