PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about this Dole Whip!

momof2munkies
04-19-2007, 04:02 PM
Hello! We are taking our first Disney trip next week, we leave on April 24th.:blush:

I have gotten so much great info on this site! We are using the dining plan so I am trying to gather as much info as possible. I am wondering about this Dole Whip everyone is talking about. What is it?

Thanks!
Danielle

Tigerlilly
04-19-2007, 04:06 PM
I have never had one either but with all the hype you had better believe I will be having one in a week!

As I understand it it is a frozen concoction with some sort of dairy and pineapple chunks and juice:)

momof2munkies
04-19-2007, 04:20 PM
MMMMM........sounds yummy! Can't wait!:joy:

Clotho
04-19-2007, 04:43 PM
No chunks, but you're on the right track.

Dole Whips are essentially a pineapple-flavored soft-serve ice cream. The stands also sell vanilla and chocolate soft-serve, as well as a Dole Whip Float, which is ice cream in Dole pineapple juice.

I had read all about them before my trip in 2004. And it had been built up so much on these boards, I was afraid it wouldn't hold up to the hype. Hubby kinda wrinkled up his nose and said he thought he would just try a half-and-half pineapple/vanilla for his first time out. I told him that from all I had heard, he was going to wish he had just gone for the full-on pineapple, which is what I was getting.

Two bites into it (one taste of his and one taste of mine), he was sold. We loooove them. SOOO GOOD.

Get one and take it into the Tiki Room for a snack while you enjoy the show. It is the best tradition!

Mnchknbrat1982
04-19-2007, 04:58 PM
I probably won't get one just because we have a local family owned ice cream place that serves pinapple! It is yummy! I get one every time we go to tastee freeze!

DisneyDude1977
04-19-2007, 05:19 PM
The Dole Whip pineapple float is a must do on every trip to WDW.....no doubts there!

mickey-mouse35
04-19-2007, 06:29 PM
Dole Whips are awesome! We get ours by the Tiki Birds at MK. Any place else in WDW sell them?

Wolf
04-19-2007, 08:20 PM
Oh man I had no idea about the floats I cant wait to try one of them! But yeah be sure to try one they are fantastic!

mickeys_princess_mom
04-20-2007, 09:15 PM
I probably won't get one just because we have a local family owned ice cream place that serves pinapple! It is yummy! I get one every time we go to tastee freeze!

Trust me on this one---get one!! (Specifically the Dole Whip Float.....)I have tried many other "pineapple smoothies" looking for something to hold me over till I get back to the World...Nothing matches it!!
:cloud9:

Polynesian Dweller
04-20-2007, 10:24 PM
That makes me even more anxious to get to the Poly in Oct. Sounds spectacular can't wait to try one!!

MickeyDreamer
04-21-2007, 04:04 PM
All I can say is that in the past 10 days I had two dole whips. They are very refreshing on a warm day and a not to be missed if you enjoy pineapple! :thumbsup:

kellyisbusy
04-21-2007, 08:12 PM
YUM, these are my favorite treats when we go to MK. You are all making my mouth water for one and I have to wait until Sept. My other favorite quick food are the bake potatoes.

kellyisbusy
04-21-2007, 08:18 PM
Oh yeah, you could try this if you have an ice cream maker but it is not the same as being at Disney

1 quart pineapple juice (Dole)
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups cream
3 cups sugar
milk

Mix the pineapple juice and sugar -- make sure that the sugar is dissolved.
Next add the cream and vanilla.
Pour the whole mixture into the Ice Cream freezer container.
Add milk to finish filling to the "fill line".
At this point simply follow the instructions on your ice cream maker.
When the ice cream is ready you can serve it as is --
or you can stick it in the freezer for a while and let it set up a bit.

merlinmagic4
04-21-2007, 08:29 PM
I had my first Dole Whip on Monday last week! It was VERY good :cloud9:

momof2munkies
04-22-2007, 10:43 AM
Thanks so much for all the info! Can't wait to try one, we will be there in 2 days!:mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
04-22-2007, 10:47 AM
It's a little bit of heaven on earth:blush:

Spaceship Tigger
04-23-2007, 08:25 AM
Get one and take it into the Tiki Room for a snack while you enjoy the show. It is the best tradition!

That sounds like a good tradition - may have to try it next time!

Cathy S
04-23-2007, 10:43 AM
I know I am in the minority on this thread, but here goes anyway...We've tried both the whips and floats and agree that they are very good, HOWEVER, if I want a refreshing treat, just plunk me into the Sunshine Tree Terrace, around the corner from the Tiki Birds, and let me get a citrus swirl (vanilla soft serve with a swirl of frozen oj concentrate). That combination of sweet and tangy just can't be beat IMHO. As soon as we hit Main Street I want one! And on a hot afternoon - heaven:cloud9:

Clotho
04-23-2007, 04:48 PM
just plunk me into the Sunshine Tree Terrace, around the corner from the Tiki Birds, and let me get a citrus swirl (vanilla soft serve with a swirl of frozen oj concentrate). That combination of sweet and tangy just can't be beat IMHO. As soon as we hit Main Street I want one! And on a hot afternoon - heaven:cloud9:

Cathy, that sounds lovely! I will have to try it!:thumbsup: