PDA

View Full Version : Ride-A-Thon News

chrisb26
04-21-2007, 04:35 PM
I just found this on the VMK webiste.

Dark Ride-A-Thon

Celebrate the arrival of Peter Pan's Flight and Alice in Wonderland to VMK. Friday April 27th through Sunday April 29th experience the first VMK Dark Ride-A-Thon!

Just hop on Peter Pan's Flight or Alice in Wonderland (located in the Fantasyland Courtyard) and ride to win! During the Ride-A-Thon dates every single time you ride either dark ride not only will you have a chance to win the Sword in The Stone Single Use Magic Pin, but you'll win a special prize for every single ride! The prize you win will be different each day - so be sure to ride all weekend! The VMK Dark Ride-A-Thon is coming soon!

Guess we will have to save our credits for next weekend to get what ever it is from the rides. Wonder what the prizes will be I am happy to hear we can get as many as we want of these prizes however don't really like to have to pay for them but I guess it will probably be worth the 10 credits.

Patricia
04-21-2007, 06:10 PM
The prizes will be the new ride track pieces. Each day will be a different piece.

GiltterDisneyGirl
04-21-2007, 11:34 PM
NO!!!!!! no more I say no more! I havn't even saved-up my credits from the last one. Evil VMK :thedolls:

But i'm sure it will be fun! :YAY: :D

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-22-2007, 12:03 AM
The prizes will be the new ride track pieces. Each day will be a different piece.

How did you know that Patti? All-knowing Patti :D

chrisb26
04-22-2007, 12:06 AM
How did you know that Patti? All-knowing Patti :D

well that is what the prizes have been in the past. However I was thinking more along the lines of the hedge pieces that Yavn was talking about. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

Now i have to work this week to get more credits just bought my quest machine today and now I only have 79 credits :eyes: went from 30,079 to 79 so fast. lol

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-22-2007, 12:16 AM
well that is what the prizes have been in the past.

Well that is a more likely idea :blush:

Patricia
04-22-2007, 10:57 AM
Actually, the information was available on the home page, but it's gone now.

WDWfanatic742
04-22-2007, 12:05 PM
Yup, Yavn mentioned that the ride pieces will be given out the first time he mentioned the event in his newsletter.

GiltterDisneyGirl
04-22-2007, 03:06 PM
I think DotRocks & I better get our haunted mansion games on. :hmghost: I'm still under 9000 credits. :(

Are this the Peter pan pieces or Alice in wonderland pieces? or a mix of both?

WDWfanatic742
04-22-2007, 03:18 PM
From what I remember, he only mentioned Alice in Wonderland pieces.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-22-2007, 03:29 PM
I'm still under 9000 credits. :(

Well I'm only about at 4,000 right now. How many do you have to have? :jaw:

varcity
04-22-2007, 06:16 PM
realisticly speaking, I rode 79 times yesterday (look up from my homework and hop back on, no I didn't just sit there and stare :mickey: ) so that is only 790 credits. You won't need too many this weekend.

You'll need more credits to buy a new machine when you throw yours at a wall because you are 1-9 in working magic pins since it opened!!! ARGGGGG :mickey:

Patricia
04-23-2007, 11:22 AM
All I remember is the Alice starting track, one turn track.. and the rest of it is gone.

:confused:

LittleDragonErin
04-23-2007, 01:10 PM
Help pleasity!

Okay, I thought I'd be free this weekend to do the ride-a-thon but I'm not. I might be for like a couple hours total (maybe an hour Saturday and an hour Sunday). And not just for me but for Monkey too. So if anybody could be so kind as to get us some ride pieces, we'd be most appreciative (and of course I'm sure I can dig up something for your troubles).

Thanks in advance!
-LDE

bigpapiortiz34
04-23-2007, 04:22 PM
Help pleasity!

Okay, I thought I'd be free this weekend to do the ride-a-thon but I'm not. I might be for like a couple hours total (maybe an hour Saturday and an hour Sunday). And not just for me but for Monkey too. So if anybody could be so kind as to get us some ride pieces, we'd be most appreciative (and of course I'm sure I can dig up something for your troubles).

Thanks in advance!
-LDE

I can take care of you and monkey for the ride pieces :) I would be most delighted.

Also, I think its cool that they are doing the ride-a-thon in the dark rides. Because of this we wont have to:

* Wait in any type of a line (or will we?)
* Specific times for when the staff rooms open, pinning us down
* We can still acquire sword in the stone magic from riding (maybe? I hope so!!)
* People who are AFK or in a trade wont be blocking the entrance so nobody can get on (I doubt that actually happened though)

Anywho, I cant wait! I better start saving up my credits now

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-23-2007, 08:10 PM
Help pleasity!

Thanks in advance!
-LDE

Okay Dragon :) I will try to get some pieces. If it's on the weekend and if I'm not out of town I probably will have enough time to get on the Ride-A-Thon :mickey:

Patricia
04-27-2007, 11:03 AM
hmm.. looks like they changed their minds on the ride pieces and that explains it coming off the home page. Why don't they just tell us they changed their minds, for whatever the reason may be?

Sadly, many people are looking for the ride pieces.

Chescat
04-27-2007, 11:12 AM
Yeah its the ALR Painted Carpet 2 x 2. Why wasn't this the piece for tomorrow when so many of us are gone. :mad:

varcity
04-27-2007, 11:57 AM
What the heck is ALR? I have been trying to figure this out all morning. I already have 12 in less than an hours worth of work. No pins though.

I kinda figured out that when no one is on, you get more pins, but when more people are on you get less. It must be every x(th) person to ride gets a magic so you have a better chance with less people on.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-27-2007, 06:08 PM
ALR Carpet? Rides? Huh? Ha? Heh? I'm totally lost here. There're still doing the Ride-A-Thon right? :confused:

chrisb26
04-27-2007, 06:20 PM
The ALR carpet looks kinda like a grass rug. The ride a thon will be all day today tomorrow and sunday

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-27-2007, 06:23 PM
Ah I see. Thanks a bunch Dino!

So, you get the prizes from riding the Alice and Peter rides? Are they random or you get one on every ride?

WDWfanatic742
04-27-2007, 06:37 PM
As I remember, you get a rug after every ride. By the way, some of the talk says that ALR stands for Alice in Wonderland Ride.

Jeremy
04-27-2007, 06:39 PM
I road the pan ride and alice.
I rode 53 or more times and all i got was paint carpet
each time.

varcity
04-27-2007, 06:43 PM
Alice in wonderland Ride? That makes little or no sense. Hmmm, this is going to bother me. Especially since I can;t even seem to find them on either ride.

BTW, it's funny watching rumors be born. I saw this:

"my said he got the train pin"

lol, I'm thinking about ending every room with: "OMG! I got An Inferno!!!" :mickey:

WDWfanatic742
04-27-2007, 07:13 PM
No idea, but that is the only thing that makes any sense at all, even though it doesn't much.

Blue Genie
04-28-2007, 02:49 AM
I can see the rugs in Alice ride. It's the first part on her ride. Look on the ground very careful u can see green all over it like with the rugs. I got alot today I hope tomorrow we get the walls or some of the track.

cheshirecollector
04-28-2007, 10:29 AM
Prize today is the "shrub wall short". I guess they're giving out items we would buy multiples of anyway. People usually only buy a few of the start tracks, so maybe they changed their mind and went with the decorative items instead.

Patricia
04-28-2007, 12:36 PM
I have seen the rug all through the Alice ride. It's easy to spot in the Tugley Woods.

I don't mind that they changed the prize so much as they never bother to say so. Why leave it up for days then, when they change their mind, they just remove any reference to it? :confused:

candaceB
04-28-2007, 01:11 PM
Is anyone else crashing every time they get off the ride? I've ovly gotten 6 shrub walls in the past hour :(

Jeremy
04-28-2007, 01:13 PM
Is anyone else crashing every time they get off the ride? I've ovly gotten 6 shrub walls in the past hour :(

Yes,
I am crashing on the ride and off the ride.

candaceB
04-28-2007, 01:18 PM
Oh bugger

Hopefully I'll make it in the host room before I crash again.

cheshirecollector
04-28-2007, 01:31 PM
I crashed at least twice this morning.

JPL
04-28-2007, 02:26 PM
Actually got a bonus this afternoon I got my Casy Jr pin :D

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-28-2007, 02:43 PM
:congrats: Jk! ^_^

I'm going to try for the walls today :) Hope I don't crash!

varcity
04-28-2007, 02:48 PM
Crashed upon exiting the first ride through on my laptop, but not on my cpu. On my second ride each now.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-28-2007, 03:02 PM
Argh! I guess my hopes didn't work :D I was riding and then bam! Dc. What a waste of 10 credits :P It better not crash on my next ride..

Jeremy
04-28-2007, 03:04 PM

YAY!!:thumbsup:

Congrats!:party:

Mr. Tom Morrow
04-29-2007, 09:08 AM

I also got the Casy Jr. pin. :thumbsup:
Even though most times I exited the ride right after the message about the Hedge Wall came up without finishing the entire ride.:D I worked late on friday so I was only able to get 18 ALR carpets, but at least I made up for it by getting 82 short walls.:blush:

Todays prize is the ALR Shrub wall long.:thumbsup:

Patricia
04-29-2007, 12:34 PM
Ooooooooo....

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-29-2007, 05:34 PM
:congrats: Patti! :D

Argh.. I got a few Alice walls short yesterday, but I dc when I almost came to the final room and then I had to go for a party that lasted until the night. Aha..

I hope I don't crash today. Yesterday was murder :P

mjaclyn
04-30-2007, 11:09 AM
If anyone has any extra rugs and would be willing to trade please PM me - I kept getting DC and was hardly able to get any! I have Matterhorn Host Pin and Giraffe Host Pin to trade for them if you're interested!