PDA

View Full Version : Moms and Moms-to-Be Club

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

mjaclyn
05-24-2006, 02:51 PM
Hi again! A fellow mommy-to-be suggested that we should have a delivery date thread! I think it's a great idea!

I'm currently at 17 weeks and due on October 31st!

How about you?

Terra
05-24-2006, 03:29 PM
Good thread ;)

I am currently 14 weeks and due 11/24!

Flower
05-24-2006, 04:01 PM
Hi again! A fellow mommy-to-be suggested that we should have a delivery date thread! I think it's a great idea!

That was me! :baby: I think we should also do one of those will it be a boy or girl and how much will they weigh poll! :silly:

Our Disney souven-ear is currently 15 1/2 weeks along!
I am due in mid-November, it seems everytime I go to the OB I get a different delivery date, are they ever right anyway?

We are not planning on finding out what we are having, DH says girl but I'm thinking a boy at this point.

How is everyone feeling? I am still tired and waiting for that to go away. Otherwise, I feel wonderful and have not had too many cravings - although right now a loaded baked potatoe would just be awesome! :eat:

Terra
05-24-2006, 04:21 PM
Yeah!! 3 Mommies to be so far!! :clappy:

I finally started feeling better at week 12...I had terrible morning sickness up until then :ack: ...I lost 6 pounds and had to go on a prescription just so I wouldn't be sick 24/7..

Finally I'm better...I still get a little tired...but I have much more energy and I actually like getting out and doing things again!!

My appetite is finally coming back and I have to eat like every two hours...I eat and it's like I haven't eaten anything a little later on!! How bad is that...lol... :secret:

I think it's awesome too that each of us are around the same stage in our pregnancy!!

And YES...they do change delivery dates alot!..lol...

Ian
05-24-2006, 07:06 PM
Well I'm not a Mommy, but I play one on T.V. ...

No wait, that's not right ...

Oh yeah, I'm married to one! That's what it is!

Yeah and she's about 15 weeks. She's due 11/19/2006

Flower
05-24-2006, 07:17 PM
Yeah - an honourary mommy! Let's get you some honourary bug glasses - will that work? :D

Feel free to come here anytime Ian! Please keep us updated & congratulations! :baby:

mickey&missy
05-24-2006, 07:18 PM
He he!! I logged on to share my news and saw your post! How funny!!

I guess I'm #5. I'm approx 3 weeks, due approx 1/26/06 with my 3rd WDW fan!!

mjaclyn
05-25-2006, 08:58 AM
Congrats everyone!!! :) It's really nice to have other moms (and dads) to be to share your thoughts with. DH and I will (hopefully) find out what our little one is going to be on June 5th!!! I can't wait!! I personally would LOVE a girl but DH thinks it's a boy. We'll see!

- I've also been eating a LOT lately. I have to eat every two hours and it feels like I'm always hungry. I bring my lunch to work a lot and it looks like I'm packing a picnic for 5 now. This baby must be eating a TON because I've only gained three pounds and I'm almost 4 1/2 months along!! I'm still really tired but the nausea has completely vanished. I'll keep everyone posted when we find out what the baby is!

Terra
05-25-2006, 09:24 AM
Yeah!! It's a mommies club...we need to do like the diet club and have a Monday check in!!!

Keep us posted on the June 5th u/s!!

I have mine on June 19th!! I hope the baby isn't shy!! We would like a boy, but of course we'll be happily blessed with whatever it is!! :)

Terra
05-25-2006, 09:25 AM
He he!! I logged on to share my news and saw your post! How funny!!

I guess I'm #5. I'm approx 3 weeks, due approx 1/26/06 with my 3rd WDW fan!!

Yeah!! :clappy: Congratulations on your wonderful news!!!

disneynarula
05-26-2006, 06:10 AM
I am due on Oct 15th with DS #2!!
Can't wait to take him and his brother to WDW in January!!!

Flower
05-26-2006, 07:26 AM
Weird Food Cravings

I have not been too bad in the craving department, but last week I suddenly had an urge for Fruit Loops. The only time I ever have fruit loops is if we are staying in a hotel and they have a continental breakfast with FL, I may have a few, but I do not think I have FL in probably 5 years!

Well, last night at the grocery store I had to cave and buy a box - I have been thinking about them since last week and this was the only way I could see getting over it.

Anyone else?

Terra
05-26-2006, 09:03 AM
I've only had one real craving [that i've yet to fulfill...lol :)]...I woke up one night dying for a snocone!!!

Other than that, I'm just wanting to eat whatever I can get my hands on...!

mjaclyn
05-26-2006, 09:10 AM
I'm not sure my cravings actually count since I've had them even BEFORE I was pregnant. :)

The only thing I can think of that I really want on a regular basis (that I never ate before this pregnancy) is pickles. (cliche', I know lol) The large green pickles that look like cucumbers - not the real sour dill. They have a great flavor and are very filling. :) I eat at least one almost every day!!

At the very beginning of my pregnancy DH was kind enough to go out at 10:30 at night because I REALLY wanted some hot wings. :) He's a good sport.

TigChatt
05-26-2006, 06:13 PM
I would join seeing as how I'm going to be a mommy to but my due date is June 5th, and can have it any day now. I also feel like I've eaten every 2 hrs since I got preggo. And my cravings were breakfast foods. GL to all of you. I'll probably drop in telling all the info when he gets here(hopefully this weekend)

Flower
05-26-2006, 08:46 PM
Good luck Tigchatt! Feel free to join us and keep us all informed on the ups and downs of being a new mommy - that is if you ever get a chance to sit down at the computer!
:baby:
Here's hoping your little one appears soon!

mickey&missy
05-26-2006, 10:15 PM
Cravings, hmm!

With DD it was ketchup. I would make DH take me out to breakfast justso I could eat breakfast potatoes with ketchup.

With DS it was pink lemonade, don't know why, but I drank gallons!!

I haven't had any yet this time, I've been a little :sick: . But, I re-learned a lesson the other day, never grocery shop pregnant and hungry!! I came home with all sorts of good stuff! None of which I've eaten yet, it just looked good at the time!

By the way, I should have said that I'm 5 weeks along :blush: not 3. I got myself all thrown off with dates!

TigChatt
05-26-2006, 11:23 PM
Good luck Tigchatt! Feel free to join us and keep us all informed on the ups and downs of being a new mommy - that is if you ever get a chance to sit down at the computer!
:baby:
Here's hoping your little one appears soon!

TY, and I will try to update as much as I can lol

mjaclyn
05-30-2006, 09:27 AM
Keep us posted TigChatt!! Have you chosen a name yet?

Terra
05-30-2006, 09:31 AM
Congrats TigChatt!! It won't be long before you're holding your little baby!! How exciting!!

Let us know how it goes!

Grumpy's Daughter
05-30-2006, 04:26 PM
I guess that I'll be the first "new Mommy" in this thread- DS#3 was born last October 27th. Almost a Halloween baby! But as I look at him now, it's almost like he's not a baby anymore- I miss the totally dependent stage. Soon, he'll be crawling and walking, then school, then college, then marriage, then grandkids- oh gosh, maybe I should have #4!

minnie-mouse
05-31-2006, 09:59 AM
Another new mommy here!! Our 2nd DD was born in Feb 06, only 3 month old now. She is my little angel!

Wishing all you Mommies-to-Be, a happy and healthy pregnancy!! :)

TigChatt
05-31-2006, 10:39 AM
Well, its Wed and I passed throgh the weekend with nothing. It's frustrating, but I'm not a patient person lol. I had a drs appt yesterday and I was still 1 cm. He goes on vacation on Fri but will be around until Tues. I see another dr on my due date which is Monday, so we'll see if he does something more for me than my current dr. I dont like that my son could be born on Tues 6-6-06 but I'd rather have him here at this point. And to the post that asked about names, we have had his name picked out even b4 we knew it was a boy. His name is going to be Jackson Wyatt.

Mickey'sGirl
05-31-2006, 10:47 AM
I am still tired and waiting for that to go away.

DS just turned 8 and I'm still waiting!!! Tee hee!

WIth both my boys I found my perky time was between 4 and 8 months.... I say its preparation for the baby's arrival! :mickey:

mjaclyn
05-31-2006, 11:23 AM
I LOVE the name Jackson Wyatt!!! DH and I decided awhile ago that if our child is a boy we're going to name him Jackson Harris (Harris is my grandmother's maiden name).

BrerGnat
05-31-2006, 05:22 PM
I guess I'm new mommy #3 around here.

Lucas was born on 3/17/06...yep, on St. Patrick's day baby. :stpattys: Big brother Max is *starting* to get used to him. :envy:

So, he's 10 weeks now and growing SO fast.

Congratulations to all the mommies to be! Get your rest now...you will need it for the first few weeks especially!

mjaclyn
06-01-2006, 01:24 PM
ACK!!! The baby just kicked me!! That was weird. (In a good way, of course!!)

This is my first so I wasn't sure exactly when I would feel something but during my last appointment the doctor said to expect it soon. I'll be 19 weeks on Tuesday so I guess that's pretty normal. :) Is anyone else experiencing kicking / movement yet?

TigChatt
06-01-2006, 10:14 PM
I LOVE the name Jackson Wyatt!!! DH and I decided awhile ago that if our child is a boy we're going to name him Jackson Harris (Harris is my grandmother's maiden name).

I love your name too! I hope that you had an actual kick too. At the moment Jackson is kicking me a little too much sometimes. Dont get me wrong I love it but at the same time it gets very painful.

Flower
06-03-2006, 05:15 PM
I am 17 weeks and think I may be feeling movement, there have been alot of 'fluttery' feelings, and today the 'bump' is resting on something uncomfortable, but I cannot say for sure that I have felt a kick. I know it is coming though!

mickey&missy
06-03-2006, 07:42 PM
I am 17 weeks and think I may be feeling movement, there have been alot of 'fluttery' feelings, and today the 'bump' is resting on something uncomfortable, but I cannot say for sure that I have felt a kick. I know it is coming though!

That's what it is!! When I was pregnant with DD it started out as a flutter, I didn't know what it was at first. Sure enough it was her moving!! It actually made me a little :sick: at first, but once I got used to it I was fine! She got the hiccups every night when I lied down in bed for the last months of my pregnancy. What a weird feeling that is!

Flower
06-04-2006, 08:44 PM
I had my 17 week check up the other day and we got to hear the heart beat! It was the most wonderful sound! It was so reassuring to hear because at this stage I am not feeling 100% movement and I am not having and crazy pregnancy symptoms. I can't wait for the next few weeks to start really feeling the baby :baby: - I am sure a few weeks from that I will have had enough and want to get some normal sleep though!

I go on June 20th foe my next appointment and I have an ultrasound booked for the same day!!! We are not planning on finding out what the sex the baby :baby: is though, I want it to be a surprise!

TigChatt
06-04-2006, 11:00 PM
Well, just an update on me. Tomorrow June 5th is my due date & I'm still pregnant. Ugh! I thought I'd be holding my son by now but no such luck. I have an appt tomorrow with a different dr due to the fact that my dr went on vacation. He didnt tell me until my last appt, made me mad. I had wanted him to deliever me, oh well. Hopefully this new dr will make it move faster than the other one wanted to. I'm getting kicked so much that I have been in lots of pain for a week. Wish me luck and labor vibes. I'll update again if I dont end up in the hospital tomorrow.

mjaclyn
06-05-2006, 12:17 PM
I hope your little boy comes soon TigChatt!! :) Here's some pixie dust for you both!

:pixie:

An UPDATE!!

I went to my ultrasound this morning hoping to find out whether I was going to be having a boy or a girl, but the technician said the baby wasn't in a good position. She was able to see between the legs a little and said she thought it was a girl, but that she wasn't sure. Soooo...I think I'm going to wait until my next ultrasound to see if they say the same thing before I start buying pink. :) I do hope it is a girl though!!!! (I would be very happy with either one but I've always wanted a girl!)

TigChatt
06-05-2006, 05:49 PM
GL on the next ultrasound I hope you get what you want! And I hope the baby cooperates. Another update on me. At my appt today, my dr told me that I'm still 1cm dialated & 25 to 50% effaced. Yuck I've been stuck that way for a month now. He told me that if I didn't have it by Friday this week, he is scheduling me for Mon June 12th for an induction. I think I'll take any day except for tomorrow ;) I'll keep ya'll posted.

minnie-mouse
06-06-2006, 10:23 AM
GL on the next ultrasound I hope you get what you want! And I hope the baby cooperates. Another update on me. At my appt today, my dr told me that I'm still 1cm dialated & 25 to 50% effaced. Yuck I've been stuck that way for a month now. He told me that if I didn't have it by Friday this week, he is scheduling me for Mon June 12th for an induction. I think I'll take any day except for tomorrow ;) I'll keep ya'll posted.
How exciting! You never know, with my last DD, I was 1 cm for a week, then my next appt I was 4cm and they said we need to do an induction. It is nice having the induction, no need to worry about not making it to the hospital, doc is right there for you. Good lucK!

TigChatt
06-06-2006, 10:32 AM
Ty!

mjaclyn
06-06-2006, 11:06 AM
Let us know how it goes TigChatt!

**QUESTION**

Has anyone heard about or tried the DNA Gender Test? My mother-in-law offered to pay for one so that we could be sure about the gender before buying things, but I'm not sure about it. I've looked it up online and basically you take a blood sample of your own and send it away to a lab where they'll test the blood sample and let you know if it's a boy or girl. Apparantly it's 99.9% accurate and if they aren't correct they'll refund your money 200%. I recently found an article online that one of the companies is being investigated for fraud, so I'm not sure if I want to do it or not. Anyone heard of it?

PirateLover
06-07-2006, 12:45 AM
Let us know how it goes TigChatt!

**QUESTION**

Has anyone heard about or tried the DNA Gender Test? My mother-in-law offered to pay for one so that we could be sure about the gender before buying things, but I'm not sure about it. I've looked it up online and basically you take a blood sample of your own and send it away to a lab where they'll test the blood sample and let you know if it's a boy or girl. Apparantly it's 99.9% accurate and if they aren't correct they'll refund your money 200%. I recently found an article online that one of the companies is being investigated for fraud, so I'm not sure if I want to do it or not. Anyone heard of it?

I guess the main thing is how badly do you want to know for sure. Are you planning on completely modeling the room around the gender, or will you keep it neutral so it does not need to be redone if baby #2 comes along? Otherwise most of the things you'll be buying are clothes, which are always returnable.

An interesting story...A friend of mine was told she would be having a girl. Her mother, who often claims to be partially psychic (and has a surprisingly good track record!) swore up and down it would be a boy. Even with the doctor there, showing that it was "clearly" a girl. I don't know what happened or if someone was wrong, but a beautiful baby boy was indeed born to my friend. This is the only time i've personally heard of the doctor getting it wrong, however.

I hope TigChatt was able to hold off her delivery another day. I am not a mommy-to-be nor do I plan on being for a long time, however I absolutely love children and hearing about pregnancies so I hope you don't mind if I crash your thread. :)

mjaclyn
06-07-2006, 09:45 AM
Welcome Pirate!

I do plan to decorate the room in a neutral color - probably a very pale yellow or something similar that will go well with any type of bedding. The furniture we're getting is cherry wood so that will go well with either gender, and I plan on getting a nuetral colored stroller/carseat, etc. just in case we have another baby in a couple of years. I guess you're right in saying that I'd only have to return the baby clothes - also the crib bedding. I just hate to call my baby by a girl's name and think of it as a girl the entire time only to find out at the end that it's a boy. Personally, I would like to see the money spent on something else that we can actually use. I can't believe how expensive everything is!! Just off the top of my head I know we need a crib, changing table/dresser, cradle, pack & play, stroller, carseat and swing or bouncer. I'm going to talk to my mother-in-law and see if she'd be willing to use the money for something else. The DNA test is over $300 and it could be put to better use.

TigChatt
06-07-2006, 10:40 AM
I think I'm starting to bore people with my updates. LOL! No I didn't have the baby yet. As it looks I will have to be induced on Monday. I'm just glad that I didnt have Jackson on 6-6-06 b/c he's already as stubborn as his daddy. He must like all this good food he's getting lol. I'll keep ya'll posted

mickey&missy
06-07-2006, 01:57 PM
I think I'm starting to bore people with my updates. LOL! No I didn't have the baby yet. As it looks I will have to be induced on Monday. I'm just glad that I didnt have Jackson on 6-6-06 b/c he's already as stubborn as his daddy. He must like all this good food he's getting lol. I'll keep ya'll posted

NO! You are not boring anyone with your updates!! I'm sending you :pixie: and have that baby vibes!! Its probably a good thing you didn't have him yesterday, having 6-6-06 as a birthday is a tough way to start life! Please keep us posted!

BrerGnat
06-07-2006, 05:13 PM
Mjaclyn:

Don't waste that kind of money for a DNA gender test. It is not really necessary. You will either have a boy or girl. Your ultrasound technician can tell you with 80% certainty. I can tell you with 100% certainty...if you will be having a boy, it does NOT take a trained eye to confirm. ;) Both my husband and I were able to see our boy's parts clear as day on the ultrasound. There was no denying it...

Girls are a bit harder to "diagnose" with ultrasound. If you wait until you are at LEAST 20 weeks along, though, chances are good the tech will be able to see the parts clearly enough.

Also wanted to mention...I know it seems like there is SO much to buy, and there is, but if you plan to have more children, remember you only have to buy all that stuff once. With the second one, it is SO much cheaper! Especially if you have two of the same sex (share clothes).

TigChatt
06-07-2006, 06:02 PM
NO! You are not boring anyone with your updates!! I'm sending you :pixie: and have that baby vibes!! Its probably a good thing you didn't have him yesterday, having 6-6-06 as a birthday is a tough way to start life! Please keep us posted!

Ty, I feel better after that! ;)

mickey&missy
06-09-2006, 07:50 AM
Hi Ladies,
I thought I'd fill you in so you didn't wonder what happened to me.

It seems it wasn't meant to be. I went for my u/s on Monday and should have been 7 weeks. What the dr found indicated 5 weeks and he found blood in my uterus. I had a bloodwork up, Hcg and progrsterone. I had a second round on Wednesday. Mondays #s were 700 on the hcg and 10 on the progesterone, Wednesday went down to 569 hcg and 8 progesterone. So, I'll have a scheduled D&C late this morning.

My little baby has gone to heaven.

I'm copeing the best I can. We had a few days to prepare so, I think that helped. The dr was also wonderful and said some very comforting thing to me on Monday.

I hope all of you stay healthy and have a wonderful 9 months. I'll be back! The dr said we could start trying again next month if we wanted.

JanetMegan
06-09-2006, 08:18 AM
Melissa, I just wanted to drop in and say how sorry I was and that I'm glad you can start trying again right away! Hang in there and know we are thinking about you and your DH in this tough time...

mjaclyn
06-09-2006, 09:30 AM
I'm so sorry, Melissa. Please know that all of our thoughts are with you and we wish you the best. You should definitely start trying again! I'm sure you'll have a little Disney baby when it's the right time for you. :mickey:

Pixie Dust and Hugs :pixie: :hug:

TigChatt
06-09-2006, 12:30 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I'm glad that you will be able to start trying again soon. My prayers are with you & your family. May God bless you next month. Here's some pixie dust :pixie:

Mickey'sGirl
06-09-2006, 12:35 PM
I'm sorry for your loss Melissa. You have a special little angel looking over you now, and I hope that you get your wish soon.

Terra
06-09-2006, 01:37 PM
Melissa,
I am soooo sorry for you loss. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers through this difficult time. I've lost 2 little angels myself and know how sad it can be!

I'm glad the doctor gave you the go ahead to try again next month!! Keep us posted!

amyn2610
06-11-2006, 04:44 AM
Dearest Melissa-my heart aches for you :crying: as I have been there. It was baby to be #2. Nothing worse in the world to go thru "womanly" exams to ascertain if the cervix was open or shut. I send you much love & happiness and comfort :sadwave: :hug: :angel:

TigChatt
06-11-2006, 08:14 AM
I haven't updated b/c I didn't feel right about it after the bad news the other day. I am scheduled for my induction on June 14 which is Wed. On this past Fri, I called in to my dr while he was up in L&D like he asked. He tried to get me in for that day but the "INN" was full. Great. Then they called back with my induction date, and request that over the weekend I got for a non stress test. My little boy is so stubborn, that after he figured out that there were monitors on my belly that he started playing with the monitors really bad lol. I have never seen my belly stick out that much. The dr got a good laugh at it too, b/c at first he thought they were contractions. Anyways we also got to see Jackson again on the ultrasound and he's doing great and got the normal amount of fluid. And he was measuring around 8 1/2 lbs, but we know that it might not be acurate. He could be more or less. OUCH if he is 8 1/2 or 9 1/2 lbs. I'll report more when I get home from hospital. GL to the rest of you. Everyone is in my prayers.

Flower
06-11-2006, 09:12 AM
Melissa,

I am so sorry for your loss. We lost a wee one before this pregnancy too and I never thought I would get pregnant again. It is good to know that your doctor was reassuring and comforting. My doctor at the time was a monster and had no bedside manners whatsoever. It is important that you are comfortable with him/her and that they are helpful. I wish you all the best in getting preg again soon!

Tig, good luck on Wednesday, or sooner!

TigChatt
06-11-2006, 04:03 PM
Tig, good luck on Wednesday, or sooner!

Ty

mjaclyn
06-12-2006, 09:20 AM
Keep us posted TigChatt! Can't wait to hear about little Jackson. :)

Question for anyone:

I'm about 20 weeks now and was feeling very dizzy/faint over the weekend. DH and I were registering at Babies R Us on Saturday and all of a sudden I felt extremely sick to my stomach, dizzy, and saw spots. I sat down for awhile and had some water when we went out to the car. I was fine after that.

Then on Sunday night the same thing happened again - I was in the kitchen making a fruit salad when I started to feel very sick to my stomach (not cramps), dizzy and seeing spots like I was going to black out. I had some cheese, crackers & water then went to bed. I feel alright today but I called my doctor just to see if this was normal and they want me to come in this afternoon. I'm scared... Has anyone had this problem before? :confused:

Flower
06-12-2006, 05:08 PM
Jaclyn,

I have not experienced it yet (I'm 18 weeks). I think getting in to see your doctor is probably for the best though. I have heard it is somewhat normal for us prego's to have those symptoms though.

I just want to wish you :pixie: pixie dust that everything is okay!

DisneyAggies
06-12-2006, 05:43 PM
Keep us posted TigChatt! Can't wait to hear about little Jackson. :)

Question for anyone:

I'm about 20 weeks now and was feeling very dizzy/faint over the weekend. DH and I were registering at Babies R Us on Saturday and all of a sudden I felt extremely sick to my stomach, dizzy, and saw spots. I sat down for awhile and had some water when we went out to the car. I was fine after that.

Then on Sunday night the same thing happened again - I was in the kitchen making a fruit salad when I started to feel very sick to my stomach (not cramps), dizzy and seeing spots like I was going to black out. I had some cheese, crackers & water then went to bed. I feel alright today but I called my doctor just to see if this was normal and they want me to come in this afternoon. I'm scared... Has anyone had this problem before? :confused:

Yes, I had this happen (several times) to me during my pregnancy. It's very scary...Make sure you're drinking enough water (lots and lots) and make sure you're eating small, frequent snacks that are high in protein. Always have a bottle of water and a small snack with you!!

Contact your Doctor just to make sure everything is ok--in my case it was, but just make the call to put your mind at ease.

Remember...snack, snack, snack...and water, water, water!!

mjaclyn
06-13-2006, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the replies!! I did see the doctor yesterday and she said that as long as I'm not continually fainting it's completely normal. I'm a small person by nature - about 5'5" and pretty thin so I have low blood pressure normally. The doctor said that pregnancy lowers your blood pressure even more which could contribute to feeling dizzy and faint. She also said smaller people have a higher risk of hypoglycemia so to be sure and eat lots of protein! :) I also need to drink more water. I feel much better now knowing that it's a pretty common thing in pregnancy and I just have to eat and drink more. (no argument there!) :) :) *sigh of relief*

Terra
06-13-2006, 12:18 PM
Mjaclyn,
I'm so glad that everything was fine!

It IS normal and I have that too..
Like Natalie [BrerGnat] said eat frequent snacks and drink water...
If I don't have some kind of snack at least every 3 hours I'm feeling the same way!

Ah the joys of pregnancy!! But it makes it all worth it everytime I hear that little heart beating away with the doppler!

mjaclyn
06-13-2006, 12:20 PM
Terra, I agree with you! Yesterday while the doctor was listening to the baby's heartbeat she kicked the stethescope three times!! :) It was so special to hear and feel her at the same time!

Terra
06-13-2006, 12:30 PM
I heard mine at the Doctor too yesterday!!
The little stinker was moving all over the place...
I can't wait to actually feel those movements! I'm 17 weeks so hopefully soon!
I know they said it can take longer to feel with the first!

We have our big ultrasound next Monday to find out the sex!! Hopefully the baby isn't shy!

mjaclyn
06-20-2006, 09:21 AM
Hooray for Terra and TigChatt!!!

Congratulations to TigChatt and little Jackson Wyatt! :cloud9:

Congratulations to Terra and her little baby boy!!

- It's funny Terra, that you're due the day after Thanksgiving. I'm due on Halloween and my cousin is due on Christmas day!! LOL

TigChatt
06-20-2006, 09:43 AM
Congrads on your little boy Terra, may you be in as much love as I am with mine. I seriously did not put this boy down in the hospital. And I had to start training myself to put him down at the house to get stuff done here lol. I never thought that I could love something as much as I love my son. And it was the best experience in the world when I heard him cry. I was bawling. :cloud9:

Terra
06-20-2006, 12:20 PM
Hooray for Terra and TigChatt!!!

Congratulations to TigChatt and little Jackson Wyatt! :cloud9:

Congratulations to Terra and her little baby boy!!

- It's funny Terra, that you're due the day after Thanksgiving. I'm due on Halloween and my cousin is due on Christmas day!! LOL

Thanks for the support everyone!!

That's three babies in a row at all the holidays!!!

Flower
06-20-2006, 07:44 PM
Tig,
What a wonderful experience! I can't wait! Congratulations and please keep us posted on what we are heading for!

I had another doctors appointment today.

We got to hear the little heartbeat again and the doctor felt my stomach and everything sounds and looks good!!!

I go for my ultrasound next week and cannot wait to see the little one! I don't think we are going to find out if it is a boy or girl, saving the surprise for the delivery room!

We just booked our pre-natal classes and go for 4 Mondays in July.

As far as holiday babies, one of the dates I was given was remembrance day, November 11th. I just hope I do not go early on Halloween!

I am 19+ weeks, so, half way there. I am still scared something bad may happen, with everything we have gone thru I don't think anyone could blame me though. I pray every day that this little one is healthy and makes it out safely into our world. :baby:

mjaclyn
06-26-2006, 09:04 AM
Hi all! Just checking in today. :) I'm at 22 weeks now and baby is kicking up a storm right when I'm trying to go to sleep. I really need to start getting more exercise somehow because I feel winded doing everyday things!! (Like bringing the laundry basket upstairs) I have a job where I sit at a desk all day so it would have to be done at night. What do you guys recommend?

TigChatt
06-26-2006, 01:34 PM
Well, It's been 11 days since having Jackson and I'm learing all kinds of stuff that I wish that I had known before, lol. My hubby is a great father but freaks out when the diaper leaks. And if he takes his time changing the diapers, Jackson pees all over outfits. So Daddy needs to learn to move faster lol. Funny Jackson never pees on himself when I change him. You can never have too many bottles. I wash the little ones at least once a day. You can also never make too many bottles of formula, helps especially for late night feedings. Oh, the loads of laundry double. Yuck!

mjaclyn
06-27-2006, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the update TigChatt! Any advice from a brand new mom will help all of us still expecting. :-) Have you and your hubby tried using a diaper wipe warmer? My SIL used one when her son was little and that helped a lot with his little area getting too cold and spraying unexpectedly. :-) Tell your DH to hang in there - I'm sure it will get easier and easier as the weeks go by.

Here is some pixie dust for you all! :mickey: :pixie:

Terra
06-27-2006, 09:48 AM
Sounds like the joys of a new mommy TigChatt!! Thanks for the advice :)
I've already warned my DH about little boys and changing diapers!! lol...

Good advice too about preparing bottles for night feedings...if someone is formula feeding it makes alot more sense than trying to make them up in the middle of the night!! :thumbsup:
I'm going to nurse so luckily I won't have to worry about warming bottles...but I remember doing that when I nannied for 3 boys! And I made up bottles in advance as well for the baby!

I can't believe we are all becoming moms..it's so exciting!!

murphy1
06-27-2006, 03:12 PM
I'm not pg, but wanted to congratulate all of you. First timers, you are about to go through the most exciting, fun, scary, wonderful and adventurous time of your life. I have three little girls and they are my greatest accomplishment.

Shari

Flower
06-27-2006, 05:17 PM
When we adopted Brandon a friend told me that when I change him to place a regular kleenex on him as soon as I took the diaper off. I did it for the first little while, but we never had any accidents with him. As for laundry, that was one thing I learned after the adoption - do at least one load a day or it gets away from you quick!

I go for my ultrasound tomorrow and I cannot wait! 20.5 weeks along so hopefully the babe will put on a good show, it feels like a party going on inside sometimes!

So, last night I woke up at my regular time of 4 am...decided I NEEDED a fudgesicle and walked down 4 small flights of stairs (backsplit home) to the basement to get one - yah, thinking I am nuts!!!!

I'll check in tomorrow after my ultrasound!

TigChatt
06-27-2006, 07:35 PM
I go for my ultrasound tomorrow and I cannot wait! 20.5 weeks along so hopefully the babe will put on a good show, it feels like a party going on inside sometimes!

So, last night I woke up at my regular time of 4 am...decided I NEEDED a fudgesicle and walked down 4 small flights of stairs (backsplit home) to the basement to get one - yah, thinking I am nuts!!!!

I'll check in tomorrow after my ultrasound!

GL on the ultrasound. May the baby cooperate! I hope after all that stair climbing that the fudgesicle was the best!

mjaclyn
07-05-2006, 01:21 PM
Does anyone know how much the baby is supposed to move around? I'm 23 weeks and it seems like the baby isn't moving as much as she has on other days. Am I just being paranoid?

offwego
07-05-2006, 01:40 PM
Mjaclyn,

Don't want to bud in...but when I was expecting DS (a long time ago now) I remember he moved less when I moved more.

If you've been more active than average (in and out of the car, up and down stairs etc) it's quite possible you've been "lulling" him/her to sleep.

Try to lie down for awhile and I bet you'll see more activity. (or try drinking some juice or having a small snack the extra sugar boost was how my last ultrasounds were done to do a "stress test" and that really got him hopping about)

Flower
07-05-2006, 07:34 PM
I am now 21.5 weeks and am only feeling slight movement - sometimes it is like fluttering, other times it almost feels like a little stomach rumbling, only I know it is not a stomach rumble, does that make sense?

Remember, the little bean is still fairly small and he/she is in alot of fluid. My guess is that in a few more weeks we will both be crabbing about how much movement there is, not to mention the kicking & jabbing!

My ultrasound went well, we got a picture of the face is which is really neat to see! There is one concern - the ultrasound tech was not supposed to tell me, but...it looks like my placenta is not sitting where it should be and that if it does not move I may have to have a C-section. It is called placenta previa. I know there is a 50/50 chance I'd have to have a C anyway, but there can be brutal side effects if it ruptures. I have an apt with my OB/GYN on the 19th so I will hear more about it from him.

My dates have now been defined as November 11,13,15,& 19....Anyone want to take bets? hahahaha!!!!
How is everyone else doing?

Terra
07-05-2006, 09:19 PM
I'm 20 weeks now!! Yeah...halfway there!!
And I don't feel alot of movement either...Just like Flower said, I feel rumblings and such and sometimes I even wonder if it's my little guy....but I suspecting in a few more weeks we'll feel it for sure, and then look out!! :)

This journey is so exciting :) I feel blessed!
Sorry about the Placenta Preveria Flower! Hopefully it's higher than they think so you won't have to go through a C-section! Keep us updated!

amyn2610
07-06-2006, 02:13 PM
Sorry guys I'm not pregnant (mine are 14 and 10) but as an RN wanted to give a word of advice:

Flower, don't worry yourself excessively-that's easier said than done, I know. At 20.5 weeks alot of women have what appears to be a low-lying placenta-unless it's directly over the cervix & you're having problems such as bleeding I wouldn't worry. Chances are as your uterus expands the placenta will gravitate upwards as it should. It did it on me twice-and had heard C-section myself-only to end up delivering DD after arriving 21 minutes prior to the hospital, and my son after about 10 minutes of hard contractions-good old "precipitous" labor.

Feel free to PM if you have any other questions/concerns/complaints!!

DisneyAggies
07-06-2006, 02:40 PM
Lea-Ann--

Just wanted to echo what amyn said...don't get too worried about it right now. It tends to clear itself up before the big date. A friend of mine had Placenta Previa when she was pregnant with her first--had bleeding and other issues (not a very nice pregnancy)...anyway, the Placenta Previa resolved itself and she was taken off the c-section schedule.

Take it easy, rest, relax, and let DH do some things for you. Keep us updated--

Mickey'sGirl
07-06-2006, 03:04 PM
Nope -- not expecting, but I wanted to comment on the movement. With DS#1, I didn't even realize it was him I was feeling at 22/23 weeks. I thought something had upset my stomach. With DS#2, I recognized the flutters at 16/17 weeks -- so don't worry about it -- You just don't recognize the baby yet! Good luck with everything! :mickey:

Flower
07-06-2006, 06:25 PM
Amyn, Aggies & Terra,

Thank you all for your words of support! So far I have not noticed anything wrong and there was no cause for alarm until the tech mentioned it. I have read up on it and am not going to worry unless something starts, in which case I will head immediately to the hospital without hesitation. It sounds like most of ithe time it moves on its own and that is all I am hoping for.

Thank you again and I will definitely PM you if I encounter anything or have any questions!

Amyn, I hope my labour is as quick as yours! The thought of 30 hours in labour is scarier than the placenta previa!

Aggies,
DH has been wonderful, I have not even lifted a clothes basket since I found out! Now, the vacuum on the other hand....it will be coming to an end soon though! Hahahah! DH is actually talking to guys at work about hiring a house keeper!

Terra, you keep us posted on your little one too!

TigChatt
07-06-2006, 10:04 PM
Hmm, I could use a housekeeper too. Suprisingily, my house is cleaner now, than before I had the baby. Weird. Today is three weeks since I had him & I have lost all but 8 lbs that I gained. Last night was a good night in the feeding department. I got to sleep even though last night was the first night hubby wasnt home to help. He's in the military, and had duty from 12am to 8 am. But Jackson bunked up in mommy's bed and slept really good. YEAH! I cant wait until he starts sleeping through the night. BTW Having a c-section isn't all that bad. I had a bad experience with my whole delivery, but having the section didnt bother me. I was up walking around when they wanted me to. I stopped taking the percocet the day I came home from the hospital. I was more scared to push Jackson out normally, than I was to be cut open. Another thing, my baby movements at the very beginning felt like gas bubbles that were making small poundings on my uterus. It's sort of like a very faint hiccuping thing inside. Later on when they start getting so big, you will be begging for it to stop. My ribs started clapping when Jackson was born, they had had enough ;)

mjaclyn
07-07-2006, 09:27 AM
Glad to hear everything is going well TigChatt. :) And I hope everything turns out well for you, Flower. :) I agree with what everyone is saying - don't worry too much about it now because it will more than likely clear up on its own.

I called the doctor about the movement just to see what they had to say and (of course) they wanted me to come in. So, I basically waited for 45 minutes just for the Nurse Practitioner to tell me the baby had a strong heartbeat. It made me feel a little bit better but I was hoping to get another ultrasound so I could actually see what's going on in there. Oh well... I have my regular monthly appointment next Tuesday so I'm sure if the doctor thinks there is something wrong, he'll let me know.

Just a quick poll - how much weight has everyone gained so far? I'm kind of a small person so when I tell people I'm almost 6 months pregnant they look at me like I have three heads.

I'm 23 weeks and currently have gained 11lbs. Anyone else?

Mickey'sGirl
07-07-2006, 09:38 AM
Don't worry about weight gain -- as long as you are otherwise healthy!!!! I only gained 2 lbs with DS#1 and 8lbs with DS#2. DS#1 weighed 8lbs 9oz and DS#2 weighed 7lbs 4oz -- healthy happy and strong! Don't worry about things -- tell your doctor of any concerns and let him/her assess the situation. I hope all of you ladies are keeping well, and taking it easy in the heat!! Continued comfort and happiness to you all! :mickey:

Flower
07-07-2006, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the updates on Jackson, and sorry to hear about everything you went through when you delivered; although it sounds like it all worked out for you! Whew!

The house keeper hasn't materialized, I always feel guilty whenever I have a service come in so I rarely do it. Also, we are now talking seriously about finishing the basement, so everything is going to be upside down all over the house, so what is the point?! I think I may gt a little more serious towards the end of the pregnancy and for the first little while once the baby is born.

I am 22 weeks tomorrow and weighed myself today, I have only gained about 3 pounds, but I am not worried about it - trust me, I am eating! They say that the majority is gained in the last 3-4 months, so again, soon enough we will be crabbing that we can't see our feet for all of the belly we have, nor can we bend over to put our shoes on! Hahahaha!! Glad to hear that your doc listened to the heartbeat and all is well.

Jennifer, thanks for the heat concern - we are in the same area so you know how hot it has been this past week, and the weekend looks wonderful! We are going to the circus at the Civic in Oshawa on Saturday and then heading up to my in-laws for some swimming to stay cool!

minnie-mouse
07-10-2006, 12:28 PM
I
There is one concern - the ultrasound tech was not supposed to tell me, but...it looks like my placenta is not sitting where it should be and that if it does not move I may have to have a C-section. ?

Hi Lea Ann - Not to worry, I had that when I was pregnant with my first DD (now 3) and it moved before her birth and all was well. Also, don't worry about not gaining weight. I tried and tried with my first DD, and only gained a total of 16 lbs, but had a 8.2 lb baby girl. It will happen slowly, you may not even notice it.

I just wanted to say hello to all of you soon-to-be new Moms. I am not a new Mom, as I have a 3 yr old DD and a 4 month old DD. But thought if you ever have any questions, I would be glad to try & help out. I know when I had my first DD, I found a book called "My Baby Week-by-Week" to be the best guide ever, you should check it out. Good luck to all of you!!

Terra
07-10-2006, 02:48 PM
How are all the new moms and moms-to-be feeling this week???

Thanks Tara for joining us!! I'm sure we can use your advice!

Well I am thrilled to report that I finally FOR SURE felt my little guy move from the inside AND the outside!!
What an incredible and miracalous feeling!!

I feel so blessed!!! :cloud9:

mjaclyn
07-12-2006, 09:50 AM
Hi all! I just went to my monthly doctor's appointment yesterday and he said everything looks good. :) I have to go back in two weeks to get a glucose test. I guess this test is to see if you have gestational diabetes. Has anyone else had the test yet? Is it just a blood test?

Terra
07-12-2006, 02:54 PM
Hi all! I just went to my monthly doctor's appointment yesterday and he said everything looks good. :) I have to go back in two weeks to get a glucose test. I guess this test is to see if you have gestational diabetes. Has anyone else had the test yet? Is it just a blood test?

I just went to the doctor yesterday too!
Glad everything is going well!

I also have to do my glucose test at my next appointment Aug 7th! I've never done it either...But I know that I have to drink that orange stuff and then an hour later they draw my blood to check!
I guess the good thing about drinking the sugary drink is that we'll feel the babies move after that!! LOL...

Good luck to both of us on that! :)
Ah...all the tests we mothers to be have to go through!!

DisneyAggies
07-12-2006, 03:06 PM
yes, I've had it done...were you given specific directions about not eating before the test??

I had the one hour test done (asked if I could eat/drink a couple hours prior to the test--they said NO PROBLEM!) Well, I failed the test--barely failed, so I had to go back and do the 3 hour test with blood draws every hour after drinking the orange stuff and couldn't eat anything after midnight the night prior--NOT FUN!! I thought I was going to pass out!! We went out for steak after the 3 hours.

My advice, schedule the test for the first thing in the AM and don't eat breakfast before you go in--then treat yourself to a BIG breakfast afterwards...the 3 hour test is just awful!!

By they way, I passed the 3 hour test with flying colors--the eating before the 1 hour test was the fluke. Grrr! :thedolls:

Flower
07-12-2006, 04:26 PM
We were talking about the glucose test in our child birth classes the other night. My next Apt is on the 19th so I anticipate getting scheduled for mine then - it sounds gross!

The girls were describing it as tasting like syrup from the McDonalds orange pop, but I understand there is also a different flavour available in the US, I forget what it is though! Apparently for the first one you have to drink 50ml's of the stuff and then get your blood drawn an hour later. Yup, if you fail you have to go back for a 2-3 hour test. The girls also said if the syrup is cold it is not so bad, but if it is warm - YUCK!!!! :ack:

Has anyone else registered for birthing classes yet? We are doing ours early, but since there are only 4 sessions we had to pick dates when DH is not working nights so he can attend all of the classes. It just happened that Mondays in July he does not work nights so we went with it. 2 classes down, 2 more to go. I am looking forward to the last class though as it is the hospital visit.

Has anyone looked into, or hired, a midwife or doula? I am hearing good things about midwifes, but I have yet to really look into them.

Otherwise, I am feeling great! I am looking forward to my apt next week!

mjaclyn
07-13-2006, 10:07 AM
They actually didn't say anything about eating or not eating before the test and it's scheduled for 4:00 in the afternoon. :confused: I think I'll call and at least ask them about eating beforehand. Maybe I'll change the appointment to the morning If I can.

DH and I haven't signed up for any classes yet but I'm going to register for Lamaze pretty soon. It costs $100 and our Insurance doesn't cover it. Is that normal? I thought pregnancy courses (like Lamaze, Breastfeeding, etc.) were supposed to be free?

minnie-mouse
07-13-2006, 10:29 AM
Hi ladies -just wanted to mention that the glucose drink tastes like a flat sunkist soda only a tad sweeter. If you can, drink it cold, it tasted better that way. I just chugged it really fast when I did it since it didn't taste too great. Good luck with it, I am sure all your testing will go well.

Terra
07-13-2006, 04:16 PM
They actually didn't say anything about eating or not eating before the test and it's scheduled for 4:00 in the afternoon. :confused: I think I'll call and at least ask them about eating beforehand. Maybe I'll change the appointment to the morning If I can.

DH and I haven't signed up for any classes yet but I'm going to register for Lamaze pretty soon. It costs $100 and our Insurance doesn't cover it. Is that normal? I thought pregnancy courses (like Lamaze, Breastfeeding, etc.) were supposed to be free?

Wow!! $100 is a bit steep for the classes. Are they held at the Hospital where you are birthing? If you're taking them somewhere OTHER than that, this is why it could be expensive...
Mine is at my birthing hospital and it's only $30...I'd check into that more!

As far as the eating part for the glucose, my nurse told me that since my appointment is at 3:40 that I COULD eat lunch...if my appointment had been around lunch time I was to eat breakfast..because I asked about fasting and she said with the 1 hour test they don't do that...it's the three hour test that you fast for.
Anyway..she also told me to make sure I ate "healthy" [as if we shouldn't anyway! ;) ] but she told me not doughnuts or things like that...So I'll probably have grilled chicken some veggies and a salad...

Call your nurse/doctor to find out for sure though...

Flower
07-13-2006, 04:51 PM
Our classes are $100 for 4 classes; the 4th class is the tour of the hospital and we had to register for the classes through the hospital.

I never thought about contact our insurance company to see if they pay for any of it, I just paid the money out of pocket.

amyn2610
07-14-2006, 09:20 PM
Hi again new moms and moms-to-be!!

When I was pregnant with DD (14) and had my one-hour glucose challenge I had a cola flavored drink-that one wasn't bad, it didn't make me sick at all, and I had eaten twice that day since my appointment was at 3.

DS (10) was another story. I had hyperemesis with him (extreme vomiting sometimes lasting the whole pregnancy) and would vomit three times every day until I was 25 weeks along. They gave me that orange stuff to drink and I knew there was no way it was going to stay down, especially if I "downed" it like I did for DD. Somehow I got it down, and this one I failed & had to do the 3 hour challenge. THAT was awful-fasting when you're already nauseated & puking & having to drink another container of orange gunk. Not being able to even sip on ginger ale or have a saltine in my stomach was horrible-that was the longest three hours of my life. Luckily it turned out negative & I was happy and mad all at the same time. I went thru all that torture for nothing!!!

So don't worry about having your glucose challenge in the afternoon-you have to eat and it certainly isn't healthy for either of you to go without food or drink until that hour of the day. Just keep the hot fudge sundae for afterwards!! :secret:

Flower
07-16-2006, 07:33 PM
What has everyone bought so far? I honestly have only bought 1 little Pooh outfit that is unisex and was too cute to pass up! Other than that, I have not bought a thing!

Has anyone started on their nursery? I haven't, no decor no crib, NOTHING!

The baby's room is currently my craft room and is painted a pretty lilac colour, which is perfect for a nursery, especially if the baby is a girl.

For some reason, this weekend I have been looking at everything and cannot seem to make my mind up.

DH and I are talking about heading to the US in a few weeks, I think I may get my crib then, I looked at one in Canada and the price is $420, the same thing at Target is listed at $299 - with the dollar being what it is, I think it would be worth the trip as there are other things I need to get as well, and my annual Grove City trip needs to be bumped up because of the baby!

Also, I have been thinking about starting my Christmas shopping. I want to be finished by late October as I am due in November, and we will celebrate Christmas in November with DH's parents before they go to Florida in November.

Too much on my mind these days!

Terra
07-16-2006, 08:07 PM
Flower,
Hope you trip is fun and eventful to the US to shop for baby & Christmas stuff!!
The lilac color sounds so pretty!!

As far as buying things, I've bought some things for the nursery...I have this nursery cart that holds clothes/diapers and things like that...I bought the bedding for the crib [I'm doing a Winnie the Pooh theme]...I also bought the Winnie mobile for the crib, I also got a pack of pooh recieving blankets...and my MIL gave me some clothes that were my DH when he was a baby...very sentimental...I love them :)
We've still got to get a crib, rocking chair and small dresser...So things are coming along a little bit!

It's all very exciting!!

TigChatt
07-17-2006, 10:51 AM
When we bought stuff it was outfits, I was 8 wks pregnant and bought stuff that both sexes. I had everything bought for the nursery and set up by the time that I was 5 months pregnant. I was so excited to be pregnant that I couldnt wait. I did Jackson's room in the Classic Pooh at Target that I got while everything while on clearance. They still have all of it which is good if I want more. But that was us. You can't pass anything up when it's too cute. I still can't pass things up now. :secret:

mjaclyn
07-17-2006, 01:33 PM
DH's mother bought the baby a Teddy Bear and we've bought lots of books like Dr. Suess and Disney stories. I haven't gotten any clothing yet - I figured I would wait until my baby shower to see what others get me first. :)

If it's a boy, we plan on decorating the nursery in airplanes. Babies R Us has an ADORABLE bedding set that goes perfect! If it's a girl we chose a bedding set called 'Sweet Shop'. It's pink and has pictures of cupcakes, cherries and ice cream on the blankets & pillows. :)

On another topic...

I was just looking online at some pregnancy photos of women at 35 - 40 weeks and I'm terrified!!! Their bellies were HUGE and they all had horrific stretch marks all over their stomachs. I honestly don't know how I'm going to survive the last two months of pregnancy if it's as bad and uncomfortable as everyone is telling me. All of my friends who've had children tell me that they couldn't get comfortable or sleep and some of them had to stop working the entire month before they had the baby! I was planning on working right up until my due date but now I don't know how things are going to go. I know being nervous about it will probably just make things worse, but I can't help it! Is it really that awful?? (for those of you who have had babies in the past)

Terra
07-17-2006, 05:29 PM
I was just looking online at some pregnancy photos of women at 35 - 40 weeks and I'm terrified!!! Their bellies were HUGE and they all had horrific stretch marks all over their stomachs. I honestly don't know how I'm going to survive the last two months of pregnancy if it's as bad and uncomfortable as everyone is telling me. All of my friends who've had children tell me that they couldn't get comfortable or sleep and some of them had to stop working the entire month before they had the baby! I was planning on working right up until my due date but now I don't know how things are going to go. I know being nervous about it will probably just make things worse, but I can't help it! Is it really that awful?? (for those of you who have had babies in the past)

I've been wondering about that as well since this is my first!! I'm not so much worried about the stretch marks [because unfortunetly I had those to begin with...lol... :secret: ] But I am worried about not being able to sleep because I already dont sleep well and have to get up every 2-3 hours to use the restroom...and how in the world will I work being soooo uncomfortable and tired! Yikes!!

amyn2610
07-17-2006, 09:45 PM
Hello again moms-to-be and new moms!!

I bought a crib & changing table when I was about three month's pregnant. I found a gorgeous bedding set at Sears-it was the O'Hare family and portrayed a family of bunnies-on the comforter they were all sitting together, with momma bunny on a rocking chair & all the others gathered around. The bumper pads had various pics of the bunnies & the mobile had hanging bunnies. We had no clue what DD was but felt it was unisex enough.

Something else we started doing at about seven months was start stocking up on packs of newborn & size one diapers & diaper wipes. Those things go quick!! My high-chair & playpen (which matched the crib bedding) I got at my baby shower, and the ex's brothers went together and bought the cradle that matched our crib & changing table-we were originally going to just put DD in the crib but she looked so tiny in that huge crib!!

I got a few outfits at my shower, mostly yellow & green-Heather was jaundiced for a few days so she didn't really look good in those colors. Ex's mom came out the day we were discharged and had loads & loads of clothing as gifts for Heather so after that it was pink city.

I found it hard to sleep the last few months since I'm a stomach sleeper, but I just turned from side to side & made the most of it. A few nights I slept in the recliner as I had alot of back pain & that was the only way I could get comfortable. I was blessed & didn't get any stretch marks on my belly, just in the areas above that-trying to call those something family friendly is tough!! Some women swear by cocoa butter-it's worth a try.

Make sure you're all drinking lots of water & juices with this horrific heat & make sure you put your feet up at the end of the day-listen to your friendly Intercot nurse!! :mickey:

BrerGnat
07-17-2006, 11:50 PM
I've been wondering about that as well since this is my first!! I'm not so much worried about the stretch marks [because unfortunetly I had those to begin with...lol... :secret: ] But I am worried about not being able to sleep because I already dont sleep well and have to get up every 2-3 hours to use the restroom...and how in the world will I work being soooo uncomfortable and tired! Yikes!!

Hate to break it to you, but the last couple months it is VERY hard to sleep. You will be uncomfortable, have to pee seriously every hour at night, and may start having a lot of braxton hicks contrax, which are uncomfortable.

There is a saying that the lack of sleep at the end of pregnancy is "training" for the first 6 weeks with a newborn. Sadly, you will LONG for the days of only getting up to pee then being able to get back to bed. :) When you are up with a newborn, each awakening is a 1-2 hour ordeal with changing a diaper, feeding, changing a diaper, burping, changing a diaper, feeding, etc. You will barely be able to function during the day, so make sure you have HELP for the first couple weeks at least. This is the time for your DH to step up and do something useful. ;)

The good thing is that it is all temporary. Around 6-8 weeks, babies usually start sleeping through the night, and that feels like heaven. :cloud9: At 8 weeks precisely, my precious DS began to sleep 9 hours straight, wake up to nurse, then back to sleep for 3-4 more hours. He has kept up that routine until now (4 months old today).

Flower
07-18-2006, 07:59 AM
Thanks moms for bringing all of your experiences to us newbies!

I am going to keep my daybed in the nursery for just that reason, up and down all through the night. I figure I can be up at night with the baby and let DH sleep so he can take the dayshift. In theory, it sounds good. I know it will be difficult to do though.

We had our last birthing class last night; it is just the hospital tour to go next week. I am now freaked out about the whole epidural thing - I do not like the sounds of the side effects. I (jokingly of course) told DH I would rather order several pitches of :marg: instead! Moms, what did you do for pain treatment?

minnie-mouse
07-18-2006, 10:08 AM
My little baby has gone to heaven.

I'm copeing the best I can. We had a few days to prepare so, I think that helped. The dr was also wonderful and said some very comforting thing to me on Monday.

Melissa, I am so sorry to hear this. I know it is difficult. I too, had a miscarriage after my 2nd DD. I was 10 weeks along and had to have the D&C surgery, but then I got pregnant again soon after with my 2nd DD who is now 5 months old.

Have hope, it will happen for you. Good luck and take care of yourself.

minnie-mouse
07-18-2006, 10:11 AM
I heard mine at the Doctor too yesterday!!
The little stinker was moving all over the place...
I can't wait to actually feel those movements! I'm 17 weeks so hopefully soon!
I know they said it can take longer to feel with the first!

We have our big ultrasound next Monday to find out the sex!! Hopefully the baby isn't shy!
Any news yet? Little girl or boy?? I love to find out. Any names picked so far?

Terra
07-18-2006, 10:31 AM
Any news yet? Little girl or boy?? I love to find out. Any names picked so far?

Thanks for asking!!
I am now 22 weeks...woo hoo and thank you God for bringing me this far!!
And it's a little boy!!
I feel him move all the time now!! Very exciting!!
I can't wait to meet him in person..[when he's done baking of course!! grow baby grow!!]

Terra
07-18-2006, 10:35 AM
I am now freaked out about the whole epidural thing - I do not like the sounds of the side effects. I (jokingly of course) told DH I would rather order several pitches of :marg: instead! Moms, what did you do for pain treatment?

LOL...me too!!!
I'm actually so kind of freaked out about the Epidural [more so for the side effects] that I have elected to not get one...Plus even with our insurance it's $500 up front and we don't have that kind of money..that money will be spent getting the baby's room ready and getting things for him...anyway...
I know I'll probably regret it in the midst of labor and delivery but I do want to do it somewhat natural so I have a better recovery time...I may have some IV drugs, but those usually don't work for every long...

I'm also going to do the Hypnobirthing technique to help cope with the pain...so we'll see how that goes :)

All I keep telling myself is that for thousands of years before women did it without drugs, my mom did it twice, my best friend and labor coach did it twice, and countless other friends have all done it without drugs and are still here to talk about it....lol..

I'm clinging to that!!! And then it will be over and I'll have my little son in my arms!!

I'd be interested as well to hear how other women coped with the pain and their techniques...that would help alot!!

BrerGnat
07-18-2006, 05:40 PM
Terra, here were my birth experiences with labor, pain, and pain management:

First pregnancy: I was going to go natural, but kept the option of drugs open without hesitation. After all, when I go to the dentist to have a cavity filled, I opt for the novocaine! ;) My water broke a week early and within an hour, I was having strong contractions every 60-90 seconds. My labor was happening too fast and my baby's heartrate was going WAY down with the contrax and not having time to recover was sending both me and baby into a downward spiral. I was given a shot to stop my contractions within 30 minutes of arriving at the hospital. I was begging for an epidural at that time, but had to wait until the IV fluids had gone into my body. I got the epidural and my blood pressure dropped, I almost fainted twice and my baby's heartrate was very unstable. After a few hours of this, I ended up with an emergency c-section. Before the surgery, they boosted my epidural pain relief for the surgery. Again, I almost blacked out, and was numbed up too high (to my neck) and I couldn't feel myself breathing, so I panicked. I was breathing just fine, but it felt to me like I wasn't. When you get too numbed up, you lose the sensation of breathing in and out. I was in panic mode the whole surgery, and had to focus on the ceiling and remind myself to breathe in and out. It was horrible. My son was delivered 10 hours after my water broke. The pain of the contractions was more than I bargained for, and I have a high pain tolerance. I was later told by the nurses that my labor was atypical. They said my contractions were stronger than normal and too close together to allow my body (and mind) to deal with them in a normal way.

Pregnancy #2: I was to have a scheduled c-section at 39 weeks. My water broke at 36 weeks. I went to the hospital immediately and was having contractions, but they were only every 4-5 minutes and very mild. I was in the hospital for about 3 hours before they did the surgery, but I did not need any pain relief. The contrax felt like menstrual cramps (probably what normal labor contractions are supposed to feel like) and besides being uncomfortable, I could still talk through them. I got a spinal block in the operating room after discussing my previous experience with the epidural with the anesthesiologist. He assured me all would be fine, since the spinal block is less medicine and not a continuous drip. Well, during the surgery, I felt very dizzy (like I was drunk) and nauseous. I vomited in the recovery room, and overall the surgery was unpleasant due to feeling sick the whole time, but I did not have the breathing problem like the last time. This labor was much easier. :)

I think you are wise to try to go natural. I would suggest getting IV pain meds (narcotics) to take the edge off if it gets too bad. Save the epidural for a last resort. Overall, my labor experiences taught me to be prepared for anything. Your labor will not be like your mother's, or your friend's, or your co-worker's. It will be unique, and what worked for others might not work for you. Keep an open mind to what your labor will be like. Try not to get too set in your ways, or you may be disappointed if things turn out differently. Remember that the end product of your labor experience should be a healthy baby and mother, so do what needs to be done to assure that. Let the doctors and nurses guide you...they know what they are doing.

I am glad that I kept an open mind, because I was pretty convinced during my first pregnancy that I would labor and deliver naturally, like my mom and my MIL and all my friends, but alas, that was not the plan. My second pg was even more of a surprise. No one expects their water to break a month early, and at that point, I was more worried about my baby being okay than what drugs or surgery I had to endure.

BrerGnat
07-18-2006, 05:40 PM
Terra, here were my birth experiences with labor, pain, and pain management:

First pregnancy: I was going to go natural, but kept the option of drugs open without hesitation. After all, when I go to the dentist to have a cavity filled, I opt for the novocaine! ;) My water broke a week early and within an hour, I was having strong contractions every 60-90 seconds. My labor was happening too fast and my baby's heartrate was going WAY down with the contrax and not having time to recover was sending both me and baby into a downward spiral. I was given a shot to stop my contractions within 30 minutes of arriving at the hospital. I was begging for an epidural at that time, but had to wait until the IV fluids had gone into my body. I got the epidural and my blood pressure dropped, I almost fainted twice and my baby's heartrate was very unstable. After a few hours of this, I ended up with an emergency c-section. Before the surgery, they boosted my epidural pain relief for the surgery. Again, I almost blacked out, and was numbed up too high (to my neck) and I couldn't feel myself breathing, so I panicked. I was breathing just fine, but it felt to me like I wasn't. When you get too numbed up, you lose the sensation of breathing in and out. I was in panic mode the whole surgery, and had to focus on the ceiling and remind myself to breathe in and out. It was horrible. My son was delivered 10 hours after my water broke. The pain of the contractions was more than I bargained for, and I have a high pain tolerance. I was later told by the nurses that my labor was atypical. They said my contractions were stronger than normal and too close together to allow my body (and mind) to deal with them in a normal way.

Pregnancy #2: I was to have a scheduled c-section at 39 weeks. My water broke at 36 weeks. I went to the hospital immediately and was having contractions, but they were only every 4-5 minutes and very mild. I was in the hospital for about 3 hours before they did the surgery, but I did not need any pain relief. The contrax felt like menstrual cramps (probably what normal labor contractions are supposed to feel like) and besides being uncomfortable, I could still talk through them. I got a spinal block in the operating room after discussing my previous experience with the epidural with the anesthesiologist. He assured me all would be fine, since the spinal block is less medicine and not a continuous drip. Well, during the surgery, I felt very dizzy (like I was drunk) and nauseous. I vomited in the recovery room, and overall the surgery was unpleasant due to feeling sick the whole time, but I did not have the breathing problem like the last time. This labor was much easier. :)

I think you are wise to try to go natural. I would suggest getting IV pain meds (narcotics) to take the edge off if it gets too bad. Save the epidural for a last resort. Overall, my labor experiences taught me to be prepared for anything. Your labor will not be like your mother's, or your friend's, or your co-worker's. It will be unique, and what worked for others might not work for you. Keep an open mind to what your labor will be like. Try not to get too set in your ways, or you may be disappointed if things turn out differently. Remember that the end product of your labor experience should be a healthy baby and mother, so do what needs to be done to assure that. Let the doctors and nurses guide you...they know what they are doing.

I am glad that I kept an open mind, because I was pretty convinced during my first pregnancy that I would labor and deliver naturally, like my mom and my MIL and all my friends, but alas, that was not the plan. My second pg was even more of a surprise. No one expects their water to break a month early, and at that point, I was more worried about my baby being okay than what drugs or surgery I had to endure.

Terra
07-18-2006, 06:20 PM
Natalie,
Thanks so much for sharing your birth stories :) I appreciate it! And you are right...keeping an open mind is the best thing! I think I'm more scared of the unkown and knowing that I'll just have to wait and see...lol...
I'm just praying everyday that, like you said, I have a healthy baby...I'm more worried about him than me!

I remember when you had your second one...you posted about it...wasn't he born on St. Patty's day???
How is he doing...It's hard to believe that 4 months have gone by!!

Thanks again!

Flower
07-24-2006, 07:03 AM
How is everyone feeling this week?

Right now it is 7 am and the little one is kicking up a storm! Still a great feeling!

I had my dr's apt last week, everything went well and yes, I got scheduled for the glucose test - oh so looking forward to it! Hahahaha!

mjaclyn
07-24-2006, 11:49 AM
Hi all! I'm going to the doctor's this afternoon for my glucose test. I hope I pass! I can't imagine fasting for 3 hours considering how hungry I've been this entire pregnancy. Yikes!!

We had a small baby shower yesterday for my cousin who is also pregnant. She lives in Chicago and this was the only time she'd be able to come out before the baby, so it was nice to have something for her. She's only about 4 months and doesn't know what the baby is yet so I got her some really cute maternity clothes. :)

During the shower we all had to guess her current belly measurement and whoever came the closest won a prize. It was fun. :) I think she was a little surprised because her belly is measured larger than mine and I'm two months ahead of her. She's not overweight either, so I was surprised myself. She was 35 1/4" while mine was 34 1/2". Isn't that strange?

I'm really looking forward to my baby shower now - especially after seeing all of the adorable baby things she got. My grandmother's sister knitted the baby the CUTEST sweater!! I really hope she does one for my baby too since she'll be born at the end of October. I'm excited!

Terra
07-24-2006, 05:46 PM
How is everyone feeling this week?

Right now it is 7 am and the little one is kicking up a storm! Still a great feeling!

I had my dr's apt last week, everything went well and yes, I got scheduled for the glucose test - oh so looking forward to it! Hahahaha!

Isn't it awesome to feel them moving around!! My little guy moves around all the time too...I love it!! I can put the remote on my belly and watch it move as he kicks it!!
I have my glucose test Aug 7th..yuck!

Mjaclyn...let us know how your glucose test goes!!!

I'm feeling great myself...I'm 23 weeks and I actually had my first round with Braxton Hicks contrations last night...they were a little painful but nothing I couldn't handle...they started in my back and radiated to the front...I had 2 every hour for 4 hours last night...

I have to admit though it also makes me scared and nervous because I'm so paranoid that something will happen and I'll have my guy way to early and he won't make it....I keep telling myself to calm down because stress and worry won't help at all!!

I'm just thankful for every day and week that passes and I've been praying ALOT that God continues to watch over my little guy!

DisneyAggies
07-24-2006, 10:34 PM
Terra-

Just wanted to let you know if you are planning on doing hypnobirthing, if you don't already have the CDs--GET THEM NOW, and start using them now. The Hypnobirthing techniques take practice and you need time to get familiar with getting yourself into the different states. I started using them in Jan (DS was born in April), and I truly wished I would've started using them earlier. I listened to them before bed at night, and they really relaxed me and I was able to go to sleep (and stay asleep!) longer.

Another thing to note as well. If you plan on having others in the birthing room with you while you labor (other than your labor coach/doula) it may make it more difficult to focus and concentrate on hypnobirthing. It is also helpful that your labor coach is familiar with the techniques as well because they can help you if need be.

We had my parents, my in-laws, my sister, and a couple of friends in and out of our suite all day--I COULD NOT concentrate on the techinques when I needed them, and I didn't ask them to leave because I felt bad because they all drove just to see us. Looking back, I know now that the only person you should be concerned about during labor is you (and your baby)--that goes for your labor coach too--DH was great, but found himself (frequently) trying to take care/entertain them too.

Now I know several people that've had 10 people in thier room while they labored and did just fine. I learned that I wasn't one of those people.

mjaclyn
07-25-2006, 09:44 AM
I think the glucose test went well - I chose the 'fruit punch' version instead of the orange and it tasted fine. I didn't feel strange or anything within the hour I waited, so hopefully the tests will come back normal. :)

In regards to delivery - I plan on only having my husband in the room with me while I give birth. He keeps insisting that once I'm in there I'll have him get my mother but I keep telling him not to let me! LOL My mom and I are very close but I am definitely NOT one of those people who want a crowd in the delivery room. No video cameras - no pictures....at least none of me in labor. :)

Terra
07-25-2006, 10:00 AM
Yeah!! Glad the glucose test went well!!
And you got a choice of drink??? They just gave me the orange one and I have to bring it with me when I go!

I do need to get those CD's soon! And true...I need to let my labor coach know and make copies for her too!!

And there is a possibility that she may not be there if I do give birth the week of my due date because it's Thanksgiving and she will be out of town..

Aside from that I have decided that it will only be my DH and myself and my coach if she can be there...

I can't do the crowd thing either!! And I would rather have it as calm and peaceful as possible...I don't want alot of people [family/friends] in there!

And I'm with Mjacyln...NO pictures or video's please during the labor...!!

disneynarula
07-26-2006, 04:10 PM
I have not posted in awhile but everything is going fine. I have my glucose test next week. I don't even have to drink the orange stuff. My midwife says a bannana and a glass of oj will do the trick.

Lots of kicking here too. I am also much more uncomfortable than I was with DS3. I think it is probably because at this point in my pregnancy with him it was December and about forty degrees cooler. I also wasn't chasing a two year old around.

I have to agree with the no video during the labor and delivery. If people really want those kinds of details they can watch The Discovery Channel. DH taped my delivery last time and I was just too out of it to notice. I about killed him when the footage ended up on our Christmas DVD he gave out to all our family members.
The only taping he is allowed to do this time is during post delivery after I have a shower and can throw on some mascara.

Terra
07-26-2006, 04:23 PM
I have to agree with the no video during the labor and delivery. If people really want those kinds of details they can watch The Discovery Channel. DH taped my delivery last time and I was just too out of it to notice. I about killed him when the footage ended up on our Christmas DVD he gave out to all our family members.
The only taping he is allowed to do this time is during post delivery after I have a shower and can throw on some mascara.

I would have been a tad bit upset too if it ended up for everyone to see...lol...and I have to agree...if people want those kind of details..watch the Discovery Channel!

And lucky you only have to eat a banana and OJ...yummy...

Flower
07-26-2006, 06:02 PM
DH taped my delivery last time and I was just too out of it to notice. I about killed him when the footage ended up on our Christmas DVD he gave out to all our family members.

I would be mortified!

Nope, nobody in the delivery room except me and DH. My mom and his mom would both drive me nuts, and not to mention D-F-I-L...nope, me and Jay only! Now, that being said, we have discussed my best friend, who has been a nurse for the past 11 years, POSSIBLY be involved, I am still debating it and have not asked her yet.

mjaclyn
07-27-2006, 09:26 AM
He put it on your Christmas DVD?!?? I would have seriously injured DH if he had tried anything like that. Ack!! :blush:

mjaclyn
08-07-2006, 10:02 AM
Hi everyone! Just thought I'd post an update - my glucose test went fine. I'm all clear of gestational diabetes!! The bad news is that I have developed a little bit of anemia so the doctor is having me take some Iron supplements. I can already tell that it's helped me because I haven't really had any more dizzy spells since I started taking the pills.

I finally signed up for Lamaze! DH and I scheduled to go two Saturdays in a row in September from 8:30-1:00. I'm excited, but a little irritated as well because they not only charge you $100 for the class but you have to bring a snack for the entire group and your own lunch! You think they'd at least provide some kind of refreshment since we're going to be there for so long. What am I paying $100 for?? I was also surprised to learn that my insurance doesn't cover the Lamaze class. I definitely thought they would...

How is everyone else doing? Keeping cool I hope! :)

Terra
08-07-2006, 10:56 AM
Mjaclyn...
So glad your GD test went well...yeah!! :clappy:
I go for mine today...oh joy!!

I can't believe that Lamaze class is $100...I've heard other people comment on how expensive it is too!

At our hosptial it's only $30.00 per couple!

And yeah..what's that about providing food for everyone else?????? I mean what are they doing with all that money...the instructor must get paid well! lol...

Flower
08-07-2006, 09:24 PM
mjaclyn - glad to hear your gluc is okay!!!! I hope yours goes well Terra!!

I am going for my glucose test on Wednesday - I have to get it done before my next Dr's apt next week. I really feel great and have only gained about 10 lbs, so I am not anticipating a problem at all.

Ours classes were $100 as well, not covered either....

I have just made DH run out for his first late night food craving for me & bump!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: Man do I ever want a sub, and DH has just gone out to get us one!!!!

I think I am going to call the area midwives tomorrow to see about a consult, or whatever it is that they do. I really want the labour to be with DH & I, but a one-on-one coach sounds appealing, as does the fact that I will be released from the hospital earlier because they follow-up at our residence the next day. I am not looking forward to the hospital stay - I like my privacy and am not looking forward to sharing a room with someone after the whole labour ordeal! Our hospital only has 4 private rooms and the chances of getting one is slim. The cost is only $30 above what my plan covers, so I have no problem paying it, but it does not sound like the chances are good of getting one.

Is anyone going for a 4-D ultrasound? I have one booked for the end of the month, I have to pay fo rit though. Has anyone done it and do you feel it was worth it?

Flower
08-07-2006, 09:27 PM
ps

Has anyone else set their Disney countdown timer to babies estimated due date? :mickey:

I am only looking at 98 more days!!!! Yikes!!! I still do not have furniture, it's picked out, but not ordered.....I really need to move on that!!!!!

amyn2610
08-08-2006, 12:51 AM
:lurk: Hi guys, it's me again-just wanted to "invade" your thread to see how everyone is doing and to give some words of advice/share my birthing stories. This is kinda long, I apologize....I love telling my birth stories. :)

I know I've mentioned before that I was a L&D nurse for quite some time before doing this jaunt in home health...and now August 21st I start my great new job in the pediatric ICU!! :joy: Anyway, feel free to PM if you have any questions...I'm offering advice if any of you need it. :D

I was a rareity when it came to giving birth-both times I experienced what's known as "precipitous" labor & delivery-meaning 3 hours or less from start to finish. Also, both of my kids came out "sunny-side up" which means they are facing the ceiling-that is the worst position to be laboring in as the head is at a bad angle to get under the pubic bone. Labor is hard enough, but when you're flying thru it at lightening speed it's even worse because your body can't keep up-I know I didn't cope well either time because things happened WAY too fast.

When I was 36 wks preggers w/DD I had went in thinking my water had broke....turns out she had kicked me in the bladder. :blush: After doing the exam with nitrazine paper (turns blue if you're broken) they always do an internal exam-and I was shocked (horrified truthfully) when the doc said "um, have you been feeling contractions, because you're 4 centimeters, 80% effaced, and at -1 station?" I said "uhhhh, no!" I had not felt a twinge at all while my body went thru something that's usually many hours long in a first-time mother, and who knows when this had actually started!! Anyway, they kept me for a while to see if I was laboring-turns out I wasn't. This was December 23rd, the ex's and I's anniversary. I had a follow-up with my MD a week later, and he again did an exam-he says "your cervix is the same, but it's so thin I don't know how you're holding that baby in there!" So I'm thinking I'm going to drop this kid any day....total time I walked around KNOWINGLY that far dilated-2 WEEKS!!!!

Finally, about 6PM on January 6, 1992 my back was killing me-silly me didn't realize I was in labor as that was the only pain I was feeling. I tried every position to get comfortable-nothing worked. Finally gave up about 12 & the ex and I turned in to bed....or so we thought.....

I awoke with this awful back pain that then radiated to the front....I had never experienced a contraction like this before. I hit the ex & said "this hurts....really bad...watch the clock" and fell back asleep. It was 12:40AM. Five minutes later, happened again. What was so odd was they were all over the place....10min, then 2, then 6, then 1, etc. After an hour of this I began going to sit on the "throne" thinking I had to use the restroom-so I was complete at home, unbeknownst to me.

I called the hospital at 1:50AM and told them what was going on-you can tell by the sound of a woman's voice when it's the real thing. I told them how I had been checked previously & was at 4cm. So off to the hospital we go-living on base it was a 12 minute drive. We get to the hospital at 2:02AM, I am in so much pain I can't walk. The nurse can tell something's up...she says "just slip your bottoms off, don't worry about a gown yet"...she checks me and goes "how far along do you want to be?" and I said "I don't care, just give me drugs". She goes "well you're complete with a bulging bag-your baby's head is waiting to come out". It's now 2:10AM.

Talk about a flurry of activity!!! They break my water, I start pushing...DD was born at 2:51AM-50 minutes after arriving-I didn't even get out of my street shirt!! Total labor time-2 hours, 11 minutes.

With DS, given my short birth history, all the complications I was experiencing, the fact that we lived 40 minutes from the closest hospital and that second babies usually come alot faster, they induced me at 39 weeks.

They hooked me up to the god-awful pitocin at 1:00PM. Some women start contracting right away, some don't. Contractions started around 1:30 but I didn't feel them. Come 3:00 and all of a sudden they hurt. They were right on top of each other. (oh I left out that when I arrived, strangely enough I was at the same stage as DD-4cm, 80%, but he was lower at 0 station) At 3:15 I begged my nurse for drugs, she checked me, NO progress.....oh did I get discouraged. I sat up in my bed, started bawling....3:30 comes and I tell her "I need to push" in between gasps of air-sure enough, I'm complete and I hear them paging my MD overhead to get to L&D stat. She walks in the birthing room the same time DS is born-3:37PM. Total labor time-37 minutes.

Needless to say, both were natural. I didn't want it that way but had no other choice. Labor hurts, no doubt about it. Can you do it? Sure-as someone stated, women have for years. But PLEASE do not get discouraged or down on yourselves (thinking you cheated yourself and/or your baby) if you decide to accept pain meds and/or an epidural. In today's technilogical world, there's no reason why women need to suffer needlessly when there are plenty of pain relief measures available.

Sorry this got so long-I tend to get babbly this time of night. I just wanted to add, as I will never forget, that I have an angel awaiting me....I lost a baby September 15, 1994-in between my kids. :angel:

I'll sneak back out now the way I came in.....thanks for letting me invade your territory for a bit!! :tiptoe:

mjaclyn
08-08-2006, 09:37 AM
Thank you so much for the birth stories!! :) My mom had pretty short births as well - I was 5 hours, my brother was 2 hours and my sister was 1 hour. Is that kind of thing hereditary?

Everyone keeps pressuring me to 'go natural' but I'm really not sure what I want to do yet. On one hand, I've heard a LOT of horror stories about having an epidural and I'm kind of afraid to get one, but the thought of being in that much pain...I may need it. I was considering a 'walking epidural' (i think that's what it's called) where the pain is dulled but not completely gone and you can still feel yourself enough to push. There's something that freaks me out a little bit when I think of being completely numb from my tummy down. I really want to be awake and aware of what's going on. I want to talk to my doctor about the options for pain relief.

I have SO many questions to ask my doctor during my next visit!! I was reading about what they actually do during birth and I had no idea about enemas, shaving and episiotomy. Do you have to go through that?? I'm starting to think I may be in much more pain after the baby is born...lol.

amyn2610
08-08-2006, 10:40 AM
Thankfully, the days of receiving a shave & enema upon admission are LONG GONE!

Episiotomy is a question that unfortunately can't be answered until you're pushing & the doc sees whether or not tissue can stretch or need some help. :mickey:

Flower
08-10-2006, 04:46 PM
I FAILED....... :( :mad:

I had my gluc test yesterday, the doctors office just called to say my levels are 9.1 when 7 is supposed to be normal, so....I get to do the 2 hour test now - yippee.....Wish me luck that it goes okay, I probably will not do it until early next week though due to my work schedule.

UGGGGHHH!!!!!!

Terra
08-11-2006, 09:33 AM
I FAILED....... :( :mad:

I had my gluc test yesterday, the doctors office just called to say my levels are 9.1 when 7 is supposed to be normal, so....I get to do the 2 hour test now - yippee.....Wish me luck that it goes okay, I probably will not do it until early next week though due to my work schedule.

UGGGGHHH!!!!!!

Ahhh...I'm sorry...I'm sending lots of :pixie: that you pass the three hour!!
I'm sure you will...it seems alot of women fail the one hour and pass the 3 hour!!
Keep us posted...

How is everyone feeling by the way??? ARe the babies jumping and moving in there???

Mine moves alot!!!!! Especially between 8:00-11pm at night...He moves for about 3 hours straight....but it's amazing!!

Flower
08-11-2006, 07:48 PM
Thanks Terra...Just frustrating to have to sit there and hoping that everything is okay.

My little one is jumping like mad lately! Last night was very neat, I was laying in the bathtub (TMI sorry!!!!), anyway, the baby was kicking and the water was gently rippling around me - it was so cool!!!!!

I have pretty much decided to go with a midwife agency. It means I can have the baby at the nice new hospital with the bathtub, as opposed to the very old hospital with archaic facilities. I was fortunate enough that the midwife company had someone move out of town and this opened up a spot for me in November!!! The nice hospital is also where my best friend works, so even if she is working she can come and see me on her breaks and such.

Unfortunately in Canada, our medical coverage will not pay for both a midwife and a doctor, so, it looks like I am going to have to 'fire' my OB/GYN and have the midwives take over care. I will know more over the next few weeks once I see my doctor and actually meet with the agency and make my final decision. Right now though, the midwives are seeming like the way to go.

Off for another bath, my back is KILLING me tonight.

How is everyone else?

mjaclyn
08-14-2006, 09:11 AM
Hi all!

I'm sorry about your Gluc test, Flower. :( Definitely let us know how it goes!!

I have my regular monthly appointment today (I'm now 29 weeks). The baby has been moving a LOT and will sometimes kick and punch at the same time! LOL She seems to also be very active at night - I hope that doesn't mean she's going to sleep all day and be up all night! :)

I've been having a hard time getting comfortable in bed. Now I sleep with two pillows behind my head, one pillow between my legs, and I make DH squish his back up against my back so I have support from all angles. It's been helping somewhat but I still have back pain during the day. Anyone else?

Terra
08-14-2006, 09:40 AM
I've been having a hard time getting comfortable in bed. Now I sleep with two pillows behind my head, one pillow between my legs, and I make DH squish his back up against my back so I have support from all angles. It's been helping somewhat but I still have back pain during the day. Anyone else?

Oh my goodness...are we the same person??? lol.. :)

I can't get comfortable at all either...and I toss and turn all night and go to the restroom at least 4 times...so I am not sleeping at all...!!!

I'll have to remember the tip though about having DH put his back to mine for support...because my back kills me too in the morning!!

Luckily I passed my Glucose test..[I'm honestly amazed!!] However, they did find that I am anemic which also explains why I'm extra tired!!

Let us know how your appointment goes today!
Oh and my little guy moves ALL night too...lol...however they say that it's usually because we are finally still and we can feel it more!

mjaclyn
08-14-2006, 11:16 AM
Great to hear that you passed the glucose test!! During my last visit I found out that I'm anemic too so my doctor prescribed Iron pills. Did your doctor say anything to you about an iron supplement? It's been really helping me a lot - I haven't felt dizzy at all since I started taking the Iron. I'm still tired, but I think since I work full time and have a pretty busy schedule that contributes to it as well. *yawn* :)

Terra
08-14-2006, 01:25 PM
They did get iron pills for me thank goodness...I pick them up tonight!

But I'm like you...I work full time too so I still think I'll be somewhat tired....eeks..

Flower
08-16-2006, 07:23 PM
Sorry to hear you are both anemic, I am not even sure if my doctor has ordered that in my bloodwork yet.

I too am extremely tired, but with waking up at 4 am most mornings and not being able to get back to sleep - that could explain why too!

I see my doctor tomorrow so I will be talking about my blood results.

As for my 3 hour gluc results, I got a call from his receptionist today "The results were not conclusive for gestational diabetes, however, one of the tests came back with elevated values of impaired glucose intolerance, so he will likely be monitoring you more closely now." Again, I will talk to him tomorrow about this. Considering I have polycystic ovarian syndrome and my glucose levels were messed up before I got pregnant, I cannot say I am entirely surprised.

We bought our crib & dressers finally!!!! They were on sale at Sears so I saved about $170.00!!!! :baby:

Anyone else with updates?

Terra
08-18-2006, 01:04 PM
Well I am now almost 7 months along in the my pregnancy and I thank God for everyday that goes by and the baby is good!!! After 2 losses I seem to still live in a bit of fear everyday!!

Anyway...back on topic..
DH and I finally have an a prenatal interview with a Pediatrician. We need to select one for our son before he is born so that the doctor can authorize his release from the hospital...

So I am new to all of this...
What kinds of questions should I be asking at the interview..??? Sorry, I know this is a dumb question :blush: ...but I want to make sure that my baby has a great doctor who really cares!

Thanks in advance!!

MsMin
08-18-2006, 01:18 PM
It's been a while for me but I would want to know how soon after the birth will he/she get to the hosp for the first exam.
Ask about his/her views on breast feeding. I always found that a big one. I think this would give you an idea on their views on current trends. I don't know what your plans are but I had an old guy once who thought all women were failures at it and should strickly stick to formula. We had moved to Opelousas La and he fussed at me b/c I was b/fing my dd and she had gained only 1lb in her first two weeks. My SIL is a pediatrician in Mobile and I am was up to date on what was expected, in her book a pound was great, she was happy if a baby had maintained his birthweight since they lose a little after birth.
So I would find topics that are important to you about development, preventative medicine and nutrition and see if the doctor is close to what you plan.
Does that help any? I would also want to know how they handle "on call".

Terra
08-18-2006, 01:30 PM
It's been a while for me but I would want to know how soon after the birth will he/she get to the hosp for the first exam.
Ask about his/her views on breast feeding. I always found that a big one. I think this would give you an idea on their views on current trends. I don't know what your plans are but I had an old guy once who thought all women were failures at it and should strickly stick to formula. We had moved to Opelousas La and he fussed at me b/c I was b/fing my dd and she had gained only 1lb in her first two weeks. My SIL is a pediatrician in Mobile and I am was up to date on what was expected, in her book a pound was great, she was happy if a baby had maintained his birthweight since they lose a little after birth.
So I would find topics that are important to you about development, preventative medicine and nutrition and see if the doctor is close to what you plan.
Does that help any? I would also want to know how they handle "on call".

Awesome!! Thank you!! I can't a believe a doctor would dis nursing...I mean a doctor of all people whould know the benefits of it over formula feeding..weird!

Thank you for your input! :thumbsup:

Terra
08-18-2006, 01:44 PM
Thanks for moving my post to here...[how do you techs work your magic!!] :blush: ...I didn't even think of posting it on this thread...duh for me! :secret:

DisneyAggies
08-18-2006, 01:58 PM
Good topic...

Ask about their position on breastfeeding. This I think is the single most important thing that you agree on (if you plan on breastfeeding). Many doctors inadvertently sabotage breastfeeding relationships by pushing supplementation early on. Breastfed babies can grow very differently from formula fed babies. Ask which growth charts they use. There are charts out for formula fed babies and breastfed babies--that can make a big difference when looking at their "percentiles."

Ask about the immunizations that their office gives (combo vac. vs singles). Some parents prefer the combo, others prefer the singles...it's up to you.

Ask about their thoughts on weaning, co-sleeping, sleep routines in general. For nutrition--ask about starting solids, their thoughts on juice, etc.

Ask about when the he/she will be there to examine the baby after he is born. Ask if the doctor has privileges at the hospital you are delivering at and if they do, will perform your son's circumcision (if you choose to do this).

Also, talk with them, ask about their kids/family. Ask what they like the most about their job, and what they like least. Get to know the person--you should be very comfortable being open and honest with them. They should respect your opinions as parents and help guide you in raising your child.

For us, it's always important for our doctors to have a good sense of humor--so we always check for that!! :)

Good luck!

MouseFanatic
08-18-2006, 02:06 PM
Even though I am not expecting, I want to send Congratulations out to all of you who are. My children are 19 and 21 but they are still my "babies". You all will soon find out what it feels like to have your heart walking around outside of your body.

Good luck to you all. :baby:

DisneyAggies
08-18-2006, 02:25 PM
Is anyone going for a 4-D ultrasound? I have one booked for the end of the month, I have to pay for it though. Has anyone done it and do you feel it was worth it?

I had one when I was 29 weeks along with my DS. It was pricey, but DH and I both agreed it was SO worth it!! We loved the entire experience...it was nice to put a face with the little guy inside. We also enjoyed watching the DVD over and over and sending the pictures out to family. We also noticed that after DS was born, he still did many of the same things that he did in the womb (I mean, duh! Where else would he get it...) But, it was neat to actually see that he did that before he was born. One example, DS had very poor control over his index finger, so he pointed the 2nd finger on each hand ALL the time! Well, we have one of the 3-D ultrasound photos of him doing the same thing!! It is also sweet to see them smile/grimace...just like they do when they are sleeping once they are born.

Enjoy it!

Terra
08-18-2006, 02:37 PM
Great thank you DisneyAggies!!!!! I think sense of humor and a good bedside personality are a must too!!!
I'm so nervous thinking about it all!!

Terra
08-18-2006, 02:47 PM
I had one when I was 29 weeks along with my DS. It was pricey, but DH and I both agreed it was SO worth it!! We loved the entire experience...it was nice to put a face with the little guy inside. We also enjoyed watching the DVD over and over and sending the pictures out to family. We also noticed that after DS was born, he still did many of the same things that he did in the womb (I mean, duh! Where else would he get it...) But, it was neat to actually see that he did that before he was born. One example, DS had very poor control over his index finger, so he pointed the 2nd finger on each hand ALL the time! Well, we have one of the 3-D ultrasound photos of him doing the same thing!! It is also sweet to see them smile/grimace...just like they do when they are sleeping once they are born.

Enjoy it!

I'm having mine towards the end of Sept at my OB!! woo hoo :) I am very thankful that my insurance pays for it...they won't pay for a DVD of course..but I think I'll probably pass on that anyway since it's $100...eek...
I can't wait to see what my little one looks like!!

I would suggest thought that if you can have it done through your OB...if they don't offer it then you can always ask who they recommened because some of the places that are not medically affiliated are not always regulated and the technicians are not always trained...

The FDA has more information...
If this link violates TOS you can remove it :)
http://www.fda.gov/fdac/features/2004/104_images.html
Or you can always go to the FDA website and type in Keepsake Ultrasound and it will bring some links up for you...

Just an FYI...it's better to have too much information than not enough!

TigChatt
08-19-2006, 05:34 PM
Well, its been awhile for me to type anything. I get long enough to lurk! I have been raising Jackson by myself for a month b/c hubby has been in Nevada with the military. It has been tough but I'm almost done! Aug 25th is hubby's return date. Jackson developed colic at 6wks, and now at 9wks is almost over it. The screaming goes right through you. Everyone tells you that its ok for babies to cry, I cant let my baby cry like that just to get a shower. Invest in a couple of boxes of those Mylicon drops, they are worth it to have around. I got lucky enough that around 7wks, he started sleeping through the night (8:30 or 9pm to 4:30 or 5am) and I love it. Let's see...oh he is holding his head up really good now, no flopping at all. And I love it when he talks to me, his daddy on the phone, and his toys! He tries so hard to make sounds that I ended up laughing because he's so cute! Sorry that its so long but I havent been able to type lately.

mjaclyn
08-22-2006, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the update, TigChatt! :) It must be hard for you to be without your DH right now, but at least he'll be coming home soon! :)

I'm 30 weeks today and I can't believe the pregnancy is almost over! Only 10 more weeks to go!! I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I can't wait to see my baby but I'm worried about the delivery - the pain, healing afterwards, how long it might take, etc. I guess you just have to wait and try to go with the flow. I'm going to sign up for a prenatal class that covers what to expect so hopefully I'll be more comfortable after that.

Heartburn has been a KILLER lately!! I keep Tums by my bed LOL.

I also took the plunge and cut all my hair off. :( I'm a little depressed about it but it will be SO much easier to maintain once the baby is born. My hair was about to the middle of my back and now it's right below my chin. A big change - but it will always grow back, right? :)

Has anyone had a baby shower yet? My mom is throwing me a small shower (just close friends and family) this Saturday. My sister wants to throw another shower in the middle of October for all of our friends (yikes!). I feel big and uncomfortable now - I can't imagine what I'm going to feel like two weeks before my due date. I almost want to tell her to wait until after the baby is born but she's the type of person who would get really offended. Bleh...I hate these situations.

How is everyone doing?

Flower
08-22-2006, 12:34 PM
Tigg,
That must be so hard without DH with you, I can't even begin to imagine. Glad to hear little Jackson is doing well though and letting you get some good sleep!!!

mjaclyn,
Sorry about the heartburn. What a big decision for your hair!!! I did the same thing a few years back and am trying to grow it long again now. I love being able to bunch it up in a hair clip and go!

I did my long sugar test and everything is okay according to the doc. One blood sample was a little high, he just wants me to stay off the sugary things - tough because all I have been wanting of lately is Five Alive, and of course there is alot of sugar in juice!

There has been no mention of a baby shower for me yet - I don't know if I will get one as there were 2 for me when we adopted Brandon. Totally different situation though as Brandon was 18 months when we got him - I have nothing for a newborn. I would prefer to wait until after the baby is born though - talk to your sister, I am sure she will understand.

Otherwise, things are going well - alot of movement today! I realized yesterday that I only have 8-9 weeks left to work - wow has it ever gone by fast!

How about baby names? We have a girls name, have not even considered boys names yet. :baby:

Terra,
I was thinkin of yah last night! There was a show on TV about Spook Hill in Lake Wales! We have been by it but have never actually tried it - it may be something for us to do in January though.

Terra
08-29-2006, 09:22 AM
Well, I had my first official trip to L&D today! [Warning in advance...sorry this is long :) ]
Sunday evening I noticed that my little guy's movements slowed down significantly!

So I laid down and did my kick count and he only moved about 3 times in a hour.
So I drank something sugary and ate something sugary too, laid back down and counted again...Only about 4 movements...
I have a doppler so I kept listening to the heartbeat and it was fine so I wasn't too worried...but I hated to be overly paranoid and go running to L&D last night for nothing...so all night I would wake up like every hour to see if he was moving...He didn't alot...I would coax him a bit and he would move a little and then stop...only about 2 movments each time...I slept maybe 3 hours!

So this morning I hate breakfast [cherrios, toast and OJ]thinking Oh, he's having a slow day so he'll start moving soon...and I went to work...just a few little kicks and that was it...so I called my OB and she said go ahead to L&D and get monitored even though I had a DA this afternoon anyway...

So I went and spent the next 4 1/2 hours there!!
As soon as they hooked up the monitors wouldn't you know it...Ka-Pow...Kick Kick...Punch Punch...roll...turn...flutter....NON stop for about 1 1/2 hours!!!He was being a stinker for his mommy already!! The HB was great ranging from 130-160....The L&D nurse left me on the monitor for 3 hours and she said he looks great...but the doctor ordered an U/S just in case to measure fluid and and check the placenta and umbilical cord...He scored an 8 out of 8..PERFECT....
So they sent me onto my appointment for the routine weight and BP check...and all was great there...my BP was 116/60...And they are having me come back Thursday for about 20 more minutes of fetal monitoring just to be sure!!

Anyway...they highly stressed doing the kick count regulary now...[which I was anyway, that's why I got worried]...

Now my advice...and what they told me!!....
Please, please, please be sure to do your kick counts!! They are vitally important to helping determine if they're may a problem....the kick count sheet they gave me said that the movments should be no less than 10 per 2 hour period [when you're monitoring...and try to monitor at the same time everyday]..If you don't get 10 movments then drink something sugary and lay back down on your left side and count again...again...if 10 counts can not be detected then call your doctor right away during normal business hours OR go to L&D after hours to get monitored...

They gold me that in some cases it can even help prevent stillbirth [God forbid!!] They said some women will come in and say they haven't felt the baby in a week and then the worst has happened!! A day is too long they said!! The nurse was a upset with me [in a good way] that I didn't come last night! So now I know to go right away if I even suspect a change in his activity...

Anyway...I just wanted to update you and pass on what I've learned :)

disneynarula
08-29-2006, 06:43 PM
That is pretty scary. I am glad that everything is fine. My little guy kicks all the time and wakes me up all the time. The other night he even woke up DH when we were snuggling.

I have not been posting alot. DS really keeps me running and I hate to spend a lot of time on the computer when we only have about six weeks left with just the two of us.

Terra
08-29-2006, 08:03 PM
That is pretty scary. I am glad that everything is fine. My little guy kicks all the time and wakes me up all the time. The other night he even woke up DH when we were snuggling.

I have not been posting alot. DS really keeps me running and I hate to spend a lot of time on the computer when we only have about six weeks left with just the two of us.

Wow!!! Only 6 weeks...how exciting for you :)
I don't blame you one bit for spending time with you DS right now :)

Yeah, it was scary...and usually things are just fine...but I wanted to be safe rather than sorry! And today of course baby boy is all over the place...lol...

amyn2610
08-30-2006, 12:37 AM
I'm very thankful all turned out okay-that happened to me too with DD. I was about 28-30 weeks along-and she completely stopped moving...this kid was ALWAYS doing something. I went right in & everything was fine-of course she started kicking & punching me again as soon as I got there-relieved me nonetheless.

Hope everyone else is doing okay!!

mjaclyn
08-30-2006, 10:31 AM
Glad to hear everything is alright! :) My baby kept me up awhile last night - she was going crazy! My mom threw me a baby shower this past weekend and it was a lot of fun. We were able to get a bunch of baby things that we really needed and seeing all the adorable clothes makes me so excited!! I really hope it's a girl now because otherwise I'll have to return lots of little pink things, LOL.

I started going for my doctor's appts every two weeks now and just went yesterday. The doc said everything was looking great! DH and I are going to lamaze in a couple of weeks. I also signed up for a prenatal class and a pre-baby visit with the pediatrician. The only thing I have left to do is tour the hospital - has anyone done that yet?

The baby's room is getting there - my parents offered to come over on Labor Day to help DH paint it. I'm going to go with a nice pale yellow just in case 'she' turns out to be a boy. We ordered the crib but it probably won't arrive for another 6 weeks - I can't wait to see the room all set up!! :)

How is everyone else doing? I'm feeling pretty good - just really tired and sometimes out of breath. I can be standing up and talking to someone and then suddenly be out of breath. I don't like that feeling at all but the doctor says it's normal. Has anyone else had that problem?

disneynarula
08-30-2006, 03:11 PM
I get out of breath too and it happens at the strangest times. I can do a whole spinning class at the gym and be fine but then I get out of breath carrying my two year old to bed.

I had appt today. The baby turned and now he is in a breach position. My midwife gave me all this "homework" to get the little guy in a better position but I am still concerned. Now we have to go back next week to see if it worked. I had a feeling he had turned because I felt this strong movement I knew had to be more than a kick and now I can feel this big lump near my ribs.

I also talked to her about my heartburn. I know some other people had problems with this and she told me several things besides the tums and not eating spicy foods. She said not to drink anything with meals and not to drink an hour before or after I eat. She also said not to lie down for an hour after I ate. I am going to try this today. My hearburn has been really terrible and the tums don't seem to work anymore.

cinderella crazy
08-30-2006, 04:50 PM
I wish I had seen this thread earlier! I just had my daughter on July 17th. I could have been conversing with you ladies. Hope everyone is having a wonderful pregnancy!

Flower
08-30-2006, 10:32 PM
Terra,
Glad to hear that everything is okay! I know how unsure I can get and given both of our histories I don't think anyone could blame us. I think I am still in shoock and hope everyday for my litle ones safe arrival.

I met with the midwife earlier this week - I will not decide on whether to keep my doctor or switch to the midwife until I find out if the placenta is still laying low. If it is still low, I will stick with my doctor. If it has moved, I will go with the midwife - She would only refer me back to an OB if it is laying low anyway, so I see no point in switching over yet.

I go tomorrow for my 4D ultrasound - I can't wait!

I went shopping tonight and am a little bummed at not knowing if it is a boy or girl - I am looking forward to the 'surprise' and am glad we are waiting until birth, but man do I ever want to shop for clothes and cannot really find alot of non-gender specific colours.

Mjaclyn,
We had our hospital tour about a month ago. The hospital my OB has rights at is OLD and I really was not impressed. If I go with the midwife, they have rights at a hospital that is only 5 years old and everything is modern. That is one of the main reasons I will go with the midwife, plus I like the constant care you get with them, and you know who will be delivering the baby as opposed to any on call doctor I have not even met.

DH is almost done the drywall in the basement, once that is sone we have to paint, install floors, ceiling and trim. Once all of that is done we can move my craft stuff out of the soon-to-be babys nursery and start getting it ready. I painted it a lilac/perrywinkle colour last December, it will be a good nursery colour for a while so I do not have to paint. I want to get the carpets cleaned before we set up the furniture. The baby's furniture is slated to arrive September 27th, so I still am a month off.

Disneynarula,
That is too funny that the little one woke up DH the other night! I hope everything works out with the heartburn and shortness of breath - I admire you for doing a spinning class!

Cinderella,
Congrats on your daughter. Please feel free to join us and keep us posted on her progress. We are all looking for tips from all moms! As the original post says, New moms & moms to be!

Terra
08-31-2006, 08:51 AM
Terra,
Glad to hear that everything is okay! I know how unsure I can get and given both of our histories I don't think anyone could blame us. I think I am still in shoock and hope everyday for my litle ones safe arrival.

I totally agree..that's how I feel everyday!! I know we'll be so thrilled beyond words once we are holding them in our arms!!!

I hope that it all works out for you to switch to your midwife!!
And have fun at the 4D u/s!!!!
You'll have to post a link so we can see the pictures!!!!
I have mine sometime near the end of Sept I believer!!

Terra
08-31-2006, 08:53 AM
I wish I had seen this thread earlier! I just had my daughter on July 17th. I could have been conversing with you ladies. Hope everyone is having a wonderful pregnancy!

Welcome cinderella!!! We're glad you're here!!!
How's your beautful daughter doing???

Flower
08-31-2006, 03:51 PM
I went for my 4D ultrasound today.

The little one was practically curled up in a ball, and was holding his/her feet most of the time! Very cute! :baby:

I got a few pictures and a DVD, but I was a tad disappointed that the baby wasn't very active. Of course, now that I am home and typing all of this the kicks are coming fast & furious!

Oh well, at least the little one seems to be doing well and appears healthy!

Terra
08-31-2006, 06:21 PM
I went for my 4D ultrasound today.

The little one was practically curled up in a ball, and was holding his/her feet most of the time! Very cute! :baby:

I got a few pictures and a DVD, but I was a tad disappointed that the baby wasn't very active. Of course, now that I am home and typing all of this the kicks are coming fast & furious!

Oh well, at least the little one seems to be doing well and appears healthy!

Yeah!! how exciting...I wish there was a way to post them so we could see!! Could you tell who the baby looks like? You or DH? We have ours Sept 12th and I can't wait!!!

maizey05
09-02-2006, 12:08 AM
:tink: Hello fellow Mommy's-to-be. I'm today 5 months along with my first pregnancy. I will be yet another month prego, when we go on our vacation. Can't wait for the ultrasound coming up soon, as then I will know weather to buy pink or blue baby Disney things.

Terra
09-02-2006, 01:28 PM
:tink: Hello fellow Mommy's-to-be. I'm today 5 months along with my first pregnancy. I will be yet another month prego, when we go on our vacation. Can't wait for the ultrasound coming up soon, as then I will know weather to buy pink or blue baby Disney things.

Congrats :clappy: How exciting...
Keep us posted on the 'pink or blue' ... lol!!!
Have a great vacation too :)

mjaclyn
09-05-2006, 10:46 AM
Hi all!
Here's my weekly update:

Labor Day weekend was good - it was really nice to have an extra day off before returning to work. DH and I decided to make our current guest room the baby's room, and the other (empty) room our guest room so we wouldn't have to spend a lot of time painting. I think this is a better idea anyway since the guest room is larger and will fit the baby furniture better. We have the changing table in there along with lots of other baby gifts I received at my shower last weekend. I can't wait for the baby to come! She's kicking up a storm right now. LOL

I also attended my friend's baby shower (she's about 5 weeks ahead of me and due on September 25th). I love seeing all the adorable clothes people pick out for the baby. I really felt bad for my friend though because she's very uncomfortable. I really REALLY hope that I'm not that big and uncomfortable three weeks before my due date. I'm already uncomfortable, but at least it's bearable - I just hope I don't gain too much more weight. I had to get some more maternity clothes this past weekend because I've grown out of the ones I have!!! Ugh...

This Saturday is our first Lamaze class! I'm excited. :)

How is everyone doing?

Terra
09-05-2006, 02:42 PM
Sounds like the shower was great!! And look at you getting the nursery all together!!

We start Lamzae this coming Monday!! :clappy:
And then Tuesday the 12th we have our 3D u/s..woo hoo...

We finally decided on a name!! David Scott :)

I'm uncomfortable as well! I can't breath well at night and my nose stays stuffy all the time!

The neat thing is though that I can tell the baby is getting bigger because his quicks are more robust and the movements are bigger if that makes sense?? Like I can feel his arms and legs moving across the my belly...really cool! :)

prprincess
09-05-2006, 03:20 PM
Hi mommies to be! I can't believe that I didn't come across this thread until today. I read through all nine pages, and I though I'd post--I'm 9 weeks and 5 days along with my second child, so I'm due on April 5, 2007. I look forward to hearing more about your pregnancies, and sharing some of my experiences as well. :)

disneynarula
09-05-2006, 03:33 PM
We did not have time for Lamaze classes but we are meeting with a private birth coach this week. We are going to try the Bradley method this time.

I had my second session with the chiropracter but the baby is still heads up. The chiro showed DH how to do the adjustment at home because it needs to be done every other day.

As soon as the baby turns he is going to do pelvic adjustemts. This is supposed to reduce back labor.

Terra
09-05-2006, 04:45 PM
Hi mommies to be! I can't believe that I didn't come across this thread until today. I read through all nine pages, and I though I'd post--I'm 9 weeks and 5 days along with my second child, so I'm due on April 5, 2007. I look forward to hearing more about your pregnancies, and sharing some of my experiences as well. :)

Yeah!!! congrats on your pregnancy and I'm wishing a happy & healthy 9 months!! Welcome to the club!!

Disneynarula,
I heard the Bradley method is awesome...there were no classes close to us so we couldn't do it!
Let us know how it goes!!

cinderella crazy
09-06-2006, 11:05 AM
Hello everyone!

Well, I've made it through seven weeks with a toddler and a newborn! :whew: Hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be. Although I have had some moments when I've wanted to pull my hair out! Unfortunately, my son decided to share a cold so my daughter and I have been recovering.

prprincess - Congratulations! How old is your first child?

Terra - That's a nice name! Are they family names? It's always nice when you can feel those movements! Eventually they get so big that they don't move around as much.

Flower - That is so neat! My doctor got a 3D ultrasound machine later in my pregnancy so I didn't have one done.

mjaclyn
09-07-2006, 09:59 AM
Ugh. I had a horrible experience yesterday that I need to get off my chest. (it's long)

The past couple of days I thought the baby wasn't moving as much as she normally does. She was still moving around and kicking - it just didn't seem as active as usual. I recently read online and in different pregnancy books that around this time the baby will have decreased movement because he/she is running out of room. I've also been pretty busy so the baby could have been sleeping while I was running errands.

Anyway, I called the doctor's office yesterday morning just to see what they thought. They told me to come in right away which really scared me. When I got there I was rudely told that everyone was on their lunch break from 12 to 1 (it was just about 12). I then explained to the receptionist that the person on the phone told me to come in right away (which was about 10 minutes before I arrived). I waited about 20 minutes and saw the doctor who proceeded to yell at me about how I should have come in right away. She kept saying that she couldn't believe I waited two days (which I hadn't) and the baby could be in real trouble. When she and the nurse left the room I just broke down and cried. I couldn't believe how mean they were acting towards me, especially since the baby HAD been moving it was just a little less than usual. I also had NOT waited two whole days to come in. I had waited one day and come in the very next morning. She really made me feel awful - like a terrible person who couldn't care less about her baby.

Then the nurse came in and saw me crying (very embarrassing) so I explained to her what I had read and that I didn't think a little less movement was such an emergency. She was nicer than the doctor.

I was hooked up to a fetal monitor for half an hour and had to press a button every time I felt the baby move. The doctor said everything looked fine but I had to go get an ultrasound anyway. I left the office and headed over to the other office for the ultrasound - which took forever. Everything looked good in the ultrasound but I haven't received confirmation yet from the doctor. The great thing about all of this was that the technician confirmed it's a girl!! :)

On a side note: This is my first baby and I've honestly learned more about pregnancy reading the books I have than from any of the doctors I've seen. In the practice I go to, they have about 8 or 9 doctors which you rotate through to meet all of them. I always feel like they rush me out of there and don't take the time to really make me feel comfortable or get to know me. They're also very inconsistent in the way they act. For instance, I came into the office one time before this for the same reason. I saw a different doctor and all she did was listen to the baby's heartbeat and let me go. That was it - no emergency, no yelling, no monitoring, no ultrasound. VERY different from this latest experience. DH and I both decided that if we have another baby, we're definitely going with a different practice. I only have about 7 1/2 weeks left so I don't want to change now, but I don't like the way I've been treated. Each and every time being rushed through the process - getting impatient looks from the doctors when I have questions - and now being yelled at when I was already stressed out about the baby. Pregnancy should be a happy time, and the doctor you work with should do all they can to make you feel comfortable and relaxed.

I feel better now. :) Thanks for listening.

amyn2610
09-07-2006, 11:12 AM
:hug: That's for the awful day you had yesterday Mjaclyn!! I can't STAND docs like that. Unfortunately, it's how things are nowadays. When I had my kids in the military healthcare system I was treated the same way with DD. She was my first and I saw a gazillion people-none of which ended up delivering me, he was a complete stranger anyway! Afer I had that visit at 36 weeks thinking my water broke where they discovered I was already 4/80%/0, they had me so scared to NOT come in to the hospital unless my contractions were EXACTLY two minutes apart!! It was precisely that reason that DD was almost delivered on the floorboard of our car-had I waited for my contractions to get consistent she would have been delivered at home!!

Anyway, I'm glad all has checked out just fine. What are you planning to name your little princess?

Terra, I love those names for your little guy!! How are you feeling these days?

Everyone take care and I will sneak back out of this post for now..... :tiptoe: :lurk:

DisneyAggies
09-07-2006, 01:42 PM
Mjaclyn--

So sorry you had to go through that! I'm glad that you and the little one are ok...

Just a suggestion, but write a letter now outlining why you will no longer be a patient(write it now as your "free" time will be very limited after she is born). Then, after your daughter is born send the letter to let the practice know your concerns and why you will no longer be a patient there.

Hang in there--the best part is yet to come!

prprincess
09-07-2006, 01:53 PM
prprincess - Congratulations! How old is your first child? Thanks! My son will be 21 months old come Monday. So he'll be a little over 2 years old once this baby comes.

mjaclyn--I'm so sorry to hear about your experience yesterday. But you do have a good plan--just hang in there, and then when it's time for #2 find another practice. It's a shame because it's all to common amongst women I know--it's hard to find a good, caring OB/GYN.

disneynarula
09-07-2006, 04:53 PM
We had a very negative experience with our first baby too. We always felt rushed, saw quite a few doctors and ended up being delivered by the one I disliked the most. I ended up with what I felt was an unessecary c -section. I also always felt like I had no control of my medical care.

When I went for my post partum check up she was actually mad that I brought the baby with me. She asked me why I couldn't find someone to watch him.

We are going with a midwife this time and I could not be happier. There are three in the practice and I really feel like we have a relationship with all of them. They know us my name (DH, DS, and Me) without having to look at a chart. They also take a really long time to explain everything and even remember DS(2) favorite toys.

They have suggested so many ways for me to me proactive about my birth experience. The baby was breech and they suggested several non invasive ways to fix the problem including seeing a chiropracter and excerices to do at home and it really worked.

We had a sonogram today to confirn that the baby is heads down and he was!!

We love the midwifes and reallly feel that they care about us as people and not just names on a chart.

I know some people are concerned about not going with an OBGYN but our midwife has actually delivered more babies than our OBGYN. As long as you are at the hospital there is always an OBYN on hand if there is an emergency.

A midwife also stays in the room with you instead of peeking in and out every hour like an OB.

If you are really unhappy it is not too late too switch. I wish I had. You might want to call your insurance company and see how that works.

If you are unhappy with them now imagine how it is going to be when you are in labor!

Terra
09-07-2006, 05:42 PM
:hug: Mjaclyn....so sorry that you had a scare like that!!! And so sorry that your doctor and the office acted in such a way!!! goodness, it's not like we aren't already upset and worried when things like that happen...I"m so glad that everything is great though!!

I had the same thing happen a couple of weeks back...I waited overnight and I called my doctor in the morning and they were soooo nice and told me to get to L&D right away for monitoring as well...all turned out good with me too! So now I do my whole "Kick Count" thing!

I do know they sometimes have slower days...but I never know if I should still run to L&D if one day the movents are a little less or not....!!

Can you believe you are so close!!! How exciting!!!!!!!
I only have 10 weeks!!! woo hoo....

Flower
09-10-2006, 03:51 PM
Mjaclyn,
Sorry your doctor/nurse were so mean! What a horrible way to be treated, is there anyone you can complain to, or are all of the doctors partners at the practice?

Things have been crazy busy here lately, no rest for the wicked I guess!

This past Wednesday I had another ultrasound; the placenta apparently has moved according to the tech (I still need the official word from my DR), so everything should be okay for a normal delivery!

Friday I had a tour with the hospital I really want to deliver in, it is so nice! Next Wednesday I will meet with another midwife service and possibly sign on with them once I get the okay from my doctor the following Monday that the placenta has infact moved enough to not be a concern.

I got a cute (regular) ultrasound photo of the baby's foot sticking straight up in the air - little kicker!

How was everyone elses weekend?

mjaclyn
09-11-2006, 09:36 AM
Hi everyone! I just wanted to check in and see how you're all doing. My weekend was nice but very busy. I think I over did it a little bit because I was exhausted all weekend.

First, DH and I had our lamaze class on Saturday morning which was very interesting. Then we went home, changed and left to go to our town's craft fair day. I think that was a mistake because it was about 80 degrees and very crowded. I only stayed about an hour and a half before I was so tired and hot that I had to leave. I felt like I was going to faint. After that we went home and rested for about half an hour before I had to make an apple raspberry pie for my parent's anniversary. After that we headed over to my parent's house for an anniversary dessert thing and stayed until about 9pm. I was SO beat by the time we got home that I just crashed. Yesterday was also busy but not as bad as Saturday. We went apple picking which was a lot of fun but I got really tired again after walking all over the orchard. At least the weather was cooler so I wasn't as hot as I was the day before. I love the fall!

Anyway, I'm 33 weeks pregnant today and I'm really starting to finally feel it. I feel very big and heavy with all the extra weight on me. I'm having a lot of back pain at night even though I use a ton of pillows. I honestly can't wait until this whole thing is over and I'm holding my baby in my arms. I just hope the next 7 weeks goes as quickly as the last 8 months have. I'm going stir crazy! LOL Does anyone else feel like this yet or am I going nuts?

Terra
09-11-2006, 09:45 AM
I totally feel the same way!! I can't sleep, my hips are killing me...I would like to take out my spine because it hurts so much...

Plus I'm the biggest paranoid pregnant women ever and constantly worried that something is going to go wrong..so I just want little David here and in my arms safe and sound!!! :thumbsup:

We start our lamaze classes tonight!! Woo hoo...I have another Doctor appointment tomorrow complete with a 3D and regular ultrasound!!

I'm 30 weeks!! It's going by so fast!!!!!!!!

Flower
09-11-2006, 10:06 PM
Glad to hear that I am not the only one who is SORE!!!!

When I am sitting, I am fine. As soon as I stand up and attempt to walk I feel like I am 90 years old :old: and everything around my butt has seized up, my thighs hurt, my hips are sore, and I cannot stand straight up immediately! I look real cute walking around work in my slippers these days - I am not swollen, but man do they ever feel more comfortable than shoes!

This morning I woke up at 3 am and COULD NOT get back to sleep.:sleepin: DH woke up at 0600 and I was in the kitchen bawling :cry: because I 'just want a good nights sleep'.

Otherwise, I feel great at 31 weeks...but looking forward to holding my little one and starting a new chapter. I can't wait to sleep through the night and make DH get up for a feeding or two (Yah, waiting for that to happen too!!!)

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-11-2006, 10:40 PM
Okay, so, I was medically diagnosed PREGNANT today!! I took 2 pregnancy tests on Thursday night, they were both positive. But, of course, I can't believe that they are valid results so, I called my dr on Friday morning, got a blood test done and here I am today... officially expecting our 2nd.

I will be 4 months along when we go in December. My daughter will be 24 months (we're celebrating her b-day there).

When prego with my DD, I was 7 months prego when we went to Disney. And she was 9 months her first time out of the utero....

She is a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse freak!! And I'm proud to have fed her addiction. This next one is going to be just as bad. haahaa :mickey:

Anyways, since I'm due on May 14th, and i'm only 5 weeks, I'll have plenty of time catching up with everyone on this thread. Can't wait to share all the TMI's with you guys!! :thumbsup:

amyn2610
09-11-2006, 11:54 PM
:tiptoe: :lurk: sneakin' in to read your thread...

glad you're all doing okay....I know when I hit 30+ weeks I felt like an elephant & couldn't wait to hold my babies!!

Terra, Flower, & Mjaclyn, I had horrid back pain as well towards the end and in labor-I found out, after both my kids came out face-up "sunny side up", that it's because of the baby's back pressing against mine. Try getting on your hands & knees, rocking back and forth for a bit, or even a heating pad on low on your lower back. Or get your men to rub your lower back as well-that helps.

If you go into labor with your babies in this position we refer to as "posterior", don't freak out. It is harder to deliver babies in this position, but I did it twice. Your nurse and doc will be able to tell and will have you get on your hands & knees as I described above. What was really nice is with DD we didn't know what she was-I got to see, before anyone, her sex when she slid out....I'll never forget that sight either!! :eek:

:hug: for you all....hang in there!!! Till next time....:tiptoe:

Terra
09-12-2006, 09:11 AM
Congratulations Jennifer on your pregnancy!!! I'm sending lots of :pixie: for a happy and healthy 9 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so glad you have joined us!!!!

Flower...I'm right there with you about waking up at night and then being wide awake!!!!

mjaclyn
09-12-2006, 09:35 AM
Jennifer - Congratulations and welcome to the thread!! It's so exciting to have new mommies join!

Amyn - I did hear about that kind of labor at Lamaze class this past weekend. The instructor referred to it as 'back labor' and recommended massage, a heating pad and different things to try and turn the baby. It's good to know that you were able to deliver them both face up.

I'm going to my prenatal class this morning. I hope it's helpful!! DH and I were supposed to meet with the pediatrician and tour the hospital today as well, but he was called into work unexpectedly so we have to reschedule. Hopefully we'll be able to get everything done before the baby comes!!

:)

murphy1
09-12-2006, 10:10 AM
Hi ladies!! Congrats on the pg, it is fun to read this thread. I have been reading about some of you having problems with your dr and wondered if any of you have talked to a midwife if your practice has one? I had a midwife with all three pregnancies. I think people get this idea that a midwife delivers no drugs and at home, not true. It was a wonderful experience for me, and I love nurses b/c they are so caring, not that dr. isn't, but I just loved workign with them. I had all three of my dd's at the hospital, got drugs when I wanted and it was a real team effort. My dr. is actually the one that encouraged me to use them and I was afraid to at first, but I'm glad I did.

Shari

cinderella crazy
09-12-2006, 11:49 AM
mjaclyn - I'm so sorry you had a bad experience at the doctor. I know from presonal experience how frustrating doctors can be. Thankfully I found a wonderful OBGYN that delivered my second child. I wasn't very thrilled with the doctor I had with my first.

Jennifer - :congrats: I hope you're feeling okay.

Flower and Terra - I know how uncomfortable it is toward the end! It's amazing how pregnancy changes your body. But the end result is worth it!

My little one is now 8 weeks old! She's started to smile and coo. It melts my heart everytime! :cloud9:

prprincess
09-12-2006, 07:49 PM
Congrats, Jen--welcome to our little group.

Shari, thanks for bringing the midwife subject up. I'm going to definitely look into it.

disneynarula
09-13-2006, 02:59 AM
I am having trouble sleeping here too,as you can see by my post time. I was having back and hip pain as well but my midwife recommended that I see a chiropracter and it has made a huge difference. I still have trouble finding a comfortable position to sleep in though.

I am really upset with DH because he refuses to read ip on childbirth preperation. He was not helpful at all with DS's birth and we can not find a night where we can both go to a childbirth class. We were talking about a private birth coach but it is too expensive.

mjaclyn
09-14-2006, 11:28 AM
Has anyone thought about what kind of outfit to bring the baby home in? I'm due at the very end of October so I'm thinking it will probably be chilly. I was thinking of a soft undershirt or onesie with one of those sleep sacks over it. I love all the cute little 'outfits' but I think it may be easier for the baby not to have her legs confined to pants. I'm still not sure though...I just want the baby to be comfortable and warm enough without getting overheated.

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-14-2006, 01:21 PM
this is my 2nd and I don't have a symptom to speak of. Nothing like the first time! My 1st dr appointment is on Tuesday. Hopefully everything is going as it should.

tgmousechick
09-14-2006, 01:25 PM
Actually, I would go for pants- there's a logistical issue of the car seat for the ride home- many car seats have a strap that comes up between the legs. If the sleep sack is closed at the bottom, you'll be putting her legs in an uncomfy position for the drive home.

How about a sleep and play with feet? Lightweight cotton gives you the option of covering her with a light blanket if it's chilly.

Just a thought...

Has anyone thought about what kind of outfit to bring the baby home in? I'm due at the very end of October so I'm thinking it will probably be chilly. I was thinking of a soft undershirt or onesie with one of those sleep sacks over it. I love all the cute little 'outfits' but I think it may be easier for the baby not to have her legs confined to pants. I'm still not sure though...I just want the baby to be comfortable and warm enough without getting overheated.

prprincess
09-14-2006, 01:43 PM
Has anyone thought about what kind of outfit to bring the baby home in?I agree with tgmousechick about the pants. It'll be much easier for you to strap her into the car seat.

Also, depending on the size of your baby, you might want to buy them a preemie outfit to come home in. My DS was about 7 lbs. but still swam in his newborn "take home" outfit.

Flower
09-14-2006, 02:48 PM
I bought a cute outfit when we were away 2 weeks ago - I am planning on bringing :baby: home in it. It is a green colour, more of a sage green as opposed to baby-mint green. Since we do not know what we are having, this will hopefully be a good choice! It came with the sleeper, hat & sweater.

I met with the new midwife yesterday and everything went well.I have a doctors apt on Monday and will get the final okay that the placenta has relocated, and provided the appointment goes well I will transfer care over to the midwives service.

Disneynarula,
Sorry to hear that DH is not onboard. Have you looked into a midwife or doula?

disneynarula
09-14-2006, 05:58 PM
Disneynarula,
Sorry to hear that DH is not onboard. Have you looked into a midwife or doula?

We are using a midwife. I am really happy with their serivces and have already told them they will need to coach DH along. It isn't that he doesn't want to help during the birth. He just thinks the birthing classes are a waste of money. He thinks the money would be better spent on the things that the baby needs instead of the birth itself. I am going to make him read the Bradley Books this week.

As far as what to bring the baby home in...
I am just going to put him in a cute long sleeved onsie and little romper pants. If it is cold I have a pooh fleece suit that I brought my other DS home in. The sleep sacks are impossible to get the car seat buckles around safely. We always opted for a warm blanket over the car seat after DS was all buckled in. That way if it get's too hot in the car you can just pull it off. We found this worked even better than the little blankets that are made to zip around the car seat. There is no way you can pull that off when you are driving in the car alone with the baby and it gets too hot in the car. A blanket can be easily taken off with one hand at a red light.

LIttle guy is kicking up a storm again today. My first DS always gave polite kicks but this guy wants his presence known. :D

disneynarula
09-14-2006, 06:07 PM
I had a question for you second and third timers. Did any of you ever challenge the nurses at the hospital about when they could wake the baby and take vitals?

With DS they would come between midnight and three and often wake up DS and myself. I am really going to take a stand this time and not let them wake my sleeping baby.

Anyone else have a similar experience? I was so new to the mommy thing and I felt like I had no say. In hindsight I was thinking that not only is it MY child but I am the one that is paying for their services.

I am also thinking about trying to go home less than 24 hours after the birth. My midwife says that as long as everything went normally they will release me as soon as eight hours after the birth. All I need to do is get a release from our pediatrician. I am sure she will sign it we live less than five minutes from her office.

I just want the baby to get used to home and most importantly sleeping at night time instead of during the day. We were in the hospital with DS for such a long time it took us forever to get him used to home.

I also can't sleep very well in the hospital. I was so tired when we got home from not being able to sleep at night.

mjaclyn
09-15-2006, 09:19 AM
I didn't even think about the middle strap in the car seat - it sounds like a onesie with feet or little pants is the best idea. I can always have extra blankets on hand in case it's cold. The thing I love about the car seat we're getting is that it just snaps into place in the car. That way, DH can bring the seat up to the room so that I can get the baby all comfy and just carry her out in that. It also snaps into the stroller. Anything to make life a little easier! :)

Disneynarula - I didn't even know the nurses come in to check your baby's vitals in the middle of the night. It does make sense but I can definitely see your point. Both baby and I are going to be so exhausted that we'll need all the sleep we can get. I'm going to ask about that ahead of time and make sure they only check her vitals when she wakes up to eat.

prprincess - I think it's a great idea to bring two outfits. I have no idea how big my baby is going to be and I'd hate to see her uncomfortable in clothes that were too large or too small. Thanks for the advice!

cinderella crazy
09-15-2006, 10:25 AM
prprincess - I took two outfits to bring my daughter home in. I also took two outfits for both of my children's pictures (the hospital took pictures of them that you can order).

I didn't think about needing a smaller size outfit with my son but I did this time! I'm glad I did! My son was 8 lbs 8 oz so 0-3 month outfits were okay. My daughter was 7 lbs 15oz and has a smaller frame. So 0-3 month outfits were way too big. She can still fit in newborn clothes and she's over 9 lbs now.

So I would definately take two different size outfits.

disneynarula - With my son they were in and out of the room a lot. I think some of that had to do with what time he was born (after 8:00 at night). Plus, I had them keep him in the nursery till it was time to feed him (thinking I would get some sleep) so they were in and out bringing him back to me. At that time, you had to specifically request to have your child in-room with you.

With my daughter it was a completely different story. I was at the same hospital but their policy changed. She was in the room almost all the time. WHen they did take her out (checking her weight) they did it during the day. I also wasn't there as long. We were released after 24 hours so there wasn't a lot of time for them to interupt us. I also don't sleep well at hospitals so I was happy to be home so quickly.

mjaclyn
09-15-2006, 10:43 AM
Quick question for everyone - I know heartburn is a common pregnancy symptom, but is acid reflux? The past couple of days I've been having some really bad acid reflux in addition to the heartburn. It hurts a lot and really burns my throat. Has anyone else had this problem? Is this just another symptom being caused by the baby pushing on my stomach or should I call my doctor?

prprincess
09-15-2006, 12:37 PM
Quick question for everyone - I know heartburn is a common pregnancy symptom, but is acid reflux? Has anyone else had this problem? Is this just another symptom being caused by the baby pushing on my stomach or should I call my doctor? Oh boy, is it ever!! I had it really bad during my first pregnancy. My doctor told me to just keep poppin' those Tums, but still, call your doctor and see what they suggest. So far I've only had it twice this time around (can you believe, from my prenatals--I stopped taking that particular brand), but I'm sure it's going to hit me again later on in the pregnancy. Good luck--it's awful!

Terra
09-15-2006, 12:59 PM
Oh boy, is it ever!! I had it really bad during my first pregnancy. My doctor told me to just keep poppin' those Tums, but still, call your doctor and see what they suggest. So far I've only had it twice this time around (can you believe, from my prenatals--I stopped taking that particular brand), but I'm sure it's going to hit me again later on in the pregnancy. Good luck--it's awful!

I get it terribly too...I'm usually popping a tums about every 2 hours at night!!! It used to only happen when I laid down of course...but now...I'm even getting it when I'm sitting up!!

Hey I wanted to say to you ladies too, throw me some ~~~~baby face vibes~~~~ today!! I'm going at 3:30 AGAIN to try for our 3D u/s...our little guy is head down and face back and he would not turn his head for anything for us to see him on Tuesday!! Although he was kicking up a storm...silly little stubborn boy already!!

Thanks!!

disneynarula
09-16-2006, 09:11 AM
Heartburn is really bad here too. My midwife suggested a few things that have worked a little. She said not to drink anything an hour before or after I eat. The lliquid just provides more action for the acid. I know this is hard because if you are anything like me you are thirsty all the time. You should also avoid laying down for an hour after you eat.

I also found that juice with high acidity like grapefruit and orange as well as lemonade make it worse. Tomatoes are really bad too.

I think that the liquid antacid works better. It tastes terrible but it provides almost instant relief.

maizey05
09-16-2006, 06:58 PM
Hey there, I see are a member of the "I'm having a baby boy" club. DH and I had our first ultrasound this Wed. and found out we are having a little boy. We had felt we would be having a girl, for some odd reason, so we were very surprised. Good surprised though. Isn't it amazing to see your little one for the first time? Hope all is well for all of you out in pregnancyland.

mjaclyn
09-17-2006, 08:42 PM
Congratulations maizey05 and welcome to the thread!! It's so exciting to welcome new mommies!! (or mommies-to-be :) )

A good friend of mine is now 39 weeks pregnant and her doctor is practically insisting that she have a C-Section. Apparantly the baby is 9lbs already and the doc says he/she will be too large to deliver. I think it's awful that they're trying to force my friend into a C-Section without even giving her a chance to deliver vaginally. My mom's friend gave birth to a 10lb baby last year!! Yes, it will probably be more difficult if the baby is really large but at least give her a chance! This is her first baby too so we've been sharing experiences this whole time. She actually goes to the same practice as I do and now I'm worried that the doctors will try to pressure me into a C-Section as well. I told her to stand her ground and tell the doctor that she wants to at least try to deliver vaginally. I don't see the point of making her have major surgery unless it's for the safety of the baby. She should at least be given a chance to deliver naturally. I'm really getting tired of these doctors. I'm definitely looking into a midwife or at least a completely different practice if we have another baby.

How is everyone this week?

DisneyAggies
09-17-2006, 09:14 PM
A good friend of mine is now 39 weeks pregnant and her doctor is practically insisting that she have a C-Section. Apparently the baby is 9lbs already and the doc says he/she will be too large to deliver.

How are they calculating the baby's weight? From what I understand estimating the baby's weight is not very accurate. Case and point--I had a friend that was pregnant and was about 38 weeks along. They estimated her baby's weight to be much too large for her to deliver vaginally. (9+ lbs.) So, they forced (scared) her into a c-section. He weighed a WHOPPING 7 lbs 11 oz!! :shake: My dr. never did estimate my DS's weight, for the simple reason that it is never very accurate.

While I was pregnant with DS, I read a study in a medical journal where they were testing the accuracy of predicting the baby's weight in utero. One group in the study--doctors "expertly" trained to estimate the baby's weight, and they had access to all the technology available. The other group--medical students that just went in and looked at the pregnant mother--nothing else. They found that the medical students were just as accurate as the "experienced" doctors at predicting the baby's weight.

There is NO reason she should not have a trial of labor. They can always do the c-section if there are issues. There are only a handful of reasons to have a c-section without a trial of labor--I would suggest that if your friend wants to try to labor that she express that wish to her doctor. After all, it is HER labor and delivery. She needs to understand that if a c-section does end up happening that she also might have to deal with an "I told you so" attitude from the doctor. I wish her the best of luck!!

prprincess
09-18-2006, 10:20 AM
How is everyone this week?Awful! I was feeling great, morning/noon/night sicknesswise (what I call it) compared to my first pregnancy. It really was bearable. Now I'm at 11 weeks, and just when I thought it would subside, it's hit me harder than ever!! I was home ALL weekend--couldn't do a thing because I felt so awful, and all I wanted to do was lay down. On top of that, because I felt so icky, I really couldn't eat much. I know that my OB says that as long as I take my prenatal daily, I'm fine, but I still worry. Hopefully this day will go by quickly--it's difficult to sit at your desk feeling this badly...or it'll finally subside.

disneynarula
09-18-2006, 11:50 AM
With DS the doctor was really pushing for a c-section as well and guess what I ended up with? Exactly what the Dr. ordered.

Since then I have done a lot of reasearch about c-sections and here in the states they believe that Dr.s perform many many unessecary c-sections and the rate goes up every year.

With DS there was nothing medically wrong with either of us but the Dr. just thought it was taking too long. It was really hard for me to make a decscion becuase of the pain and DH was too scared to be rational.

I think that a lot of OB's take advantage of this. After all it only takes about half an hour for a c section from start to finish and natural labor can last for hours and is inpredictable. A scheduled c-section is even easier for a Dr. because they can do it during office hours and not in the middle of the night.

My biggest regret with DS is not switching Drs when I strarted to feel uncomfortable with their "policies" I felt like since I was already so far along I should stick with what was familar. This was a huge mistake.

I hope things go better with this baby. So far I feel like the midwifes and I are in this together and not like I am just a patient who does not know anything.

Terra
09-18-2006, 03:32 PM
I finally had my 3D ultrasound and it was so exciting! I think David looks like his daddy!!
I'll try to post a link, if it doesn't work then I'll edit it :)

I'm a little over 7 1/2 months now!! Only 67 days to go!! I can't believe how fast it's going!!

Here are the 3D links:
Baby David frowning in the womb! (http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j17/gouget/3DFrownUS.jpg)
Baby David with his arm curled up around his chin and the hint of smile! (http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j17/gouget/3DUSsmile.jpg)

murphy1
09-18-2006, 06:49 PM
Terra, those pics are soooo cool! Thanks!!

On the baby's wt. there is no way that I think they can guess it (I did medical transcription for a couple years ). Dr. can be anywhere from 1 lb to 3 or 4 lbs. off believe it or not!! I think I had a better guess than some of our caregivers did.
It is fun to try though!!

Shari

Terra
09-19-2006, 09:52 AM
Terra, those pics are soooo cool! Thanks!!

On the baby's wt. there is no way that I think they can guess it (I did medical transcription for a couple years ). Dr. can be anywhere from 1 lb to 3 or 4 lbs. off believe it or not!! I think I had a better guess than some of our caregivers did.
It is fun to try though!!

Shari
LOL..that is probably true!!
the u/s tech said that there equipment can be off by 6 oz either way...

I'm just hoping I don't end up pushing a 10-11 lbs baby..eeks...especially since I'm attempting NCB...yikes!

MindyMouse
09-20-2006, 02:06 PM
Mind if I join you all??

I'm not expecting in the traditional sense. We are currently "paper pregnant". Our son was our miracle baby and just turned 2 years old. Now we are adopting a baby girl in 2007. If we adopt from Liberia, we could have our precious baby girl as soon as March. If we adopt from China, she will arrive around December of 2007.

Congratulations to all of you who are expecting little bundles.

Terra
09-20-2006, 03:07 PM
Mind if I join you all??

I'm not expecting in the traditional sense. We are currently "paper pregnant". Our son was our miracle baby and just turned 2 years old. Now we are adopting a baby girl in 2007. If we adopt from Liberia, we could have our precious baby girl as soon as March. If we adopt from China, she will arrive around December of 2007.

Congratulations to all of you who are expecting little bundles.

Of course you can join us :) and welcome :clappy:

how wonderful on the adoption too!! You'll have to continue to keep us posted on everything!!!!

Terra
09-20-2006, 03:14 PM
Ughh...I have a vent about something that is happening in my childbirth class...
I apologize in advance for this being long...
So Monday night was our 2nd childbirth class. We watched 2 births and did some relaxation techniques! Very cool!

In my childbirth class there is one mommy to be who has already had one child.
Now let me say up front that I have no issue with what each person's personal choice is during L&D [Natural/medicated...whatever...it's a personal choice and there is no right or wrong..]
Anyway I could tell from the first class that this woman is just very "outspoken" about her prior experience and more in a negative way...
The rest of us in there are 1st time mommies and kind of nervous and anxious! This lady is just totally getting on my nerves already because anytime someone mentions something like NCB or asks a question she kind of snickers and says..."I'll take the drugs..." or "I'll take the Pitocin to have a shorter labor instead of another 23 hour labor..." or "good luck with that"... :(

Again, I'm not judging her choices, but rather her tact in how she is responding in class! Well last night we watched 2 births and boy did we see it all...lol...and I bawled like a baby when the little baby was layed on the mommy's chest...so amazing...
Anyway, the first birth was NCB and the second birth was one using a narcotic...of course things are somewhat edited...but when they showed the pushing stage the women did remarkably well and held it together and really focused...no screaming/cursing or what-not..
When the show was over one young lady asked the teacher was alot edited because she noticed the women handled it better than she thought they would and basically that made her more at ease because it didn't seem as horrible as she had heard...Now keep in mind we are all 1st time mommies so we have no idea what to expect although we do know it's not going to be a picnic..
Well, the "experienced mommy" pipes up and untactfully says..."What?? It didn't look that bad?? You just haven't done it!" She was very hateful about it..

That just really aggravated me because while we know it's not going to be easy in anyway and the pain will be great we don't need someone making us even more fearful and acting like a know-it-all..

The poor lady that asked the question just looked at her...and the teacher was like...Everyone is different and you just never know..[the blanket answer]
I told DH that the next time she responds un-tactfully like that I'm going to pipe up in a nice way and say basically that I'm sorry she doesn't feel she had a positive birth experience but us 1st timers are trying to learn all we can...or something like that ....

Ugghhh...Oh and she and her DH during the relaxation technique were laughing and kind of making fun of it..and it was really annoying...I really question why they are even there! I told my DH how I didn't appreciate it afterwards and he said he was trying hard not to laugh during the technique...which really irritated me!! And then I explained that I didn't really care what they chose to do, but I do believe the rest of us deserve some respect...

Okay...done with the vent....I think I feel better now...lol...

mjaclyn
09-20-2006, 04:15 PM
Sorry to hear about your annoying experience, Terra. I think we all have 'one of those' people in our childbirth class. There was one couple in our Lamaze class these past two weeks that kept making loud comments to each other and laughing while the instructor was talking. It was so rude! I guess you have to expect some people are just going to be like that.

Don't let what this mom said make you nervous. Just because she had a bad experience doesn't mean you will. I think we're already on a great head start because we're taking classes and trying to be as educated as possible about what birth and labor will be like. Yes, we will have pain, but there are solutions - the breathing, massage, medication... lots of different ways to get through what's coming. I think being nervous is definitely natural for any new mom, but being prepared is what will get us through it better than others who aren't. :) Don't worry! You'll do absolutely fine, and I'm sure we won't even remember the pain once we're holding our babies!! I'm excited!! :)

PS - Welcome MindyMouse!! So glad to hear you've got another bundle of joy on the way!! :) :)

Terra
09-20-2006, 04:46 PM
Sorry to hear about your annoying experience, Terra. I think we all have 'one of those' people in our childbirth class. There was one couple in our Lamaze class these past two weeks that kept making loud comments to each other and laughing while the instructor was talking. It was so rude! I guess you have to expect some people are just going to be like that.

:)

ahhh..thanks!! It's good to know I'm not the only one in a class with disrespectful people!!

And I agree with you about at least educating ourselves as much as we can! Although I know things are not always "textbook", the education sure won't hurt! LOL...

I know one lady who is so nervous she refuses to read anything, do any classes or even talk about it...she just wants to show up when it's time to be in labor and deliver...
I don't know if that's a good idea or not...yikes... :blush:

murphy1
09-20-2006, 05:10 PM
OMG that horrible woman!! We had a lady in our class that just kept saying how bad she wanted a C-section the whole time. I think it is so unique for everyone and of course you are scared with your first child, but also excited and I think it's great that you all are reading and learning. It is true for some reason that you do forget the pain after, you remember it sort of then it's like you just forget. I loved having options and learning about all my choices too.

Shari

MindyMouse
09-20-2006, 05:55 PM
I hope you don't mind me jumping right in! I think it's really unfortunate that she is passing judgement on those first time mommies who desire a NCB. Every woman is different and until you are in the position to decide, you do what you think is best for you. I, too, wanted to do things the natural way. We attended Bradley Classes . . . ya can't get any more natural than that. I wanted to do a natural, waterbirth. Unfortunatley, our son had other plans, as he was a MONSTER (A cute one, of course). He was nearly 10 lbs.

I am pleased to say that my c-section experience was wonderful, but I still wish that I could have gone naturally. I would have even attempted VBAC, had I been able to carry another child.

disneynarula
09-20-2006, 10:31 PM
We endede up not even finishing the prepared child birth class the first time around because the other people were so annoying. We have just been reading books this time and learning on our own.

We are using the Bradley method this time around just becasue I had a terrible experience with my epidural. If I knew I could have an epidural and stll dleiver vaginally I would but I am more scared of needing another c-section than the pain of NCB. I know it will hurt but I also know it is relatively temporary. I don't think that anyone has the right to try to scare first timers about the pain.

Next time ask her why she is taking the class if she knows everything already.

Flower
09-21-2006, 02:17 AM
Welcome MindyMouse! I too have an adopted son, he arrived to us at 18 months and is now just over 30 months. Good luck with your little girl and let us know how everything is going.

Terra, so sorry to hear about that woman, why is she there if she has already gone through childbirth? If I were you, I would pull the instructor aside before next class and let her know your concerns. As new moms, you all have the right to learn and to ask questions - you do not need to be criticized by her and her annoying husband. Besides, you are paying to be there!

Well, yesterday I did it, I made the commitment to go with a midwife and drop my doctor. It was pretty hard to do since I have been seeing my doctor for the past 4-5 years, but I so like the idea of the midwives constant care. Deep breath, it will be okay!

I cannot believe I am pretty much at 33 weeks! :joy: As for our nursery status - the furniture is scheduled to be delivered on the 27th of September, DH is putting the flooring in our basement on Oct 1, so I should be able to move my craft stuff out of the nursery the first week of October and then set the baby furniture up then! I still have quite a few things to buy, crib mattress, stroller, car seat - but that is it for the big stuff.

Terra
09-21-2006, 09:02 AM
Le-Ann...you'll have to post some pictures of the nursery when it's done!!

And yay on the mid-wife!!! I'm so glad you made the move!

And thanks for everyone's kind words!!
If she says or acts crazy in this next meeting I WILL say something to the instructor!!
I can't figure out why she's their either since she's already done it before and seems to know everything...lol! :blush:

MindyMouse
09-21-2006, 09:07 AM
Lea-Ann~Thanks for the nice welcome! Where did you adopt from? It's such an exciting (and complicated) process. We are just so thankful to have the opportunity.

congrats on the nursery progress! we recently painted our nursery, as well. It's got furniture and toys, but is not decorated. We are waiting to get our referral before we move forward with he pink frilly stuff.

amyn2610
09-21-2006, 09:20 AM
I'm sneaking in to say I hope you all are doing okay...

Terra, those pics of your baby are so adorable!! The technology they have today is unbelievable!!

I agree, you ahve GOT to say something to the know-it-all...if I were teaching that class and had someone like that, I'd kick her out in a polite way. Especially since you are all first-timers. She has no place being there, especially attacking the students. Wouldn't last with me.

prprincess, I had what you have-it's called hyperemesis gravidarum, or puking all day long in street language!! Have you tried sipping sweet tea, dry toast, dry bagels, crackers, anything bland? Maybe some cream of wheat? I know it's not pretty; I finally stopped puking @ 24 weeks and went on to have a 6lb 9ozer...I had to make up for the 20lb weight LOSS I had which left me at a deficit.

Everyone take care!! I'll probably poke in in a week or so,feel free to PM if you have any questions!!

prprincess
09-21-2006, 02:51 PM
prprincess, I had what you have-it's called hyperemesis gravidarum, or puking all day long in street language!! Have you tried sipping sweet tea, dry toast, dry bagels, crackers, anything bland? Maybe some cream of wheat? I know it's not pretty; I finally stopped puking @ 24 weeks and went on to have a 6lb 9ozer...I had to make up for the 20lb weight LOSS I had which left me at a deficit.
So far, I've been lucky (knock on wood). No puking at all, but lots and lots of gagging. Just a really gross feeling.

There are things like crackers and bagels that work, and even hard candies, but they're only temporary. Nothing really takes the feeling away long-term.

But hte same thing happened to me with DS. I gained too much weight, but my doctor was fine with it since I lost weight during my first trimester.

amyn2610
09-21-2006, 03:06 PM
Have you tried Phenergan? It will take away the "yucks"! :ill:

prprincess
09-24-2006, 05:07 PM
Is it OTC? Or do you need a prescription? I am definitely willing to try ANYTHING! Over 12 weeks now and still, yuck!!
Have you tried Phenergan? It will take away the "yucks"! :ill:

Terra
09-24-2006, 06:51 PM
Is it OTC? Or do you need a prescription? I am definitely willing to try ANYTHING! Over 12 weeks now and still, yuck!!

You do need a prescription, but boy oh boy does it help!
I had to get something as well because my m/s was so bad....once I started that it really kept most of it at bay!

Hope you feel better soon!!

prprincess
09-25-2006, 09:01 AM
You do need a prescription, but boy oh boy does it help!Thanks! I have an appointment on Thursday, so I'll be sure to ask about it.

JanetMegan
09-25-2006, 09:14 AM
I'm not PG but just thought I would throw in that I have had to take Pheangrin (sp?) a couple times and it makes you very sleepy....very. So just make sure you don't take it when you need to do anything important. I mean I usually am groggy for a long time.

Terra
09-25-2006, 09:28 AM
I'm not PG but just thought I would throw in that I have had to take Pheangrin (sp?) a couple times and it makes you very sleepy....very. So just make sure you don't take it when you need to do anything important. I mean I usually am groggy for a long time.

That is does...lol...
They actually gave me "Reglan" which can make you groggy too...but they told me to cut one pill in half...and it still helped the m/s but the grogginess wasn't so bad!
Anyone notice that there sickness is coming back in the 3rd trimester...I'll be 8 months this Friday and I'm starting to get sick again....yuck!...I must be preparing for labor and delivery...lol...
And boy are my hips really starting to ache!!

mjaclyn
09-25-2006, 10:25 AM
I'm scared!! I just called another OB/GYN office and asked them about switching to their practice. They deliver at a different hospital and it looks much nicer than the one I'm supposed to be going to. I'm just really really nervous about actually switching because I only have 5 more weeks to go and I've been with these doctors the entire time. (Not that any of them actually recognize me but I'm at least familiar with them) I'm really scared about going to a new practice and having to start from scratch at this point. I'd have to fill out paperwork again and go pre-register at the new hospital when all of this is already done where I am now. Is it worth it?? I want to see what the new practice says when they call me back. I just want to have a good birth experience - it's my first baby and I'm already nervous.

Terra
09-25-2006, 10:46 AM
Having a positive birth experience is the important thing and especially if you think this new practice will aid you in that...I would go for it!!!

You certainly don't want to feel like another "number" coming through!!

Best of blessings in whatever you choose, please keep us posted!!

prprincess
09-25-2006, 01:11 PM
I agree with Terra, if switching practices will make you feel better about the entire birth process, then go for it. It might seem like a pain to do, but I think you'll find it worth it in the end.

amyn2610
09-25-2006, 03:43 PM

Yes it is prescription and like others have said, it can make you very sleepy.

If your MD starts you off @ 25mg, just cut the pill in half for 12.5mg and see if that helps if the 25mg makes you too sleepy.

In the beginning I cut them in half & worked up to 25mg as my body got used to the grogginess. If it weren't for phenergan I would have lived by the toilet until I delivered.

There's a generic version named promethazine hcl which is very, very inexpensive. My MD prescribes this for me because my pain meds make me nauseated-for 20 tablets I pay $1.26. I realize my insurance is different from yours, but the generic works just as well as brand name and is cost-effective.

Keep your chin up! There's a beautiful baby at the end of all this :ack: !!

Terra
09-26-2006, 09:51 AM
Hey mommies!!
Hope everyone is doing well today!! :)

We had our 3rd childbirth class last night...only 2 more to go!

I don't know if it's helping or making me more nervous...LOL... :blush: Although last night we worked on massage techniques during labor...LOVED THAT!!!...I told DH to prepare his hands...he'd be doing alot of that...lol..

After class was over last night we were walking to our car and another couple who was parked by us went to theirs...when they got there...the pregnant mommy lit up a cigarette and started smoking! I was just stunned. She's due in the middle of Oct if I remember right...with all the information available to day about the harmful effects, it still amazes me that people choose to smoke when pregnant...
I mean I smoked years ago so I KNOW first hand it's hard to quit...and I've had friends who have weened themselves off when they found out they were pregnant..

Oh well...I just pray that poor baby doesn't have major issues!
My mother smoked with my sister back in teh 80's and she was in and out of the hospital for the first 2 years of her life with severe upper resp. problems and she was a low birth weight baby too at full term..only 5.5 pounds!!

goodness...I'm still in shock!

prprincess
09-26-2006, 04:00 PM
...the pregnant mommy lit up a cigarette and started smoking!It amazes me too, this day and age. Like she doesn't know that it's harmful to the baby. I have to bite my tongue when I see that happening. Grr...I hope the baby's okay.

disneynarula
09-27-2006, 08:05 AM
My neigbor is due the day after me (Oct 15) and she still smokes at least 4-5 a day. I can't imagine how hard it must be to quit something so addicting.

She was telling me all the things she is doing in the baby's room to prevent SIDS and I just wanted to shake my head and ask her why she did not do the thing that could prevent it the most.

I feel so bad for her and her baby.

disneynarula
09-27-2006, 08:07 AM
On another note.... I am so so tired now. I think I am going to freeze my gym membership today. The weather is nice now so maybe I will just walk these next few weeks. I was determined to work out until the bitter end but I am just not going to make it.

mjaclyn
09-27-2006, 10:59 AM
I'm really not trying to offend any smokers here but I'm surprised that anyone still smokes after all of the information we have proving that it's so harmful. Even secondhand smoke was recently exposed as something so dangerous that "NO amount" was safe to inhale. I hope that poor little baby is okay.

I'm doing good - getting more tired every day! Thankfully I start working from home either next week or the week after. We'll see how Monday and Tuesday go then I'll decide whether to finish out the week in the office or at my house.

I've decided to take the leap and switch doctors & hospitals. DH and I took a tour of the other hospital yesterday and we liked it much better than the one I'm supposed to deliver at. I can labor, deliver and recover in the same room and it looks much more like a hotel room than a hospital room. I don't think my current doctor's office is going to make this easy for me, though. In order to switch, I have to provide the new doctor with all of my medical records which my current doctor is saying can take up to 10 days to receive. I really don't have that long to wait. I need to get into see the new doctor ASAP - by the beginning of next week if possible. I'll be 36 weeks by then and only have a few more appointments left. I really hope they cooperate because I want to make this switch as painless as possible.

How is everyone else doing this week?

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-27-2006, 11:03 AM
Hi everyone! Its been awhile since I've posted on here but, I'm now about 8 weeks and the :sick: is out of control. I never had this with my DD who is 21 months. My first pregnancy was pretty uneventful and i never got sick. Not this all day salivating, throw up in my mouth a little bit ALL DAY LONG. It's been like this for about a week and a half. I'm hoping that it goes away soon. PLEASE OH PLEASE....

All i can really eat is bagels, soup, crackers, lemon drops, mints.... oh and i'm able to eat coney dogs????? just about everything else should not even be mentioned in my presence or :sick: will happen.

JanetMegan
09-27-2006, 11:16 AM
oh and i'm able to eat coney dogs????? just about everything else should not even be mentioned in my presence or :sick: will happen.

Ok I'm sorry but

:funny:

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-27-2006, 11:35 AM
Ok I'm sorry but

:funny:

:blush: I know!!!!!!!! just because of this little hiccup in my menu list, my DH thinks that its all in my head.... hello, like I love to :sick: .

Don't konw what it is but, coney dogs with onions and mustard are okay.... coney fries :sick: , regular hot dogs :sick: , chili :sick: ????????? :confused:

mjaclyn
09-27-2006, 11:49 AM
LOL :)

I'm sorry you're feeling so :sick: . I've read in a lot of different pregnancy books not to worry unless you can't keep anything down at all. Then you should see your doctor. The baby will get all the nutrients it needs from you (can you take a vitamin without :sick: ?), so don't worry and just eat what you can eat. A friend of mine had a really difficult time during the first few months and actually lost weight. She only gained 6lbs throughout her whole pregnancy and she has a beautiful baby girl. If it's really unbearable you can always ask your doctor if they can give you something to make you feel better. :)

prprincess
09-27-2006, 12:47 PM
Even secondhand smoke was recently exposed as something so dangerous that "NO amount" was safe to inhale.

Oh no! I was wondering about that this morning as I walked into the building. There were four smokers at the door. I tried to hold my breath, but I couldn't. :mad:

Terra
09-27-2006, 01:06 PM
Mjacyln...I read that too about 2nd hand smoke. I just don't understand either after all the information out there that people still choose to do it....my DH actually told my FIL one day if he didn't care that he wouldn't be around to see his grandchildren, then keep smoking...FIL quit within a week!

Prprincess...I always hold my breath as well if I encounter smoking. It's really hard for me to breath around it. When we went to visit my dad in ohio in the summer he just lit up a cig. right in front of pregnant me!! I told DH that we had to leave that I couldn't put myself or baby through that....I love my dad dearly but he's still from the time that "well my mom smoked with me and all was fine..." :confused:

Disneynarula...I thought that too about SIDS...smoking is one thing that can really increase it! how sad!!

Jennifer & Chris....hey if coney dogs are good...then go for it LOL... :D at least it's some protien!! HOpe you get to feeling better soon. I had terrible m/s as well at about 12 weeks it finally went away...

Belly rubs to all!!! keep growing babies!!

disneynarula
09-28-2006, 08:43 AM
I was really :sick: with my first pregnancy for the first three months. I even had to quit my job as a summer day camp director. After the first trimester I was fine and was able to go back to teaching full time.

The only thing I could eat was my husband's chili. I even ate it for breakfast. Everything else made me :sick:

My sister gets really sick with all her pregnancies she is on some sort of prescription that was pretty expensive (not covered by insurance) but it works pretty well.

Terra
09-29-2006, 11:49 AM
baby David has offically found....
...my ribs!!!! :jaw:
And boy does that smart!!

I thought I was getting lucky because I'm 8 months now and hadn't felt the first jab up there...
but then I'm woken up really early this morning out of a sound sleep to a foot going to town in my ribcage...lol...

I think DH thought I was having a contraction because I woke up saying "OWWWW" and he immediately woke up put his hand on my back and started massaging and ask if I was okay. When I told him David found my ribs and was kicking, DH just laughed, stopped massaging and said "kick mommy's butt David", then rolled over and went to sleep...
LOL...that's sympathy for you!!!

disneynarula
09-29-2006, 12:36 PM
I have to provide the new doctor with all of my medical records which my current doctor is saying can take up to 10 days to receive. I?

I would insist that they give you a copy of your file so you can hand carry it to your new dr. My OBGYN was a real pain when I switched to a midwife. Sometimes it helps to be a "squeaky wheel"

I hope the switch goes well!!!

prprincess
09-29-2006, 02:46 PM
I heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time last night! It was fast and strong--so exciting!

Now we just have to wait 7 more weeks until we can find out what the sex is!

Terra
09-29-2006, 02:51 PM
I heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time last night! It was fast and strong--so exciting!

Now we just have to wait 7 more weeks until we can find out what the sex is!

yay!! That is so exciting and what a great sound!!!

And 7 weeks will fly by!!

mjaclyn
10-02-2006, 09:58 AM
Hi moms!
How is everyone this week? I am SO tired!! I'll be 36 weeks tomorrow and it's getting more and more difficult to sleep at night. Heartburn is a killer!

I finalized everything that needed to be done to switch doctors and hospitals. I hope I don't end up regretting it for some reason. :scared: I've started going to the doctor weekly. My next appointment is on Wednesday and I'm going to have the Group B Strep test done. Has anyone gone through that yet?

My friend who is a week overdue today just went in this morning to be induced. I'm so excited for her to have the baby!! I can't wait to see how it goes. I really hope I can go into labor naturally instead of being induced. I've heard it isn't fun...

I start working from home next week (yay!) and will do that until the baby is born. I'm so glad my boss was flexible enough to let me do that. Even though the drive from my house to work is only about 40 minutes each way (not terrible) - it's getting uncomfortable to drive in. Plus sitting at a computer all day really gets to my back. I can't wait to work from my couch! :)

The baby's room is almost done. DH put the bassinett together last night - it's so cute! Our crib will probably be arriving within the next couple of weeks - I'm really excited to see how the room looks completed! We also finally decided on an outfit to bring the baby home in. It's a white onesie with feet and has a little bear on the front. It also has a matching hat. We ended up getting one of those fluffy snowsuit type things too just in case it's cold when we bring the baby home. You can never be too prepared!! I really wanted to get a cute little dress or something but I figured a soft onesie would be more comfortable for the baby, and it will work for a boy just in case we're surprised. :)

What's going on with all of you this week?

mjaclyn
10-02-2006, 10:04 AM
I wanted to add that I'm feeling depressed this week because my entire family is in WDW without me!! They begged me and DH to come with them but I knew I wouldn't be able to do all the walking. They also said it's been in the upper 80's / low 90's so I'd be DYING of heat. I couldn't really leave work right now either, considering I'm taking two full months off in a few weeks. *sigh*

I've been talking to them on the phone every day since they've been there and I'm so jealous!!! I desperately want to be at the food & wine festival, enjoying Illuminations, watching Mickey's Philharmagic, eating WAY too much food on the dining plan... :( I miss Disney. DH and I are planning to take the baby next fall when she's a little over a year old. I can't wait to go!!

:) I'm done whining now... LOL.

Terra
10-02-2006, 10:27 AM
Mjacyln..you are not alone...I have killer heartburn and NOTHING is helping that now!! Not Zantac, tums or anything...eeks...lol...

I'm definently getting more and more tired...I've hit the 8 month mark and boy can I feel it!!

Sorry your not in WDW with your family!! 2 of my friends want me to go with them one day in October so we can hit the food and wine festival as well...but I'm so tired...I can barely walk to do grocery shopping without getting dead tired...i'll be having to rest every 15 minutes!! lol.. :blush:

Keep us posted on your friend!! I'm with you...I hope I start labor on my own too...my good friend who will also be my labor coach had to be induced with her first and she said it wasn't fun!

Mickey'sGirl
10-02-2006, 11:48 AM
I thought I'd jump in here if you don't mind....I had killer heartburn for the whole time with both of my boys -- Tums was the only thing to take the edge off, but it was no solution. I was told heartburn is a sign of lots of hair on the baby's head -- and both my kids were born with lots of hair -- so maybe????
Also, don't worry about induction...I was induced for DS8, who was 2 weeks overdue. The whole shooting match was over and done within 4 1/2 hours. I thought of the whole experience as "helping" me to have a natural childbirth. I needed no such thing with DS2 -- he arrived 1 week early, and labour and delivery took less than 30 minutes -- we nearly missed the hospital! Keep strong and comfortable ladies! mjaclyn -- I understand your longing to be at WDW -- but I think you made the best decision -- just think of your next visit with her! :mickey:

Terra
10-02-2006, 01:27 PM
The whole shooting match was over and done within 4 1/2 hours. I thought of the whole experience as "helping" me to have a natural childbirth.
Thanks for the input! :)

Do you mind me asking a question...so you did go natural with having an induction?
If all goes okay, I plan on going at least semi-natural [I'm not getting the Epidural. For personal reasons and also because even with my insurance you have to sign up ahead of time AND pay $500 up front...money we just don't have!]

Anyway...so in your opinion going natural with an induction is do-able? I know my friend/labor coach had hers all natural with her induction and while she was honest and said that it was hard and the worst pain she ever felt...it's doable...

I'm just always looking for re-assurance that I CAN do this...lol..[of course not that I want pitocin! lol]

Mickey'sGirl
10-02-2006, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the input! :)
Anyway...so in your opinion going natural with an induction is do-able? I know my friend/labor coach had hers all natural with her induction and while she was honest and said that it was hard and the worst pain she ever felt...it's doable...
You can do this.

That said -- I signed up for any and everything -- just in case I needed it (and insurance is very different in Canada). Just as I thought I couldn't do it -- it was too late for any meds anyway -- he had arrived and I had done it without the drugs! The pain is gone AS SOON AS YOU SEE YOUR BABY -- honestly!! You can do it -- but if you need something to help, there is absolutely no shame in it. No medals are passed out after childbirth -- you just have to make it the best possible experience for you and your baby.

If you do nothing else, learn to breathe properly. It is the BEST thing -- it focusses you on something, and it really helps to control the birth. That's the best advice I can give. :mickey: