PDA

View Full Version : what is photo pass?

crltkcagle
04-22-2007, 05:35 PM
I am new to the disney thing and heard someone talking about photo pass. what is that? thanks :cloud9:

merlinmagic4
04-22-2007, 05:40 PM
Hi Kelly,

There are Disney photographers all over the parks and they will take your photo. They scan a small card (like a credit card) when they take the photo and you can look at and buy the photos online or at the parks by using the code on the card. You can get the card from the first photographer and then hand it to other photographers as you go through your day.

The water parks even have them now and they have wrap around your wrist and are waterproof :)

Hope this helps! I just ordered a bunch of photos today. They actually have 40% off the photos right now!

Pop Centurion
04-22-2007, 05:44 PM
It's a credit card sized pass with a barcode on it. Everytime you get a photo taken from a Disney photographer you hand them your pass and they scan it. Then when they take your pictures it gets stored in their photo database to be later viewed at your convenience at one of the park photo centers. Then when you get home you can go to the photopass website and register. You enter your card serial number and all your photo's will be available to view. You can have prints, CD's, DVD's, and photobooks made from them and sent to you if you didn't get any at WDW.

Edit** Looks like merlinmagic4 beat me to it..

Disneyfirsttimer
04-22-2007, 05:52 PM
I am not sure if they still offer this, but we were able to take our photo pass cards to the photo pass center at the end of our trip. The CM dress them up by adding framing, disney park logos, characters autographs, etc. Then we were able to buy all of the pics on a CD for $99. This was the price no matter how many pics you had. They even combined our pics because we ended up with 2 photopass cards. This allowed you to take the CD and do whatever you wanted whenever. The pictures didn't expire. I was able to upload them to Shutterfly and purchase whatever sizes we wanted. We ended up with almost 200 pics from our week long visit. We felt the $99 was well worth it!

Karyn

Donald
04-22-2007, 06:12 PM
It is a godsend!!! The all important red power ranger photo! When I developed my photos, the power ranger shots did not turn out. Luckily, I received a card from the photo pass photographer-lifesaver! It turned out to be a great picture.:thumbsup:

crltkcagle
04-22-2007, 08:46 PM
wow thanks for the great info! I am a picture fanatic so it sounds perfect!

DisneyDudet
04-22-2007, 09:17 PM
I am not sure if they still offer this, but we were able to take our photo pass cards to the photo pass center at the end of our trip. The CM dress them up by adding framing, disney park logos, characters autographs, etc. Then we were able to buy all of the pics on a CD for $99. This was the price no matter how many pics you had. They even combined our pics because we ended up with 2 photopass cards. This allowed you to take the CD and do whatever you wanted whenever. The pictures didn't expire. I was able to upload them to Shutterfly and purchase whatever sizes we wanted. We ended up with almost 200 pics from our week long visit. We felt the $99 was well worth it!

Karyn

I know you can dress them up from home, but if you get the cd, they aren't all dressed up. Is this still the case, or can you get them all decorated on the cd that you can take and have developed?