PDA

View Full Version : Put Fountains in Fantasyland where old Lagoon was

Ten of Hearts
04-19-2007, 10:00 PM
My suggestion is that we all send pixie dust to Disney corporate and maybe they'll get an idea to re-imagineer the playround and Ariel's Grotto. They could have tall, cool fountains with a statue of King Neptune or other aquatic characters from The Little Mermaid around the playground and grotto. Then they could have some nice seating areas for people to relax in and have a little snack bar there. Anyone have other suggestions? Maybe we could start a petition to 'Rebuild Ariel's Grotto' or something. What do my fellow Intercotees think?

TinkRocks
04-20-2007, 12:12 AM
As much as I enjoy a nice fountain, I would rather see an attraction be put in the area... Maybe a villain ride or something.

bicker
04-20-2007, 06:53 AM
I think the MK has more than enough attractions -- the park is the one that gets the most crowded, most often and most quickly. I'd rather, if they're going to spend money on more attractions, that they spend that money at one of the other theme parks.

cetacean01
04-20-2007, 09:25 AM
I would LOVE a new attraction in MK. SOmething classic. I really love the villian ride idea though. I would love to see a "spiderman" type ride where we would have to rescue Mickey from all of the villians. The could incorporate all of the animated characters into it. Make it Mount Villianous. Just a thought!:mickey:

RocknRoller94
07-26-2007, 02:16 PM
I want 20,000 Leagues back. It was so cool and the Subs looked neat floating around the lagoon.

jszczur5
07-26-2007, 03:21 PM
I think the MK has more than enough attractions -- the park is the one that gets the most crowded, most often and most quickly. I'd rather, if they're going to spend money on more attractions, that they spend that money at one of the other theme parks.

Because this park is the most crowded, I think that they should build another continuous loading, high capacity attraction in this underused area.
I agree with a previous post that an attraction related to villains would work. This would give older kids (boys especially) somewhere to go which doesn't involve dancing dolls (which I love, by the way) or "kiddie" type themes.

battlefield2freak
07-26-2007, 04:50 PM
they could make a ride based off the little mermaid and could put it in the lagoon and make it something similar to 20k and the new nemo ride. just a suggestion since ive noticed theres no little meramid attraction in all of the WDW parks and it would fit in there

kakn7294
07-26-2007, 05:05 PM
I want 20,000 Leagues back. It was so cool and the Subs looked neat floating around the lagoon.
AMEN! Bring back the Nautilus! (yeah, I know it'll never happen, but it can happen in my world)

Toad
07-26-2007, 11:15 PM
I would like to see Mr. Toad's Wild Ride brought back.

Polynesian Dweller
07-26-2007, 11:20 PM
With the new (re) opening of the Nemo submarine ride at DLR I wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing at WDW. KTLA had a program on it this week and it looked quite good and there is already the spot for it. Just add water. :mickey:

Mickey91
07-26-2007, 11:56 PM
I think instead of the playground they could bring us something like the Storybook canal boats or Casey Jr train. OR BOTH!:mickey:

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
07-27-2007, 12:10 AM
I would like to see Mr. Toad's Wild Ride brought back.

Hehehe...I was waiting for someone to say that! How appropriate, Toad!

Chris :hatter:

snifflesmcg
07-27-2007, 12:19 AM
It's obvious by my avatar that I love the Little Mermaid. I agree that the theming for this section is less than stellar. A fountain, a small consession and a few benches would be fabulous for that area. They already have a mermaid theme, they could totally capitolize on that. They could even keep the water that shoots up for the kids if they want.

battlefield2freak
07-27-2007, 12:58 AM
id rather see a ride int he lagoon not a another idea about a playground. id like to see something based off the luittle mermaid down in the lagoon where 20k was because for one the rocks and stuff there allready would already be a apart of the ride theme, 2 the mermaid takes place mostly underwater, and 3. it could be like a dark ride but underwater that tells the story of the little mermaid.

TinkRocks
07-27-2007, 01:17 AM
Couldn't Disney incorporate Little Mermaid in with Nemo & Friends at the Seas? Seems kinda fitting...

battlefield2freak
07-27-2007, 10:07 AM
Couldn't Disney incorporate Little Mermaid in with Nemo & Friends at the Seas? Seems kinda fitting...

well they could do something like that in MK at the lagoon in fantasyland because the seas with nemo and friends is going to get crammed packed if they add more and the lagoon is the biggest place in MK to add a ride and its full of water so it makes alot of sense to put something there

Mickey91
07-27-2007, 10:32 AM
I hate to burst any bubbles but, I seriously doubt that the Disney today, who is all about the bottom line, is going dig out a lagoon they just spent lots of money filling in. The best we can hope for is a land ride or at least an above land water attraction. I have a bad feeling we will see the playground for many years to come. Someone, on another thread, was even proposing they should put in a playground at EPCOT!!:ack:

Stu29573
07-27-2007, 11:11 AM
I , personally, won't be happy with anything they put there :mad:.....ok, maybe a Little Mermaid themed sub ride or a nice dark ride (not villians, please, I think things have swung too far in that direction :rolleyes:) I'm and I'm usually not hard to please. The insult of having an E-Ticket ride (which was still popular by the way) replaced by a character meet and greet, is appalling. At least with Mr. Toad, you got another REAL attraction. I love Disney and usually support what they do, even if I don't completely agree, but this was downright wrong. Putting a play area in, especially when there's a really nice play area one "land" over in Toon Town, is....well....let's just say not a good idea.
By the way, I doubt that MK will get a sub ride like DLR. That idea went to The Seas With Nemo and Friends.... :mickey:

battlefield2freak
07-27-2007, 12:08 PM
I hate to burst any bubbles but, I seriously doubt that the Disney today, who is all about the bottom line, is going dig out a lagoon they just spent lots of money filling in. The best we can hope for is a land ride or at least an above land water attraction. I have a bad feeling we will see the playground for many years to come. Someone, on another thread, was even proposing they should put in a playground at EPCOT!!:ack:
They filled in the lagoon?? i didnt know that arg.. they just messed up a big piece of area that could have been used for a great unique ride. i personally liked the lagoon there bc it was a peaceful view for fantasyland.