PDA

View Full Version : Childcare at Disney

McGoofy
04-22-2007, 05:37 PM
In October, we are going down to WDW with a group of 13. Out of our whole group, my DH and I are the only ones with a child. We have a 9 year old son. We would like to take one night during our week and have a "grown up" night to go out--perhaps Pleasure Island. I have a few questions regarding child care for this night.

Has anybody here used any of the Disney childcare? I was looking at all of the information on Info Central. It looks fun, and I trust Disney, but you know us moms still want to be assured of something before dropping our children off with strangers!;) If you have used it, did your child/children enjoy it? Was it worth the money? Would a 9 year old boy like it? (He is a very well behaved child with a very outgoing personality that makes new friends easily.) Out of Mouseketeer Clubhouse, The Neverland Club, The Sandcastle Club, The Cub's Den, and Simba's Clubhouse are there any particular favorites? Location of the club is really not a factor for us because we will be staying in a rental house off property. Also, I noticed that all of the child care options close at midnight. Pleasure Island is open until 2 am. Are there any other options in order to be able to stay out later? If you have any experience having used any kind of child care while at Disney, please fill me in!! Thanks!:mickey:

BronxTigger
04-22-2007, 07:18 PM
My brother and I stayed at Sandcastle Club back in 92. I was in 5th grade, he was in kindergarten. While it wasn't the Magic Kingdom, we still had a pretty good time. We had fun playing toys with the other kids and watching Disney movies. We even had dinner there, if my memory serves me right. (Wow....15 years ago!)

I think Disney also has "Fairy Godmothers" available to come to your room to stay out later, but I don't know if they still exist or even if they do off-site.

drosenbe
04-23-2007, 08:46 AM
I have to imagine that it is still high quality, but we left our kids at one of the disney centers several times. One year, it was their favorite time, and they wanted to go back!
The Neverland Club (at Poly) is themed and is (was) designated as a "child's dinner theater." The center in the Boardwalk was more standard.

We never used the fairy godmothers, but, again, I am sure that they would work well.

wendy*darling
04-23-2007, 10:46 AM
My boys stayed at the Neverland (Poly) and the Sandcastle (BC) Clubs on several occasions while they were growing up. It was even the highlight of their trip sometimes! They were definitely sad when they were too old to hang out there anymore.

I know you do not need to be a guest in that resort to use the services, but I do believe that you have to be a Disney Resort guest (any resort) for most of the clubs. So I would encourage you to call and check each location.

The hours are only until midnight- I do not think any stay open later.

McGoofy
04-24-2007, 06:01 PM
Thanks for all of the responses so far. You all have been very helpful.

Who are these fairy godmothers that you speak of and how do I find out info about them?

Thanks.

Nekochan
04-24-2007, 08:22 PM
If you click on the 'info central' tab here on intercot you'll see info on childcare.

wendy*darling
04-24-2007, 11:24 PM
Fairy Godmothers are a private service that offers in-room childcare at the Disney Resorts. Helpful for kids who are too young to utilize the Clubs, but available to other kids too.
I do not believe they are available for off-site locations, but there may be other companies who might provide that service.

The Joker
04-26-2007, 03:58 AM
There are at least 2 organizations providing in-room child care: Fairy Godmothers and Kids Nite Out. In addition to the Info Central, you can find more info on Kids Nite Out on their website. You can find it with Google.

MouseManiac
04-28-2007, 01:33 PM
We've used "All about Kids" which is one of the Disney Recommended private sitter services. Our children are young (5,5,3) so we really needed someone to put them to bed, but this service also offers to take your kids to the pool, arcade, food court and even to the parks if you pay their admission!

Their rates are $12 hr. for one child ($2 add'l per hour for each addt'l child) plus a $10 transportation fee. There is a four hour minimum. Our sitter was terrific, the kids loved her and she actually got them down! We are using the service for two nights on our upcoming trip this September...One night for Pleasure Island, and one night for Food & Wine.:wine:

Wish I could help with the Disney programs, but with three kiddo's the hourly rate is a tad high!... Plus, after a long day in the parks mine need some sleep, not more activity!:mickey: