PDA

View Full Version : How is the food at Trails End?

momof2munkies
04-22-2007, 08:26 PM
Hello!

I was wondering how the food is at Trail's End. My neighbor said it was not very good. We were considering in for a out of pocket meal because it is affordable. But, it would not be worth it to me if the food is nasty.:sick:

Thanks!:mickey:

ibrowse17
04-22-2007, 08:39 PM
We really like Trail's End. In my opinion, it is one of the best kept secrets at Disney. Give it a try:thumbsup:

mickclub1955
04-22-2007, 08:43 PM
I agree with Ibrowse17. It was very good. However, My DW told all of us that it was inexpensive. Dinner is not inexpensive. When we returned to the room and consulted the guidebook it stated that breakfast was inexpensive. Even though it is a well kept secret the wait was very long. Almost 45 mins. but the food was delicious.

DisneyDudet
04-22-2007, 09:33 PM
We're thinking about going, and are planning on getting ADR's for dinner. The dinner is the cheapest buffet dinner on property, so its a good deal.

IS the wait long if you get an ADR?

SgtTigger
04-22-2007, 09:38 PM
We go at least once a trip.......

I love it...........

Very good food we go for breakfast or lunch but have never been for dinner.... I think you will enjoy it......

:cop: :tigger:

hubbyofadisneyholic
04-22-2007, 09:55 PM
I guess timing is everything...when we went we made ADRs for early on a Sunday evening, but when we got there it was nearly deserted.
The food selection was somewhat limited but everything we tried was quite tasty and the server was efficient, if not overly friendly.

We will definitely do it again.:thumbsup:

Crow
04-22-2007, 10:03 PM
i think its a good secret also, but i have told some people and they liked.
ive done lunch twice, $12 or so and thought it was good. i think its the best deal on property.
the other buffet thats a good deal is in Shades of Green.
nice boat ride from MK, or walk from WL
the only reason i wont b doing it in May is cause im on the dining plan and am doing more dinners that cost more.

Mary Poppins fan
04-23-2007, 06:41 AM
I was wondering how the food is at Trail's End. My neighbor said it was not very good. We were considering in for a out of pocket meal because it is affordable. But, it would not be worth it to me if the food is nasty.
Your neighbor must have been there the same time as us! We went for dinner after hearing so many wonderful things about the buffet and it was the worst meal we have ever had at WDW. The food was overcooked, we had to hunt someone down to carve the meat and replace an empty soup pot, and the server was nonexistent. And this was at 6 in the evening! :mad:

January-2007
04-24-2007, 10:40 AM
We love Trails End. DH loves the fried chicken, I really liked the ribs. We weren't going in thinking it was going to be the best meal we've ever eaten in our entire lives, so we weren't dissapointed. It was fun, love the atmosphere. They have different things everyday so it could be that your neighbors just didn't like what they had that day. We ate there twice for lunch in January and left both times completely satisfied, great meals. I liked the chef specials, and good cornbread, too. We plan on eating there a lot in May. We'll try dinner in September. Also, drinks are included with the meal, so that's a plus.

c&d
04-24-2007, 11:03 AM
We ate there last week and liked it. I liked the fried chicken and I think my son ate the entire platter of the corn bread. It also seemed quieter than other buffets, there didn't seem to be alot of rushing around.

We will definitely eat there again.

RAIDER
04-25-2007, 07:45 AM
We went there last year and it was the worst meal i have ever had ..I couldnt believe it was a Disney Restaurant ....

The buffet foods were hardly being topped up and the service was slow and had a attitude .... All 5 of us couldnt get out of there quick enough

:ack: :ack: :ack:

Sportster
04-25-2007, 07:57 AM
My wife and I went last October and I really liked it. My wife liked it too but wasn't overly impressed. I especially liked the fried chicken.

mickey98
04-26-2007, 03:00 PM
Trails End Is the best kept secret on property.. That's why for the people who camp at the Fort we KEEP it a secret !!!!!!!

:secret: