PDA

View Full Version : Swan Room Views

Meteora
04-22-2007, 12:40 PM
On my family's upcoming trip we will be staying at the Swan for a few nights. We've never stayed there before, but we've heard that it's possible to see the Illuminations fireworks from some of the rooms. We will have two rooms, each with a balcony. We've been told that they'll be on upper floors.

Are there specific rooms or views we should request to be able to see the fireworks?

Thanks!

DisneyDudet
04-22-2007, 03:15 PM
At the Swan, there is a Resort view balcony view and an Epcot Balcony view. Resort view is you will be looking out at the ground of the hotel (nice things.. like gardens and the Dolphin) and Epcot.. well.. you get the point.

If you REALLY want the Epcot view, I suggest you book that view to ensure you have it.

There is always a chance for upgrades, but they are few and far between. We were upgraded when we stayed at the Dolphin, as we were Stawood Preferred Guests. I don'tk now how high up the upgrades go, or even if its a perk, but its worth a try.

Simbajr4ever
04-23-2007, 10:42 AM
We had a very bad experience in regard to view at the swan, in 04'. Really depends on time you are going, and how busy they are.

We had a swan suite reserved. Told when did ressie, they are on the end of the buildings so all have great views. They apparently forgot, about the room we got. 3rd floor, right over the Palo italian resturant with views of where the kitchen staff are constantly on break, smoking. This also was the view of the back side of boardwalk and river. Which on a high floor would probably be ok to good but definately not on the lower floors.

We where supposed to be there for 10 days, and I became upset, when having talked to the desk, etc.. . about changing rooms to anything available even in a day or 2?, We where told "no" but you can check on a daily basis with the desk and see if they can do it? I still do not understand why there is no way to decide this prior to a day to day thing? Like say, yes, we have an opening room in 2 or 3 days etc..? We also requested to talk to the front desk manager, or hotel manager was assured someone would get in touch with us and they did not. Except 2 months after we got home, and a letter to the starwood club (we are members), I got an apology and 2 free nites in an enevelope (which we did not use, and threw out).

Hopefully, things got better here. The suite was nice, but had a few house cleaning issues. Bathroom towel on floor and used soap in tub. I was pretty sure it had not been cleaned?

We have stayed at the dolphin before, and where also told they where totally booked. But had a great view from the club floor in the trianagle area of the building, but no balcony's from that section.

We wound up staying 2 nites, and switched to BC. (luckily got an ap rate at last minute, but the swan did let us out of our ressie without penalty).

Be sure to join the spg club, if you haven't. S/D have great discounts. Fingers crossed for a good room.

MOJoe
04-23-2007, 12:45 PM
We also were disappointed with the balcony view at the Swan, back in 03. I asked for a balcony room, with a view of the fireworks. We did get a balcony, but the trees were so tall that the view was non-existant. I believe we were on the 5th floor. I did enjoy the balcony, as each evening after spending all day at the park i relaxed :beer: and shared my day with other balcony sitters. I was disappointed with the non-view, but really, by the time i got to the room, Illuminations was always over anyway.