PDA

View Full Version : Boat to MGM/Epcot?

dinahvixen
04-21-2007, 04:48 PM
I was reading the four parks in one day post and I so did not know you could take a boat from Epcot to MGM. How does this work and how long does it take? Where do you catch it at both places? Fascinating. I am trying to fit MGM into a partial day with either Epcot or AK and I did not even know this existed.

faline
04-21-2007, 04:53 PM
At Epcot, you need to exit at the International Gateway. This park exit/entrance is located between the United Kingdom and France pavilions. If you're heading toward France, go to the right before you go over the bridge and you'll find the exit. You can get the boat to MGM just beyond the exit, on your left.

The boat can be rather slow with stops at Boardwalk, Yacht & Beach Club, and Swan & Dolphin before docking at MGM.

Once you dock at MGM, go to your left to find the park entrance.

If you start at MGM, go to your left after you exit the park to find the boat dock.

There is also a walkway between the two locations which is often a faster option than the boat.

dinahvixen
04-21-2007, 05:52 PM
You can walk between MGM and Epcot?

LudwigVonDrake
04-21-2007, 05:59 PM
Yes you can. It'll take somewhere between 20-30 minutes to walk it. You walk on a sidewalk next to the waterway that the boat sails on :sail:

Rick Blaine
04-21-2007, 06:43 PM
I think the boat, although it may take a bit longer than the walk, is very entertaining and relaxing (as long as it is not too crowded).

DisneyDudet
04-21-2007, 07:00 PM
It is often extremely stuffy in the summer time. We have found the walk between the parks to be the best. If there is a long line for the boat or if you just missed the boat, you will probably be waiting another 10-15 min for another, and by the time they stop at the resorts, you could be eating some Chocolate Mousse from France if you walked.

Maleficent's Dad
04-21-2007, 08:52 PM
You can walk between MGM and Epcot?
Shortcut alert:
Coming from MGM, cut through the back of the BW's themed pool (you can tell by the 'roller coaster' themed slide) and out to the BW. You'll save about 5-10 minutes.

From EPCOT to MGM, go towards the main courtyard of the BW and into the themed pool area. Walk to the back of the pool area and onto the walkway to MGM.

:mickey:

Jared
04-21-2007, 08:58 PM
Walking is probably a better option than taking the boat. Because the boat stops at several resorts along the way, walking sometimes is faster.

Anyway, the pathway is peaceful and the journey is healthy.

JRocker
04-21-2007, 09:06 PM
We did this boat ride back in February, and it was fun. Our boat captain would get out and feed the birds at every stop. He even had names for a couple of them. Very enjoyable trip, and a good time to just sit back an relax.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-21-2007, 11:33 PM
It takes almost the same amount of time to take the boat as it does to walk it-about 20-30 minutes.