PDA

View Full Version : Hair Braiding???

grego77
04-20-2007, 01:43 PM
I was wondering which resorts offer hair braiding? My sister wants her hair braided, and last time we went, we were unsuccessful in finding a place to do it in the parks (they have wraps...no braiding).

Any suggestions in the resorts?

Thanks!:cool:

crazeedizneefinatic
04-20-2007, 01:55 PM
Our last trip we stayed at POP and they had a stand next to the main pool outside of the food court. If my memory serves me right I know at least the values have hair braiding.:mickey:

tink2006
04-20-2007, 02:34 PM
We usually stay at POR - they have braiding by the main pool.

GreenBeetle
04-20-2007, 03:38 PM
I thought all resorts offered it. My daughter had hers done at POFQ.

kakn7294
04-20-2007, 03:51 PM
All of the resorts have a stand near the pool but from what I recall, they only offer hair wraps, not hair braiding. They also do not offer it at Harmony Barber Shop or Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. I don't know if the hair salons at the resorts offer it or not. CSR is the only moderate with a salon. I believe all (or at least most) of the deluxes have a salon.

TammiMcMan
04-20-2007, 03:57 PM
I've noticed the hair wrapping stations by the pools, where they wrap colorful string or something in the hair. If you want hair braiding, then I'd suggest contacting one of the salons. They can be found at the CR, CSR, GF and the YC/BC. Here's a listing with phone numbers, http://www.relaxedyet.com/resort_salons.html . There's also the Harmony barber shop on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom. They don't accept appointments and I'm not sure they do the full set of braids. They do cuts, colored gel and some magical up do's though.

auntfrannie
04-20-2007, 06:39 PM
OK, I have to ask! What's the difference between braiding & wraps?

BronxTigger
04-20-2007, 06:43 PM
OK, I have to ask! What's the difference between braiding & wraps?

Wraps are where you take a little bit of hair and literally wrap it with string that is about the same type as kite string, but in different colors. You get a bit of hair wrapped up in different colors that vaguely resembles a friendship bracelet. Usually, a person will only get one bit of hair wrapped.

Braids are similar to corn rows, where a person gets a lot of little tiny braids all over their head. Usually, a person will have the whole head done. I don't know where to get it done in WDW, but a lot of people do it when they go on tourist trips to Mexico.

auntfrannie
04-20-2007, 06:49 PM
Wraps are where you take a little bit of hair and literally wrap it with string that is about the same type as kite string, but in different colors. You get a bit of hair wrapped up in different colors that vaguely resembles a friendship bracelet. Usually, a person will only get one bit of hair wrapped.

Braids are similar to corn rows, where a person gets a lot of little tiny braids all over their head. Usually, a person will have the whole head done. I don't know where to get it done in WDW, but a lot of people do it when they go on tourist trips to Mexico.

Thanks for the explanation, BT! That was my "learn something new" event for the day! :)

moe513
04-20-2007, 08:21 PM
I think I over heard some one say the gf does it.

pook@wdw
04-21-2007, 06:39 PM
If I'm not mistaken, most all of the resorts have a hair braiding stand near their pool areas.:mickey:

TammiMcMan
04-21-2007, 07:02 PM
If I'm not mistaken, most all of the resorts have a hair braiding stand near their pool areas.:mickey:Actually, most have a hair wrapping station, with the colorful string. I think the OP is looking for something like the corn row braids that are popular on the Caribbean vacations. These are done, but you need to contact one of the salons.

grego77
04-22-2007, 07:52 AM
will do. thanks for the info :mickey: