PDA

View Full Version : Could you Survive Survivor????

Marker
04-20-2007, 12:56 PM
I think Survivor looks like a lot of fun, the adventure side of it anyway.

The roughing it, primitive living would be fine. Over the years I've done plenty of primitive camping. Building a fire is not a problem, done it plenty of times. It always amazes me how much trouble they have with fire. Even if they don't know how going in, it would seem logical to me to learn firebuilding skills BEFORE going.

But there's no way I'd win. I'm not devious enough. I would be the "nice" guy, who they string along for a while, then get rid of when things get interesting. Million dollars or not, it's just not in me to be back stabbing, scheming, and dishonest. Not even for a game. And I don't know if it can be done otherwise, though many have tried.

And there's NO WAY I'd even attempt "Eat Gross Stuff" day.

ChipnDaleGal
04-20-2007, 02:58 PM
I wouldn't last a day. I need a toilet with privacy. I like electricity, running water and TV too much to go that long without. I could never take all those bugs and creepy crawlies. And I need walls around me and a door that locks to be able to sleep at night. Just the thought of "normal" camping is scary to me. I love to watch the show, but I would never want to participate. If I am ever on a tropical island I want a pretty resort to stay at! :D

J.C.&ALI'SMOM
04-20-2007, 03:01 PM
No, I could never do it!! The only camping I have done is in a camper with a bathroom and bedroom ;)

sunlyon
04-20-2007, 03:04 PM
I could survive the primitive camping. :camp: I could even eat the "gross" stuff :sick: (having traveled the world and not asked questions about what I was eating). I could play politics with the best of them :boxing: and have a great mind for seeing strategy. However I would fail physically. Anything that took physical endurance or strength I would fail...

Carol
04-20-2007, 03:10 PM
Nope - I'm too high maintenance. :search:

PirateLover
04-20-2007, 03:55 PM
I wouldn't last a day. I need a toilet with privacy. I like electricity, running water and TV too much to go that long without. I could never take all those bugs and creepy crawlies. And I need walls around me and a door that locks to be able to sleep at night. Just the thought of "normal" camping is scary to me.

:ditto: Took the words right out of my mouth.

Melanie
04-20-2007, 07:05 PM
:funny:

That would be a no.

offwego
04-21-2007, 11:47 AM
I wouldn't last a day. I need a toilet with privacy. I like electricity, running water and TV too much to go that long without. I could never take all those bugs and creepy crawlies. And I need walls around me and a door that locks to be able to sleep at night. Just the thought of "normal" camping is scary to me. I love to watch the show, but I would never want to participate. If I am ever on a tropical island I want a pretty resort to stay at! :D

This is me too...I'm not sure I could live without my pedicure!

TheDuckRocks
04-23-2007, 11:03 AM
Nope, no way! My husband has always kidded me about my idea of "roughing It" is a hotel without room service.:blush:
But in all honesty the hardest part for me would be to keep myself from absolutely beating the living day lights out of half of the idiots the would leave you with.:thedolls:
Footnote for those of you who think I might really do something like this: I'm 63 and don't even know how to make a fist.:D

NotaGeek
04-23-2007, 03:12 PM
Uh, that would be a no. I grew up being forced to go camping all summer every year of my young life. :ack:

Sure, I could survive in the wilderness if I ever get lost hiking, which is also laughable.

Presently, it's enough "roughing it" to not be able to take my full array of beauty products when I travel thanks to the new rules that go along with carry-ons and air travel. :laughing:

Jasper
04-23-2007, 03:27 PM
20 years ago I would have loved doing something like that. However, after 5 back surgeries and the implant of a spinal stimulator I think those days are behind me. I am now relagated to camping only in a manner that allows me to rest my back on occassion which means a camper!

Figgyluv03
05-02-2007, 12:46 PM
I couldn't do it! I'm too much of a girly girl! I couldnt' go that long not shaving my legs!!! Ewwww!!!