PDA

View Full Version : Absence of Daily Housekeeping??

GreenBeetle
04-21-2007, 09:35 PM
Another thread got me questioning this again.

What is the thinking behind the every 4th day housekeeping rule for DVC members? I know you can pay extra if you want daily service, and if you are paying with cash instead of points you get daily service . . . but this is something I never understood about the DVC.

Just seems weird to me. But not weird enough to keep me from becoming a DVC Member! ;)

richardsa98
04-22-2007, 06:37 AM
I think it is pretty standard for timeshares that daily housekeeping isn't included. I think generally it is supposed to be more like a vacation "home" and you take care of your own home:mickey:

vizsla
04-22-2007, 07:39 AM
One of the reasons that you would get housekeeping daily for a room that you paid cash for because that money does not go to the DVC, It would go to the WDW Travel Co. There are a block of rooms at every DVC resort that do belong to the WDW Travel Co. for rental.

Maleficent's Dad
04-22-2007, 08:38 PM
When you purchased DVC, you actually bought an ownership in a Disney resort. As the owner, housekeeping is not an included perk - check with other time shares and you'll find the same. You actually own a part of Disney's property... they're not going to clean it for you! ;) (Admittedly, ownership is a "time limited" thing with Disney and we give up our ownership in 2042 or 2054.)

richardsa98
04-23-2007, 09:02 AM
Now, I have a question! Since we are not entitled to daily housekeeping, part of concierge service is nightly turndown. Since AKL is going to have Concierge, do we then get housekeeping if we choose to pay the extra points? Or do we only get the benefit of the concierge suite and goodies?:confused:

lockedoutlogic
04-23-2007, 02:05 PM
It is a way of keeping costs down.....quite simply.

At a resort like Caribbean Beach with no DVC...they employee around 900 housekeepers to care for 2100 rooms....

At DVC locations...they probably have a 1:4 or 5 ratio of housekeepers to rooms...unlike the 1:2 ratio at the other locations.

Be glad that you don't recieve daily housekeeping...you would pay for it in your dues for the next 42 years