PDA

View Full Version : deck 1 room

DOPEY321
04-22-2007, 10:49 AM
I cruised on the woneder and stayed in the middle of deck 2/cat 10. It was fine for us and very quiet. My mother decided to go on the wonder in 2 weeks also staying in cat 10. Her t.a put her in a stateroom in the middle of deck 1. I looked on the dcl website and saw that ther are a few rooms still available on deck 2 but they are but they are about 1/4 of the way past the end I think the numbers were 7507 and 7509. My question is where would she be better off? Will it be too noisy from the engines in the middle of deck 1.

DisneyDudet
04-22-2007, 03:54 PM
I don't think so. I liked the noice, as it was a little white noise t hat lulled me to sleep on deck 2.

If she doesn't think she'll be that happy, then I would try to swap. I've been on deck two twice and I like it, I wouldn't do deck 1 tho, seem too dark to me. Plus, there's a lot of foot traffic, with it being staff quarters, gangway area, and the infirmiry... I would stick w/ anywhere on deck 2.

TammiMcMan
04-22-2007, 10:57 PM
Did you mean deck 7? That first number in the stateroom indicates the deck, so 7507 and 7509 are actually on deck 7. I would definitely pick something up on that level and the location is a good one. You're below the hallway of deck 8, so you shouldn't have much noise at all. If you want to check on the availability of 5020 5022 5024 5520 5522 or 5524, these all have a partially obstructed secret porthole. You'd get somewhat of a view, without paying extra for it. It's probably not too much of a secret, but you might get lucky and find one of them available.

I would avoid deck 1, simply because the corridors don't run the full length and you have to be sure to take the correct elevator down (not all of them go to the public areas on that deck).

Ugh, some TA's.....

DOPEY321
04-23-2007, 04:50 PM
the room must have started with a 2 because the 2 open rooms were on deck 2 and my mother is definately on deck 1. I checked to see what rooms are available after my original post, but deck 1 was all that's left for cat 10. Thats what you get for booking 2 weeks before departure. Maybe she'll upgrade. I'm planning my 2008 cruise on the magic, and I'm going for a cat 10. I heard that you feel less movement on the lower decks. I'm not one for sea sickness,(just lucky i guess) but you never know. Maybe I'll choose a room on deck 7.

DOPEY321
04-23-2007, 04:53 PM
Are the staterooms mentioned above with a partial window the same on both the magic and the wonder?

TammiMcMan
04-23-2007, 05:05 PM
Yes, the design is the same on both ships, so the stateroom numbers would correspond.

Couple of suggestions for your mom:

#1. Remind her that not all elevators go to the open spaces on deck 1. They'll need to use either the mid-ship or forward elevator banks. For example, if they leave Parrots Cay or Animators Palete, they don't want to use the elevators right there. They need to walk towards the Atrium.

#2. If they're interested in upgrading and don't mind taking a chance, plan on arrive early at the port. If staterooms are available, the upgrade cost is much less expensive. You can check online and get an idea of how full the ship is. If there are many staterooms listed for higher categories, I'd wait and just get to the port by 10:30am at the latest.

DOPEY321
04-29-2007, 01:52 PM
thank you. I looked again and founf a room on deck 2 so my mom went straight to her t/a. It's 2 doors down from the room I had last time. I don't know how early she can get there because she's going to stay @ DW the night b4 so sh can meet up with my brother and sisters.
She's using disneys ground.