PDA

View Full Version : Kid's menu ordering for adult

birdie1410
04-22-2007, 07:10 PM
Is it ok to order my food from the kiddie menu? I would order my own soda or pop or whatever but I really can't afford most of the prices at the restaurants we prefer. Besides, I don't need those serving sizes, trying to lose weight.
Does anyone know if it's forbidden to order from kid menu for a grown up?
Thx,
Birdie1410
Less than 2 weeks! :mickey:

Lorraine444
04-22-2007, 07:17 PM
I always do this in CT @ Outback Steakhouse.
Just tell them the adult meals are too big.
I see no reason why they should deny you.

mmouse566
04-22-2007, 07:23 PM
I have received a few disapproving looks at the allstars/pop food courts when I have done this for breakfast along with an occasional reminder that the meals are for 9 and under. I've never tried this at any other restaurants on property. I probably should but my will power goes out the window when I am there:blush: .

crazypoohbear
04-22-2007, 09:23 PM
Go ahead and order the kids meal. As long as you are paying it's no body's business. Also, how will they know if it is for you or your child????

TikiGoddess
04-22-2007, 09:28 PM
I think it depends. I don't think you'll have trouble at a Counter Service restaurant. At a table service restaurant, they might not let you, most of the menus state "for guests 9 and under". Not sure, though. I'll be watching this thread to see what fellow Intercotees say.

TikiG

allie_to_you
04-25-2007, 04:08 PM
I don't see why it would be a problem. I like to order off the kids menu sometimes as well, not only because of the smaller portions, but being a picky eater, sometimes I find things I like better on the kids menu...okay, so I'm crazy. :secret:

berri_boo
04-25-2007, 04:49 PM
On our next trip we plan on going to a few places where all i can find anything to eat is on the kid's menu so unless they don't want your service they'll let you order whatever. I too am a very picky eater (I live on mostly past, pizza, chicken parm, cereal & cheese). It's a wonder I'm not 300 lbs:secret:...but luckily I have great metabolism (for now!).

My husband is a meat & potatoes kind of guy...totally opposite of me! so it's hard to find a place to eat...we can't go to a steakhouse unless they have some sort of pasta w/ tomato sauce

allie_to_you
04-25-2007, 05:42 PM
On our next trip we plan on going to a few places where all i can find anything to eat is on the kid's menu so unless they don't want your service they'll let you order whatever. I too am a very picky eater (I live on mostly past, pizza, chicken parm, cereal & cheese). It's a wonder I'm not 300 lbs:secret:...but luckily I have great metabolism (for now!).

My husband is a meat & potatoes kind of guy...totally opposite of me! so it's hard to find a place to eat...we can't go to a steakhouse unless they have some sort of pasta w/ tomato sauce

LOL...I sooooo know what you mean! I am the same way