PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant temperatures?????

ldc12377
04-20-2007, 09:48 AM
How cold are the restaurants in the summer? Do they keep the AC very cold? I tend to get cold really easy so I was wondering if I need to bring a light jacket or something with me. Has anyone had a problem with the temperature being too cold in the restaurants?

moe513
04-20-2007, 09:59 AM
I dont rerember feeling cold.

tink2006
04-20-2007, 10:21 AM
I am VERY cold natured. We usually go in August. I have never had a problem with any of the restaurants being too cold.

cicelyalaska
04-20-2007, 10:21 AM
Of course it's different for everyone, but in my family there's 4 girls and a guy. We gals are ALWAYS cold in the WDW restaurants. If possible, we always bring a light sweater. But if we don't want to be carrying that sweater around the park, we just suffer in the iciness. My dad, however, is always fine. We're of the opinion it's a male/female thing (females as a whole tend to get colder easier), so I would absolutely recommend bringing something extra to wear. It's actually come to be a wonderful nostaglic bit of conversation whenever we want to talk about WDW--the cold AC in contrast to the humid hotness outside. That's just how it is in WDW in the summer! :mickey:

thrillme
04-20-2007, 10:49 AM
The only time my cold natured DS was cold was when he was soaking wet from the Kali River Rapids and we went into the practically empty Rainforrest Cafe (It was just before most Floridians lunch time). I bought him a cheap long sleeved shirt (out of season in July so it was only like about $7.00)

SurferStitch
04-20-2007, 12:39 PM
I've usually found a lot of the restaurants to be a little chilly. I don't get cold easily, but there were plenty of times I shivered at a meal (at least for a little while until I acclimated).

This past December was great because I always had a hoodie with me, so if a restaurant was cold, I was prepared. Dinner was different because I dressed up, and that meant I was sometimes sleeveless. Oh well....sometimes we ladies must suffer for beauty! :blush:

January-2007
04-20-2007, 01:14 PM
This is a good thing to keep in mind. Maybe bringing a light sweater into the parks wouldn't be a bad idea so you don't get too uncomfortable. I know sometimes even the indoor attractions can feel a bit chilly when you are used to the heat outside. Something thin would probably be the best thing because then you could carry it will you with little to no hassle. :mickey:

DVC2004
04-20-2007, 01:44 PM
I feel cold easily, too, but I can't think of a single instance when I was too cold in a WDW restaurant.

Bruegge
04-20-2007, 01:56 PM
cold???

I thought we were a all awash with that warm DW glow of happiness.......

But really, I notice temp changes but adapt quickly. I've never been hot or cold in a resort or restaurant.. another nod for the powers that be in DW... climate control

Scott

auntfrannie
04-20-2007, 06:46 PM
The only time that I noticed it was cold in the restaurant when I was there in August was after getting caught in a torrential downpour then going to The Coral Reef. We froze! Brrrr.

pixiegoose
04-20-2007, 10:53 PM
I'm pretty cold-blooded by nature and the only restaraunt that I recall being cold in was Sci Fi. We were there in July and I was absolutely freezing while we ate. I was scrunched up as close as I could get to my husband without being in his lap and I had my napkin completely spread out to cover me as much as possible. Note to self: bring sweatshirt if we eat at Sci Fi again (which will probably not happen because we were disappointed with it but I digress).