PDA

View Full Version : Disney Crocs vs. regular Crocs??

Dsnygirl
04-22-2007, 01:38 AM
:mickey: Okay, I need feedback from people who have worn both kinds of Crocs -- the Disney ones, and the regular ones. I've never bought any, mostly b/c they are too wide for my feet and are extremely loose b/c of that. But I've heard the Disney ones are narrower, and just wondered if anyone has found that to be true. I'm not sure I like the adult colors offered on the Disney ones, either - the kid's colors are nicer. But -- hard to resist that Mickey silhouette!! So -- who likes which kind better??

Also -- for those of you who put Jibbits or the like in your Crocs -- does the underpiece bother the top of your foot at all?? Just wondering...

Thanks so much everyone!! :thanks:

DisneyDudet
04-22-2007, 02:38 AM
I wear all sorts of Crocs, as I'm a nurse and wear the ones w/o holes to work.

I honestly do not see a difference in the sizes. I have a SUPER narrow foot, and I can't find tennis shoes hardly to wear walking because of it. I have found it no problem to wear these shoes, in fact, they are the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. Which is why I own about 6 pairs of them!

I do not own the decorations, but have heard that they do not work on the Disney ones. I have the pink Mickey Crocs... hehe

kakn7294
04-22-2007, 04:46 AM
I have both the Disney and regular Crocs. My Disney ones are a W 8 - 9 and the regular ones are a W 8. They seem to run big and are meant to fit loose - your foot is not really supposed to touch the inside of the shoe. The Disney Crocs are the Beach style - supposed to be a little wider. My regular ones are Cayman style - supposed to be a little narrower. I really can't tell the difference. In fact, I think the Disney ones fit a little better (maybe because they're cuter???). I have only 1 Jibbitz so far because my order hasn't arrived yet :mad:. They tend to spin around in the holes of the regular Crocs but I fixed this by wrapping a narrow strip of tape multiple times around the stem of the Jibbitz and it no longer moves. I currently have on my Mickey ones and I put the Jibbitz in there tonight. It is still somewhat loose even with the tape and I think I could still easily lose it. I have to devise some other way to keep it in - a friend suggested Superglue but you wouldn't be able to remove it later. You cannot feel the Jibbitz as the back is flat against the top of the shoe. I know many others think these shoes are ugly but once I tried them, I was a quick convert - I love them! BTW, I heard (but have not tried) that you can "shrink" them by putting them in a dryer on low heat for a minute or so. You would have to be careful as I suspect too much heat would melt them!

Melanie
04-22-2007, 05:03 AM
I've gone on and on about how unimpressed I am with my regular Crocs, and my unknowing hubby, in a sweet gesture, went out and bought me some Disney ones. They are the black and red ones. They were too big, so I ended up getting a child's size that fits my feet much better. I actually like them better since they fit more snugly. I don't think they are any narrower than the regular Crocs though.

I don't have problems with my Jibbitz moving around in my regular ones. They don't bother me at all.

Dsnygirl
04-22-2007, 05:15 AM
They were too big, so I ended up getting a child's size that fits my feet much better. I actually like them better since they fit more snugly. I don't think they are any narrower than the regular Crocs though.

Thanks for the info! What size shoe do you wear normally? I'd love to be able to fit into a child's size, but I normally wear a 8 1/2 to 9 in regular shoes, and I'm doubting that converts to a child's size. I just love their colors better...

Thanks everyone else for all the input, too... I may just have to try a pair of each -- that way, I won't wear out my Disney ones too much!! :D

Melanie
04-22-2007, 05:40 AM
Thanks for the info! What size shoe do you wear normally? I'd love to be able to fit into a child's size, but I normally wear a 8 1/2 to 9 in regular shoes, and I'm doubting that converts to a child's size. I just love their colors better...

I wear a size 7. I'm looking at my Disney ones now, and maybe it's not a child's size. It says M 3, W 5. They fit my foot just right though. :shrug:

LizLovesDiz
04-24-2007, 01:31 PM
Can i buy the disney crocs at WDW anywhere?

kakn7294
04-24-2007, 03:46 PM
From previous threads, they are everywhere at WDW. I haven't seen for myself as they didn't start selling them there until about a week after my Dec trip ended.

LizLovesDiz
04-24-2007, 05:12 PM
I tried to order them from the crocs website.I waited for 3 weeks and finally called and they said oh noone called you,their out of stock.I will never order from them again!

Catzle
04-24-2007, 10:02 PM
shoebuy.com has the disney crocs and they are always having sales. I just picked up two pairs for $22.95 and that was with tax, they don't charge shipping, if you don't want to wait to get to Disney.

Tinkerkel
04-30-2007, 08:57 AM
My DD9 has the Disney crocs (she wears them practically everyday), we got them at our local Hallmark store.

SallyfromDE
04-30-2007, 09:58 AM
If you use the link to Naughtycodes.com or Currentcodes.com, you can get an extra 15% off your order to Dicks Sporting Goods. I believe that today is the last day tho'. Sign up for the Google Check Out (sort of like Paypal) and get an extra $10 off. I got my Disney Crocs for under $20.