PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever visualize yourself at WDW when your not?

dumbo ears
04-22-2007, 08:46 PM
i was wondering. does anyone else just visualize yourself somewhere at WDW? i do sometimes and I was wondering if this is weird or not? i imagine myself sitting on a bench in front of the castle at the MK with a funnel cake from the sleepy hollow watching wishes and then watching the spectromagic parade. when i first saw these two things, when I was actually there, i got goosebumps. these are 2 of my favorite things at WDW. i guess im just asking if i am alone in how I visualize myself at WDW or if other people do it.

kadesha
04-22-2007, 08:50 PM
yes, i do it all the time. Especially at night when I lay down to go to sleep. I guess I think that maybe if I think about it before going to sleep then I might dream about it! If I can't be there, I'd sure love to be dreaming that I'm there! Lol, I don't know if that makes any sense or not!! :cool:

I don't live too far from Warner Robins!

tinksmom02
04-22-2007, 09:01 PM
yes, i do it all the time. Especially at night when I lay down to go to sleep. I guess I think that maybe if I think about it before going to sleep then I might dream about it! If I can't be there, I'd sure love to be dreaming that I'm there! Lol, I don't know if that makes any sense or not!! :cool:

I don't live too far from Warner Robins!

I do the same thing :thumbsup: ...when I can't fall asleep I start visualizing our next trip...course, this just keeps me up longer, because even then I'm trying to plan everything LOL

wendy*darling
04-22-2007, 09:07 PM
Every day!
I play a lot of park music on my iPod, so I am constantly imagining myself in my very favorite place on earth.

I think I most often imagine myself in Epcot- in World Showcase enjoying the music in the dusk just before Illuminations, relaxing in a courtyard, enjoying live performers, or just people watching.
Or on a Friendship floating between Epcot and one of the Epcot Resorts.
Or on a water mouse on Seven Seas Lagoon- just tooling around under the sunny skies.

I can't imagine a day without WDW on my mind! :mickey:

goofiecrazy
04-22-2007, 09:46 PM
All the time and its bad where my husband doesnt want to hear me talk about the world anymore..

Deesdisney
04-22-2007, 09:53 PM
I am so glad I am not the only one. Everyday I check my INTERCOT for exciting new news. Then I try and put together my next trip. Everyone in my family thinks I am nuts. Some will not talk about it. Some have been putting a trip together for Scotland and I tried to do one for Paris disney. Crazy maybe but Disney is were I feel like I do not have to act like the mother but a friend.

DisneyGiant
04-22-2007, 09:54 PM
Every day!
I play a lot of park music on my iPod, so I am constantly imagining myself in my very favorite place on earth.

Same here - only have a shuffle - so I have about 200 Disney related songs on there! Have room for 50 more.

I particularly day dream when I walk.

Today its 60 days to our next trip, and during our walk (I brought the nephews with me), we each fantasized where we'd thought we'd be 60 days from then.

I was on Main St USA - the boys were on Buzz Lightyear! :mickey:

Nevergrowup
04-22-2007, 10:03 PM
You are not alone at all. I think many of us visualize ourselves there often. I dream of a world where everyday I am in the World. Maybe someday that will happen.:mickey:

RockChalkKimball
04-22-2007, 10:35 PM
When I have a bad day, I have trouble going to sleep. I put myself on Main Street and it makes me very calm and happy. I can actually recapture the feeling of walking under the railroad and coming out on the other side to see the castle. I can walk down the street and see every store. It is a great place to go, even if it is just in my head:cloud9:

LoriMistress
04-22-2007, 10:37 PM
I do it at least once a day. (I know, I'm lame.) I'll sometimes put on some park music, close my eyes, and image that I'm there. Or I'll look at some pictures or our vacation video to bring back the great memories. At work, I'll think of our upcoming trip, and our memories from last time.

Here we go again...
04-22-2007, 10:41 PM
Disney is always on my mind, it is my "happy place". Everyone should have a happy place... something to think about when you are stressed or having a bad day. I just picture myself on spaceship earth, or on the TTA... something relaxing.
It helps that I have a Disney license plate and a Mickey decal on my car. Every time I go somewhere I have to think about Disney!:cloud9:

DisneyDudet
04-23-2007, 12:35 AM
Oh my.

Once we got the "Go" for planning the next trip, I dream about it all the time!

I have had Disney Park music CD's since a LONG time ago. I am now listening to Disney music on live365 and I always picture myself wherever the music is from...

I'm getting a new camera this week...

Is it bad that the first thing I thought about was... "Oh.. a fireworks mode... WISHES!"

Nick Mc
04-23-2007, 01:09 AM
Every day!

I can't imagine a day without WDW on my mind! :mickey:

OMG I do the EXACT same thing! haha... and every once in a while I get the music to parades in my head and then pretend that i'm sitting there watching them and dancing to the music.

I comes more hourly than daily but I love playing the music on my Ipod its GREAT! and i'm excited to go down there in 24 Days!

Kristi Kay
04-23-2007, 01:09 AM
Every Single Day.:mickey: :mickey: :mickey: :mickey: :mickey:

dixielandings
04-23-2007, 01:31 AM
Every day.

Mickey 101
04-23-2007, 02:02 AM
I do it all the time. In our family, we call them "Disney moments". Sometimes they come spontaneously, sparked by just about anything......a scent, something we're eating, a song.........and we're transported there. And sometimes, we do it intentionally. When that's the case, some of my favorite spots to visualize are Main Street, International Gateway and AKL. :mickey:

prttynpnk
04-23-2007, 07:23 AM
Sometimes in particularly long lines one of us will ask the other if we can see the turnstiles yet. :mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
04-23-2007, 07:44 AM
I do it all the time too. I like to think I'm on Main Street at night just soaking it all in:thumbsup: I will be in 12 days:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
04-23-2007, 08:00 AM
Yep. Everyday almost! It gives me a little lift thinking about going back. I have to keep my thoughts in check tho. Talking about it too much makes others think I'm crazy! I also wear a different pair of Mickey shaped earrings every day, It helps me feel connected to the happiest place on earth!

darthmacho
04-23-2007, 08:19 AM
Yes. I'm there right now, actually.

I do it mostly when I'm getting really stressed, bored, or just need to escape reality. Unfortunately that's all too often. :help:

SBETigg
04-23-2007, 08:48 AM
I'm always taking mental vacations. Quite often to WDW.

TIdoubleGR
04-23-2007, 09:00 AM
In a word: constantly. :mickey:

In fact, I just saw myself at Epcot, sitting right at the front of the park, looking up at SSE and enjoying a pastery...:cloud9:

Back to work :(

;)

imaprincess!
04-23-2007, 09:05 AM
You are NOT alone! I'm especially dreaming of Disney because my friends are there right now. We called the Polynesian this morning to wish their daughter a Happy Birthday and I got tears in my eyes when the cast member told me to "Have a magical day!" :cloud9:

Another friend is going in June (also staying at the Poly) and I WANT TO GO, TOO (probably will go next year)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fit:

Disney is a place where everyone is happy and everyone can be a kid. I dream of it often.

snowflakegirl
04-23-2007, 09:14 AM
All the time! When I'm having trouble falling asleep. At random moments during the day. If I'm having a particularly bad day at work I'll picture myself on Peter Pan's Flight and it usually helps to calm me down.

ibrowse17
04-23-2007, 09:20 AM
What?? Oh, sorry. Thought I was in line at Casey's getting ready to order a hot dog...:thumbsup:

mttafire
04-23-2007, 09:27 AM
I'm always taking mental vacations. Quite often to WDW.
Yep..Me too, Helps the day go by during slow periods and me in a good mood!!:mickey:

poeticeclipse
04-23-2007, 11:48 AM
I think about Disney tons of times during the day but this weekend I was so stressed out from planning my wedding that I actually did a Disney Meditation Moment. I just closed my eyed and tried to remember what 5 senses would be like at a certain place. My favorite to pick is World Showcase (around the Norwegian pavillion) and then in Tomorrowland standing outside of Buzz Lightyear.

Nothing wrong with pretending!:cloud9: :cloud9:

mickeys_princess_mom
04-23-2007, 11:57 AM
When I have a bad day, I have trouble going to sleep. I put myself on Main Street and it makes me very calm and happy. I can actually recapture the feeling of walking under the railroad and coming out on the other side to see the castle. I can walk down the street and see every store. It is a great place to go, even if it is just in my head:cloud9:

This is exactly what I do, too! "I'm walking through the gate....they're checking my purse....etc." It's gotten me through a few rough times, and brought me happy thoughts just for fun lots of others! Right now it's helping me count down and get through the end of the school year.! Imagination!:fworks:...

King Triton
04-23-2007, 12:13 PM
Doesn't everyone?

AdventurerKim
04-23-2007, 12:20 PM
I visualize myself in WDW several times a day everyday...like now! Instead of being at work, I'm envisioning myself eating lunch at The Columbia Harbor House after a morning of riding rides in MK. :mickey:

Figgyluv03
04-23-2007, 12:27 PM
I had such a horrible week last week and the weather was so bad, that sometimes I just had to sit back, close my eyes, and let my mind think I was floating on the endless river at Blizzard beach.

TIdoubleGR
04-23-2007, 01:07 PM
Right now it's helping me count down and get through the end of the school year. Imagination!:fworks:...

AMEN! 38 school days, 59 sunrises and I'm THERE! :party:

Now I'm at Casey's with ibrowse17, only I'm getting the corndog nuggets and smothering them in hot cheese, getting ready to sit down and people watch outside (and fend off the gulls!)...

threeh
04-23-2007, 01:41 PM
In 2005 I had my gall bladder removed and was recovering at home, resting in my bed listening to live 365 and the monorail loop came one. It was a visceral thing, I truly felt like I was on the monorail. Maybe it was the vicodin?? Who knows?? We were headed to WDW in about 10 days so it was really cool. I still get all goose bumpy when I hear the monorail stuff.

Whenever I can I like to day dream that I am stting on my porch in a room at the Polynesain listening to the background music watching the castle, the boats and monorail go by. Take me back.....

Fun topic!!!:thumbsup:

ArielKate
04-23-2007, 02:18 PM
All
The
Time!

I find that it's a wonderful stress reliever since WDW is my favorite place in the whole world. If I'm having a bad day and I visualize myself there it makes life bearable again! :thumbsup:

Also, when I log onto disneyworld.com and go to the Epcot page, the song that's playing instantly transports me back to walking through the entrance at Epcot. It's strange. Only 24 more days and I'll be there! Yippee!! :mickey:

castlelady36
04-23-2007, 02:24 PM
Everyday it seems!!:)

EPCOTExplorer
04-23-2007, 02:33 PM
Every day!

I think I most often imagine myself in Epcot- in World Showcase enjoying the music in the dusk just before IllumiNations.

Hey!Me too!Epcot has the most calming effect on me.I love thinking about it and listening to it too even though most people scorn at Disney on my iPod.;)

bleukarma
04-23-2007, 02:59 PM
Multiple times a day. I think having a "Disney moment" is what keeps me sane!

Bruegge
04-23-2007, 03:30 PM
At the gym...

While riding one of those "eliptical jogger things" sort a like a cross between a treadmill and stair climber....

I close my eyes and pretend I'm jogging down main st or around the monorail loop ..MK GF POLY TTC..

Always gets me that 4th mile..

Scott

mymickeymouse
04-23-2007, 03:32 PM
I am an RN at a VERY busy ER, and when i GET a chance to take a break, i imagine myself sitting on the bench at the head of Sunset Blvd,:beer: in hand, people watching, and my stress MAGICALLY disappears. Come on May 25th!!!!!!:D :cloud9: :party:

indytraveler
04-23-2007, 03:35 PM
I'm not sure if I'm visualizing or remembering. Either way I'll call it day dreaming. Yes, I do especially when the anticipation of the next trip is getting closer. By the way it's end of June early July.

BrerEmma
04-23-2007, 03:56 PM
I do it all the time. I paly Disney sounds on my computer at work it helps me get through the day.:mickey: :mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
04-23-2007, 04:21 PM
AMEN! 38 school days, 59 sunrises and I'm THERE! :party:

Now I'm at Casey's with ibrowse17, only I'm getting the corndog nuggets and smothering them in hot cheese, getting ready to sit down and people watch outside (and fend off the gulls!)...
Nice touch (the gulls...) I know you have been there! :wave:
We're actually leaving the day we get out of school--37 days--that's motivation!

scooterca42
04-23-2007, 05:01 PM
Has anyone here ever walked up Bay street from Union Station in Toronto?

At the end of the road is the Old City Hall, which is an old structure with a big clock tower and very stylized architecture. I have spent many a walk imagining I'm walking up Main Street approaching the Castle. It's remarkable how easy it is. :cloud9:

Vanlandingham
04-23-2007, 05:09 PM
For most of the year I visualize myself at WDW at least once a week. Although right now its more like a few times a day since I'm heading there in 27 days :number1:

starrmomof2
04-23-2007, 06:12 PM
Me and the boys do it all the time. One of us will spontaneously say something like, "OK, Disney, where are you?" and we'll describe whatever pops into our head first. It's always fun to hear what the boys remember from their first trip last fall.

pook@wdw
04-23-2007, 07:44 PM
Every Minute!!!:d

Jeremy
04-23-2007, 08:12 PM
yes I do everyday!:D

Pipalotta
04-23-2007, 09:46 PM
Since I have been planning our trip this up coming January I have found that my dreams lately have been about Disney, or well they include things about Disney. Im just so excited that I cant help it!!!

Donald Duck 224
04-23-2007, 10:08 PM
I always do. I do it a lot right when I get back and right before i go.

cinderellagrl
04-24-2007, 12:19 AM
ACTUALLY I WAS THERE WATCHING WISHES A FEW HOURS AGO.... or wait, I was in rainy Michigan... preparing for my next final exam...watching Wishes on my ipod... dang!

jszczur5
04-24-2007, 12:27 AM
I'm almost 40 years old, and my family likes to make fun of me because I literally dream about Disney. I can actually feel the sensations of Tower of Terror and Soarin'. Can't wait until September...

LudwigVonDrake
04-24-2007, 06:44 AM
All the time....usually I picture myself somewhere within Space Mountain :coaster:

4ubie1
04-24-2007, 09:16 AM
I do whenever i am on these boards. I also imagine wandering WDW when I am bored or need to feel happier. WDW has that effect on me :thumbsup:

Mickey91
04-24-2007, 09:22 AM
ALL THE TIME!!:fworks:

Disneytrotters
04-24-2007, 10:37 AM
Bummer!!! :( I visualize myself there constantly. It's what gets me through! :blush: Our next trip is at the end of September, and I already have all of our ADR's and a grid made up with our Park Plan!!:cloud9:

BriarRose0708
04-24-2007, 12:01 PM
Like everyone else, I do it constantly. It really helps me get through the day sometimes. And now that my job search has taken a turn for the worse, re-tracing my steps from my last trip and planning for the next has kept me from just breaking down in tears for the past couple of days. :mickey:

Belle619
04-26-2007, 03:52 PM
All the time! I think about being in Disneyland and Disney World almost on a daily basis. It truly is a happy place where you don't have to worry about bills, work or illness.

Most people think I'm crazy, but it really does help to think about walking around the parks on a warm, sunny day. Oh, how I wish I were at the Poly with the sand between my toes! :mickey:

imaprincess!
04-26-2007, 04:00 PM
I'm surrounded at home by photos of us at WDW, so that always makes me dream of being there. When a friend goes to WDW or is planning a trip, I really start thinking of it. And when it's been more than 2 years, I start drooling and swear there are hidden Mickey's in it! (Eww, okay, I know that was disgusting ...) :ack:

TBY2225
04-26-2007, 04:26 PM
I thought everyone that posted on this site does that! Sometimes it is the only way to calm down my DD5 when she is having a meltdown. I will ask her if she could be anywhere in the "world" right now where would it be! Sometimes we make a game out of it and give clues so everyone else can guess!
Usually she wants to be at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, but you never really know what she is thinking!

mecarroll
04-26-2007, 09:02 PM
I imagine myself at WDW all the time. that's why I come onto these boards and live vicariously through everyone else's trip reports!

We still...hold on, checking the Intercot Countdown Timer...219 days until we go back. So, its fun listening to everyone else plan their trip, take their trip, and relive their trip. I'm planning it, but its still to far away to plan all the cool things like which park to visit when and which ride to ride while we are there and where to eat.

Boost
04-26-2007, 09:22 PM
When I do, I usually think about when I was there as a kid. I remember the tickets (vs. today's passes); I remember 20K Leagues; I remember Mr. Toad; I remember when Space Mountain was fairly new and THE HOTTEST thing at WDW; I remember "If You Had Wings" (by Eastern Airlines); I remember BTMR when it was brand new.....good times...

bellerose
04-26-2007, 10:43 PM
I do it too. It could be anything...
For instance, the other day, when I walked into work (at a hospital) I could smell the chlorine from the water fountain and the food from the cafeteria and it reminded me of the Pepper Market at the Pop. Right when you exit, there is a fountain there and I can always smell the chlorine. :mickey:

Disney_Barbie
04-27-2007, 09:50 AM
OMG, ALL THE TIME! My DH has learned that when I'm staring off into space like an idiot, that means I'm in the Disney in my mind. He always says to me "what ride are you on now?" And oddly enough I'd say I'm only on rides about half of the time that I imagine myself, the rest I'm enjoying other parts of DIsney Magic, that anntisipation of standing on Main Street, waiting for Wishes to start, Enjoying the pre-show on ToT, Walking around the Boardwalk with the sounds of Jellyrolls in the distance, Mmmmm, enjoying Dole Whip on a hotter-than-HOT August day in Disney... Ahhhhhhhh (but do'nt get me wrong, I have my fair share of ride immaginations too, some of my favorites are the Laughin' Place in Splash, the Ball Room Scene in HM, Wizard of Oz on the Great Movie Ride, Flying over London in Peter Pan, for once in my life beating my DH on Buzz lightyear... Ahhhhhh!):cloud9:

Dakota Rose
04-27-2007, 09:59 AM
I do too...on a regular basis. :) I guess you could say it's my "happy place."

I'll even go so far as to get out maps and plan my activities.

cinderella crazy
04-27-2007, 10:40 AM
:laughing:
Whenever I start to feel like I'm going to lose it (like when all the children are screaming at one time) I visualize myself at Disney World and everything seems better. It's my happy place.:blush:

IamBelle
04-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Ater I came back from my trip last August, I had to think of Disney everyday, because my Marching Band played Millinium(sp?) Celebration(Tapestry of Nations, the 1st song in Illuminations, etc.) Now, during concert season, the band went to WDW{i didn't though
:( } and they played Belle. And when we are not playing anything related to Disney, I think about it everyday. I think about it mostly at night.

mmouse566
04-28-2007, 09:48 AM
All the time, and especially when I am on the road. I'll pop in a park music CD and I am magically transported to what ever kingdom happens to be playing.

laward32
04-28-2007, 11:01 AM
All the time and its bad where my husband doesnt want to hear me talk about the world anymore..
My husband is the same way. He says I live breath, eat and sleep WDW and he doesn't want to hear about it.
I'm imagining myself there right now and I am listening to Live365 to several different disney music and ride stations. I am listening to POTC and wishing I was on it right now. I am glad to know I am not the only one obsessed with WDW. It's rubbing off on my two daughters too. My oldest keeps asking when we are going back.

pook@wdw
04-28-2007, 06:08 PM
EVERY WAKING MOMENT!! And, I don't care where I am, just so I'm there!!:D

DisneyorBust
04-29-2007, 06:29 PM
I sure do! And so does my DW!
It's a common topic of conversation for us, over the years it has become our ''Happy Place"!:mickey: