PDA

View Full Version : Photo pass?

PNWmom
04-19-2007, 08:44 PM
Anyone with experience with the photo pass system? Is it any better than just having the CM take your picture with your own camera?

Mickey91
04-19-2007, 10:15 PM
If you ever buy the pictures that the photographers take at the parks, then the photopass is a good thing. Also, if you have a magic your way package, you get a free 5x7. I think you may have to pay shipping but it isn't very much. For around $125.00 you get a CD with all the pictures that were taken by the photopass crews during your entire stay. With a 5x7 costing around $12.95 or more, that is a pretty good savings if you have the guys take a lot of pictures. I would at least have them take the pictures. It is free and if you like what they took then you can buy the CD or you can purchase individual pictures. Also, you can enhance the every picture on the CD with borders or character signature etc. and you will still have the original too. There are also other really cool products. I think you can look at them on Disneyphotopass.com.

But still take all the pictures with your camera that you normally would. Then you feel no obligation to buy.

Please note that most attractions that take pictures do not (or did not when we were there in Dec) participate in the photopass and therefore must be bought at the end of the ride. Test Track, however, did. It would be wise to ask at the counter.:D

JMTStone
04-19-2007, 10:20 PM
I liked my photo pass experience. I picked a few special pictures I couldn't do myself. (My girls holding tinkerbell in their hands and all of us together)

Plus we got to add borders with the year/date on them.

I think its a good idea... no obligation :photo:

TiggerRPh
04-20-2007, 12:55 AM
Anyone with experience with the photo pass system? Is it any better than just having the CM take your picture with your own camera?

Not really....the Disney photographers are not all that good IMO.

To me....PhotoPass lone advantage is the ability to see the pix at your leisure and order them if you want them, rather than stand in line to see a picture that's not better than what you took.

We use PhotoPass, but if we order more than a couple of pix from it that's a lot.