PDA

View Full Version : WDW Museum?

disneyfunatics
04-20-2007, 01:23 PM
As I read about so many fans missing some of the old rides that are no longer with us (20,000 leagues', Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, etc.), I couldn't help but think some sort of interactive museum would be a nice addition the the 'World'. Props from the old rides would be on display, videos showing the rides in action, that sort of thing. You could even access some of the old shows we remember as kids (And would like to show to our kids).

And on a side note, I would love to see Disney come up with a channel to cater to us 'grown up' kids; with telecasts of the old Mickey Mouse Club, some of the old nature shows and specials, or at least some of the that type of programming. I'm geting a bit tired of Hanna Montana, and that's so Raven (Although my kids DO like 'em).:mickey: :mickey: :mickey:

indytraveler
04-20-2007, 01:36 PM
Both of these ideas are great. I'd like to see something like a museum. More of a hands on type of thing. That would be pretty neat. Would bring back several memories of us being at WDW as kids. I was thinking how many rides have been replaced over the years and it's not as many as I would have thought. But something like that would be OK.

Kristi Kay
04-20-2007, 01:39 PM
I agree, this is a fantastic idea! Like Disney through the years....Whenever they decided they need to do somthing new with One mans Dream area this would be a nice idea....or just expand One Mans Dream by adding this in....:mickey:

BMan62
04-20-2007, 02:04 PM
I like the idea of a Disney Classic channel. Show some of the old movies, weekly shows, etc. Plus, get some post-teen oriented new shows.

I would be more than happy to host a show or series!:blush:

Marker
04-20-2007, 02:11 PM
Just a side note to the Museum, there is currently and effort in KC to restore Walt Disney's original Laugh-O-Gram studio building and to make it a museum and interactive animation lab that will educate kids of all ages on the art and history of animation.

They plan to recreate Walt's 1922 office the way it was when he fed the mouse that inspired him to create Mickey. There's a lot of Disney, and animation history in that building.

cardshopgirl
04-20-2007, 02:30 PM
I too would LOVE the Disney Classics channel. I love all those old cartoons and movies! I remember when I was younger The Disny Channel still showed some of those older shows. I miss those!

dolphinmickey9170
04-20-2007, 02:32 PM
And on a side note, I would love to see Disney come up with a channel to cater to us 'grown up' kids; with telecasts of the old Mickey Mouse Club, some of the old nature shows and specials, or at least some of the that type of programming. I'm geting a bit tired of Hanna Montana, and that's so Raven (Although my kids DO like 'em).:mickey: :mickey: :mickey:

I agree, what ever happened to the "Vault Disney" that used to air at midnight 6 or 7 years ago? Zoro, World of Color, old cartoons, lots of stuff we "experienced" folks grew up with.....I miss watching that stuff. Don't get me wrong, my kids like Raven and Hanna as well, but why not bring back the oldies but goodies? :cloud9:

14 days and counting!!!!!

WEDTOPIA
04-20-2007, 03:51 PM
I agree , wholeheartedly , on both counts.

A museum would be very appropriate ,considering the number of us " old-timers " out here who miss all those great old attractions and shops. I know I'd spend a good deal of time at such a place.

And ,yes , why doesn't the Disney Channel have programming like it did in the 80's ? After all , the Disney library is overflowing with great stuff. Does anyone really remember how great the lineup usd to be on D.C. ? I would gladly pay for the privilege of seeing it as it was in it's glory days.

:mickey:

Jasper
04-20-2007, 04:03 PM
I know this is slightly in a different vein, but several years ago, maybe about 5 or 6, there was a historical movie and a small museum of Disney stuff that was set up for one of their many anniversaries. The museum and movie were located in MGM someplace behind the Great Movie Ride. Does anyone know what became of that attraction?

CM~Mserrano
04-20-2007, 04:23 PM
I loved Vault Disney! that was kind of like a daily ritual in my family. Every night, (I think at 9 eastern time) we would sit in the living room and start watching. Lots of fun and good for family bonding! I grew up and still live on the east coast of Florida about an hour and 15 minutes from WDW, so my childhood kind of revolved around Disney. Annual paases, going every weekend, birthdays, holidays, friends with passes, etc. They should definately bring something like that back, it would be awesome.

BTW, does anyone remember Walt Disney World Inside Out or know where I might be able to find some of those episodes. I loved that show too!

Toad
04-20-2007, 05:29 PM
I know this is slightly in a different vein, but several years ago, maybe about 5 or 6, there was a historical movie and a small museum of Disney stuff that was set up for one of their many anniversaries. The museum and movie were located in MGM someplace behind the Great Movie Ride. Does anyone know what became of that attraction?

As far as I know the attraction is still there. It's called One Man's Dream.

I also thought there should be a musuem or walk-through exhibit devoted to past attractions, however, instead of displaying props, one scene from each attraction should be recreated.

Ten of Hearts
04-20-2007, 09:11 PM
As I read about so many fans missing some of the old rides that are no longer with us (20,000 leagues', Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, etc.), I couldn't help but think some sort of interactive museum would be a nice addition the the 'World'. Props from the old rides would be on display, videos showing the rides in action, that sort of thing. You could even access some of the old shows we remember as kids (And would like to show to our kids).

I'd like to see a museum which has a ride where you see exhibits on the ride, as well as walk through an exhibit of the rides- 'Ye Olde Exhibit Museum' or something. :mickey:

battle beast
04-21-2007, 12:24 AM
Those are all great ideas! I would love to see a channel for adults, and a channel with new cartoons... the same ones paly ad nauseum over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and... :ack:

joelkfla
04-21-2007, 02:45 AM
Walt's heirs (mostly Diane) are putting together a Walt Disney Museum in San Francisco. But I don't know whether there will be any focus on the park's attractions' history.

Diane said in an interview that their aim is to show today's kids that Walt Disney was a man, not just a company.

Ten of Hearts
04-21-2007, 11:38 PM
Walt's heirs (mostly Diane) are putting together a Walt Disney Museum in San Francisco. But I don't know whether there will be any focus on the park's attractions' history.

Diane said in an interview that their aim is to show today's kids that Walt Disney was a man, not just a company.

That is really nice to know. I'm going to research that. Thanks for sharing!

JPL
04-22-2007, 12:28 PM
It really is a great Idea to have a mueseum but unfortunately most of the props and old ride vehicles have been sold off, used in other attractions or scrapped for parts. A good example of this is the America Sings attraction that use to be in Disneyland all of the figures have been used in their version of Splash Mountain. One of them can even be found in the Queue of Star Tours. The AA's from Horizons went over to the CoP and the AA's from WoM went to Pirates to replace older model figures. Now the next believe it or not part of all this is that Disney has very little on-ride type footage from some of the older attractions.

FormerCastMember
04-24-2007, 01:51 AM
I agree, this is a fantastic idea! Like Disney through the years....Whenever they decided they need to do somthing new with One mans Dream area this would be a nice idea....or just expand One Mans Dream by adding this in....:mickey:

i love the idea but with regards to One Man's Dream it needs to stay...maybe not where it is now but something showing tribute to Walt is needed in the parks forever and ever...

dizzydisney
04-24-2007, 04:35 PM
[QUOTE=JPL;1265099]It really is a great Idea to have a mueseum but unfortunately most of the props and old ride vehicles have been sold off, used in other attractions or scrapped for parts. QUOTE]

A lot of these pieces, or others that have been broken or removed from an attraction can be bought by a company on ebay. I used to think the same concept would be neat, but then I found this site with pieces from the different rides and got depressed.:( If you are interested in buying a piece from an attraction, PM me and I will give you the buyer's name and website address.