PDA

View Full Version : Pins Allowed in Carry-on

Bringonthemouse!
04-22-2007, 08:29 PM
My DD has decided to place some of her WDW pins (you know, the trading kind) on the bag/purse she will be carrying throughout our vacation. This bag will be carried onto the plane with her. Are the pins going to be a security issue? Should we put them in our checked bags. I looked online (TSA, etc) and couldn't find anything about this type of item.
Thanx!
:mickey:

CleveRocks
04-22-2007, 08:33 PM
My DD has decided to place some of her WDW pins (you know, the trading kind) on the bag/purse she will be carrying throughout our vacation. This bag will be carried onto the plane with her. Are the pins going to be a security issue? Should we put them in our checked bags. I looked online (TSA, etc) and couldn't find anything about this type of item.
Thanx!
:mickey:
No problem with those pins in your carry-ons. You can even have them on a lanyard and wear the lanyard onto the plane with you.

They are no security risk. They will not be confiscated. You will have no problems. Promise!:mickey:

kakn7294
04-23-2007, 09:02 AM
I agree! In December, 5 of the 11 of us took our pins right on the lanyards in our fanny packs / backpacks with no problems whatsoever. Security never even questioned what they were on the X-ray so they must see them enough to know.

Crow
04-25-2007, 09:49 PM
i took them on a previous trip. in my backpack carryon. i might take some this trip, not sure yet

Dznygrl79
07-01-2007, 01:28 PM
Dh and I are really big into pin trading! We have actually started wearing our pins at the airport gate before we take off. Its a great conversation starter and fun way to find out how many people in the Phily area are on there way to the world. Its also fun to watch the little kids around you react to grown ups with mickey, stitch, and pirates pins. You are allowed to wear them as TSA classifys them as jewlery (Dh wasn't real fasinated to learn that fact) but you do need to take them off and send them through the xray along with any other metal you are wearing. Including but not limited to belt buckles (dh forgot that one last time) and underwire :blush: didn't think about that one before I left home as was sure not about to whip it off ( had to go and give the screener a private viewing) gonna remember that one this time. Also if you wear doctor scholls shoes don't to the airport pack them the gel is built in and cannot be removed so its only aloowed in checked luggage (co worker learned the hard way).