PDA

View Full Version : Contemporary smoking rooms?

Gotta Love Eeyore
04-20-2007, 06:12 PM
Does anyone know if the Contemporary has smoking rooms in the tower?

Niecyboo
04-21-2007, 11:25 PM
I thought when we made our reservation we were told this was a completely smoke-free hotel, but I'm writing this from the contemporary, so I can double check on Monday if nobody else comes up with a definite.

Hammer
04-22-2007, 09:44 AM
It does depend on who you ask as to what the answer will be. Some have been told by one CM that the Tower is smoke-free and you can get a smoking room in the Garden Wing, while others have been told there are "smoking optional" rooms in the Tower and still others have been told the resort has only non-smoking rooms. When I called reservations, they gave me the run around when I asked point blank "Will I be able to receive a smoking room at the Contemporary?" and was eventually told I would be accommodated (I don't smoke, but I played the role to get an answer).

You may be told it is smoke free by the CM you speak with today, but that isn't official. A press release has to be issued, like when the Swan resort building went smoke-free. Travel agents have to be made aware of this change so they know this for booking their clients. I emailed Nanci at MJ last night about this issue and she hasn't been given any official word.

pamickeys
04-23-2007, 03:56 PM
Last year when we were at Disney we were told by a manager that the room policy will be that any room that has a balcony,regardless of the resort, is considered a smoking optional room, which means that you can only smoke outside of the room on the balcony. Now if you notice only the deluxe resorts have a balcony with almost every room. The moderates have walkways outside, not balconies, so who knows what the policy is there.

tink55
04-23-2007, 05:05 PM
Please don't smoke on the balcony. You will be ruining the experience for everyone around you.