PDA

View Full Version : How were the crowds April 15-21?

TikiGoddess
04-22-2007, 02:40 PM
Anyone back from visiting the World? How were the crowds last week (15-21)?

We are trying to decide whether to go during our April spring break next year or our summer vacation. It will be the same week as this year.

TikiG

javamama
04-22-2007, 03:09 PM
I'm curious too, I leave in the morning:D
I called the front desk last night at the WL, and the woman told me every single room has been full in all 28 resorts for a long time now(that I find hard to believe). She also told me to expect at least 3 hours to get my bags from Magical Express, now I'm debating whether or not to use it:confused:

merlinmagic4
04-22-2007, 06:05 PM
We flew out 4/12 and came home yesterday. Here are my observations:

Sunday: did MGM in the afternoon. Seemed busy but not overly so. There was a tornado watch all day and it was very cool weather.

Monday: did MK all day. I have never seen it that busy but I don't have a lot to compare it to (see my signature). It was pretty much wall to wall people and Fantasyland was so busy, we left the area. We had a great day and took a slow pace and accomplished quite a bit actually.

Tuesday: Resort Pool Day

Wednesday: did AK all day and dinner at Boma. Same thing; lots of people around (packed walkways) but did the safari right away with little wait, Everest 20 minutes, Kali River Rapids no wait (early in the day). It was harder to get to things as the day progressed.

Thursday: Typhoon Lagoon. Didn't seem too busy and no long waits on most things. Downtown Disney was wall to wall people this evening so we got what we needed and left.

Friday: Epcot. Again lots of people around. Soarin' sold out of fastpasses as did Test Track. We got a Soarin' fastpass at 11 for 4 hours later. Waited an hour for TT.

I thought it was VERY busy compared to late August and I would actually prefer the heat to the crowds but my DH disagrees. All in all, we are going back this time next year (4/19-4/26 is our break next year); I just made the reservation for our resort!

Hope this helps! I would love to know some actual crowd statistics for last week. Like, does it get much busier? I just don't have an awful lot to compare it to!

mmouse566
04-22-2007, 06:25 PM
We were at Epcot and MK all day Saturday and both parks seemed lighter attendance for April. We did have threatening skies which may have contributed.

Physcayt
04-23-2007, 01:12 PM
We were in the world from 4/15 to 4/21 and were very surprised at ho wlight the crowds were. We spent a total of four days in the parks and between fastpass and just choosing carefully, we did not wait more than 30 minutes for a ride. We did not FP TT and waited only 30 minutes!!

I definitely felt like the crowds were light and also heard man CM remark on the same thing. We go during our April break every year and I found this year lighter than most, especially concsidering we were only a week away from Easter. NExt year, our April break will be a full month after Easter so we are anticipating much lighter crowds.

That being said, and this being a little OT, I found the general attitude of CMs across the parks and expecially in the restaurants to be very low. We were very dissapointed by several of our meals including Whispering Canyon and Cape May Cafe brunch. I'm hoping this was from coming off such a busy week before and everyone being rundown, and not a true loss of disney magic. *sigh*

merlinmagic4
04-23-2007, 01:53 PM
We were in the world from 4/15 to 4/21 and were very surprised at ho wlight the crowds were. We spent a total of four days in the parks and between fastpass and just choosing carefully, we did not wait more than 30 minutes for a ride. We did not FP TT and waited only 30 minutes!!

See, now this is interesting! I knew it was all perception. I found the crowds high compared to when we went in late August. We also did very well with rides between fastpass and just picking and choosing shorter waits so our days were great. I thought walking through the crowds was slightly difficult. I guess I need to rethink going at Christmas in 2009!!

c&d
04-23-2007, 03:12 PM
I thought it was fairly crowded last week. I think there were alot of people who extended their break into last week. Also, there was some sort of cheerleading competition going on last week and it made the parks more crowded towards the end of the week.

MGM was packed this past Saturday. I had never seen it that crowded. Epcot was crowded, I think mainly because of the flower show.

I think next year it will not be as crowded. Easter is in late March and MA spring break is the week of the April 21st.

pcoleman
04-23-2007, 06:32 PM
Was there 14-21 and I thought the crowds were light. Did MK am Sunday and Monday had almost fantasy land to ourselves. Left afternoon for hotel. Pm also seemed light. 15 minute wait for splash mountain. TL also did not fill. 5 minute waits no more. Only had one bad CM at a register. There was this long line and she just closed her register and said she was going on break. over all I think the bigger crowds were there the week before. End of April is also perfect weather warm but not humid.

Mickey'sApprentice
04-23-2007, 09:07 PM
We were in the parks from the 15th-20th and the crowds did seem a little heavier than usual. However, this was from the states of Alabama, Connecticut, and Massachussetts being there on spring break. We did evening EMH most of the trip which was different. We were in Fantasyland in thursday night and basically had it to to ourselves. The only ride that we did not do because of the crowds was Test Track. The stand-by waits were at least 40-50 minutes and the Fastpasss return times were in the late afternoon or evening.