PDA

View Full Version : McDonald's

sacandjac
04-22-2007, 11:47 AM
Can anyone tell me where the McDonald's with the big icons on the outside is located? I know that it is very close to Disney, but I can't remember where. I think it might have mcdonald's characters or food-Ican't remember exactly. Any help appreciated.

JPL
04-22-2007, 11:50 AM
There is a large McDonalds on Disney Property not to far from the fire department. I think that is the one you are thinking of.

Goofeygal
04-22-2007, 12:24 PM
It is real close to All Star Sports. We have walked there from Sports before.:mickey:

MickeyDreamer
04-22-2007, 01:25 PM
Follow the signs directing you to the animal kingdom lodge you will pass the Mcdonalds on your left as you head to that resort. You have to take one on the exit ramps in that area to get there but not sure which one since I have not tried to get there myself.

busterthebronco
04-22-2007, 02:54 PM
the one you are thinking of is down near the AK like the prevoius poster said.
justr act like you are going to the park and its off on the left down in a hole kinda.
there is one at DTD too.
its nice but we like the big one by the AK.
great dinnng area showing old disney cartoons and a self serve coke fountain.

momof3+twins
04-22-2007, 03:20 PM
It is by the All Stars right pass the overpass

Piglet822
04-22-2007, 08:16 PM
Follow the signs for the All Star Resorts (they are considered to be in the Animal Kingdom Resort area).
You'll see the McDonald's on your left just before entering the All Stars. It's on Buena Vista Drive. You can see it from Osceola Parkway.
If you need directions from a specific area PM me and I'll help you out.

Pipalotta
04-22-2007, 09:32 PM
There is a McDonalds that is near Universal Studios that has the huge icons out side of it. It is the one they show lots of times on tv shows that talk about Orlando.

sacandjac
04-23-2007, 08:46 AM
Thanks everyone for your help! Just what I needed to know.:thumbsup:

ILoveLegos
04-23-2007, 02:31 PM
Is this the McDonalds that has the bill-board on Route 4 East about a mile outside of Celebration that advertises itself as the World's largest McDonalds? Just wondering because we have been to some unusual McDonalds in our travels. We've been to a McDonalds in the Financial District of Manhattan, NYC that was real up-scale and had a baby grand piano, and had free post cards available to send back to firends at home, fresh flowers on each table and the stock ticker scrolled by as you dined - I've been to Table Service resturants that were not nearly as "plush". We've also "checked out" regional varieties of McDonalds in other regions where you can get "southern fried chicken", pineapple pies and spam in your breakfasts. One of my favorite foods in life is rice and my most favorite glutenous "sticky" rice in Japan - yep McDonalds had rice! I like seeing how Mickey-D's adapts to different cultures and at times when you are far away from home and eating tons of "exotic food" you just need a familiar simple o' cheese burger and fries. I've never been to the World's largets McDonalds before though. Does it have that Mickey-D's "wow" factor to the degree I've described?

Piglet822
04-23-2007, 02:52 PM
Is this the McDonalds that has the bill-board on Route 4 East about a mile outside of Celebration that advertises itself as the World's largest McDonalds?

I'm not sure if that's the one or not. I'm pretty sure the billboard is for the McDonald's on International Drive just off I-4.

Jasper
04-23-2007, 03:11 PM
If you need another land mark to find the one by the All Stars and Animal Kingdom, is that it is also across the road from Blizzard Beach.

We have stopped in at this one a couple of times because we stay at the All Stars a lot. I have to say that despite the hype, in the end it was really just another McDonalds. Based on things we had read and all we thought there might be something neat to see and do there. But, other than a few little "history markers" on the sidewalk outside there really wasn't anything special about it.

bleukarma
04-23-2007, 04:42 PM
The “Worlds Largest McDonalds” is the one on International Drive just outside of Universal. It has a movie theater in it, but I don’t really see anything special about it.

There is also one just outside of the All Star Resorts gate.

There is also one at Downtown Disney.

Of the three I think the most unique is the one on I-Drive. But Disney transportation wouldn’t take you there. If you go there by car then you have to get on I4 east and drive up to International Drive. Unless someone else knows a back way to get there without getting on I4.