PDA

View Full Version : DL Noob

JRocker
04-20-2007, 01:54 PM
So, I'm thinking about a visit to CA around the end of the summer. (gotta try and squeeze it in between summer courses, and fall semester)
We usually travel with our own hotel room behind the van, but due to time constraints, we will be flying out there.

I was reviewing our lodging options, and if I stay at Ramada Inn, Maingate I save myself around $1,000. Anybody have anything bad to say about this place?

I was also looking at Disneylands dining thing they got going. Am I looking at it wrong? It really looks to be so not worth it. I mean....a $5, $10, $15 voucher wouldn't even cover the tip at most of the table service joints in WDW. Are meals that much cheaper at DL, or is the dining plan there just that pathetic?

One more noob question.....how far from the ocean is this place?

scoot241
04-20-2007, 02:29 PM
I looked into the dining plan as well, and it really just seems that DL's is that pathetic. It certainly pales in comparison to WDW's.

The beach is about 10 miles away from DL (according to Google Maps).

GoofyGuy75
04-20-2007, 05:14 PM
:thumbsup: I use the dinning every time I go.. And I can tell you it does save alot of time and money.

Melanie
04-20-2007, 07:28 PM
I've always understood the Disneyland dining plan is not worth it.

BrerGnat
05-05-2007, 11:49 PM
The DLR dining is not the same as the WDW dining plan. You get vouchers that exchange evenly for money. It does NOTHING to save you anything. Skip it!

The beach is NOT 10 miles from Disneyland. The ocean is 10 miles from DL "as the crow flies". It is a 20 mile trip by car to Huntington Beach, which is the most convenient to DLR, using the freeways.

If you want to do it, take 5 South to the 22 West, then to Beach Blvd South. That will take you right to the pier at Huntington Beach, and there is plenty of dining and retail right there.