PDA

View Full Version : Fort Lauderdale airport to Carnival Cruise Terminal

WelshieLover
04-19-2007, 04:00 PM
My in-laws for their 50th wedding anniversary are taking the whole family on a Carnival cruise - 18 of us total. My question is how far is it from the Fort Lauderdale airport to where the Carnival cruises leave? Is a taxi the best way to get there (there will be 4 of us in my party - all over age 17) or is there some kind of van service we can use? I am not sure all of us and our luggage would fit in 1 taxi.

BRJARE3
04-19-2007, 07:37 PM
We did a cruise a few years ago. We went with Royal Caribbean, but since we booked the air and cruise together, it included transportation to the ship. Royal Caribbean sent a shuttle to take us. The dock is about a 15 minute drive. It is close by. I'm sure you can get a taxi, but you might want to look at your package, to see if it includes transportation. Good luck and have fun! We love to cruise.

Disney Lynn
04-27-2007, 08:52 AM
I suggest posting this query on one of the many cruise message boards (such as Cruisecritic dot com). Post under the Carnival forum or the Ft Lauderdale forum.

Also, as already suggested, verify that transfers aren't already included. If not, you may want to price transfers (through Carnival) since you have such a large group. Even if you could save a little by doing it yourelf- in several taxis or vans, it might be more convenient to all stay together on the Carnival bus. Enjoy your cruise!

WelshieLover
05-02-2007, 10:46 AM
Thanks for your response. I should try another board or even the cruiseline. Even though there is a large group of us, we are coming in from different airports and some are coming in the night before, so I really only need to worry about the 4 of us!