PDA

View Full Version : Ohana Lovers

tundramom
04-22-2007, 08:37 PM
OK all of you who love Ohana, here is my dilemma: I am allergic to fresh pineapple and don't like bananas or coconut. Is there any reason for me to even consider Ohana's? We'd like to see the show sometime, but I have a hard time justifying 2 TS credits if I'm not going to find much I can eat.:confused:

illini
04-22-2007, 08:40 PM
I think you have 'Ohana confused with the Polynesian Luau. There's no show at 'Ohana, though there are hula hoop contests and coconut races.

I don't believe 'Ohana serves pineapple for dessert any longer, but with a food allergy they are usually willing to bend over backwards to make you happy and will find a replacement.

Check out Info Central to look at the menus.

illini
04-22-2007, 08:41 PM
Forgot to mention...

Ohana is 1TS, the Luau is 2.

wendy*darling
04-22-2007, 09:18 PM
:ditto:

'Ohana is only 1TS. The Banana dessert is standard. They do have other desserts that would be an additional charge, but if you are allergic, speak with the chef. They can probably come up with something you can eat.

Plus, that's only dessert- the rest of the meal, the atmosphere, the view- is all worth having dinner here. You may not even be hungry for dessert at that point!

SgtTigger
04-22-2007, 09:50 PM
Ok the cook will take care of any thing you are allergic to.... I saw a chief come out 4 times one meal at Ohanas to make sure everything was ok for one guest........ All you have to do is let them know when you arrive......

:cop: :tigger:

Polynesian Dweller
04-22-2007, 11:22 PM
I have an allergy to coconut and Disney restaurants have always been willing to make allowances. Just let them know and they can subsitute.:mickey:

prttynpnk
04-23-2007, 07:26 AM
Dessert is not the major draw to dinner- I think you'd still enjoy it, just let the chef know what you need.

Spaceship Tigger
04-23-2007, 08:04 AM
Well, I'm not too big on banana or pineapple and I definitely don't like coconut, but I love Ohana. No problems with anything there except for the dessert. I don't know what the Luau has to offer, if that is what the OP is talking about...

mouseketeer mom
04-23-2007, 08:08 AM
Oh yea. Ohanas is worth it.

SurferStitch
04-23-2007, 09:49 AM
'Ohana is definitely worth it.

I don't care for any desserts with banana in them, and I still absolutely LOVED the dessert at 'Ohana. It was delicious. I was really surprised.

tundramom
04-23-2007, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the replies. I was confused, I thought Ohana and the Spirit of Aloha was one and the same:blush: Having looked at both menus I know I couldn't do Ohanas at all (peanut allergy too and chicken is the only meat I can eat) but the luau does look possible with some modifications. Thanks again:thumbsup: