PDA

View Full Version : Children's passport "thing" at Epcot..

Disdad13
04-19-2007, 03:47 PM
Can anybody tell me about the passport thing they do for kids at Epcot where they get a stamp at every stop in the WS? How does it work? Where do you go? Is it something a 5yr old would like? Thanks for the info!

murphy1
04-19-2007, 03:57 PM
My kids loved it, we let the two older ones, ages five and seven do it last year. They are at the Kidcot fun stops. You buy the passports for $10 and then the CMs in the countries sign them and stamp them. We still have China to finish up, but got all the rest. Their favorite stops were UK, Mexico and Canada, the CM's there were so friendly. They are at a table in each of the countries, you should find them pretty easily, we did. Also, they can decorate masks and my kids liked that part too.

Jerry2
04-19-2007, 04:34 PM
My kids loved it, we let the two older ones, ages five and seven do it last year. They are at the Kidcot fun stops. You buy the passports for $10 and then the CMs in the countries sign them and stamp them. We still have China to finish up, but got all the rest. Their favorite stops were UK, Mexico and Canada, the CM's there were so friendly. They are at a table in each of the countries, you should find them pretty easily, we did. Also, they can decorate masks and my kids liked that part too.

:ditto:

My son was about 6 the first time he did it and he loved it. They also have a craft project that they can add to at each countty. Hopefully they still have it.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/attractionDetail?id=KidcotFunStopsAttractionPage&bhcp=1

DVC2004
04-19-2007, 05:35 PM
My boys love it, too. We don't purchase the passports every trip. If you don't want to buy one, they have free masks the kids can take and have the stick stamped at each country and get a paper tag attached. If they make it to all the stops they'll get a prize at the last stop (Canada). The prize is no big deal (a poster) but my kids sure love it.

Jasper
04-19-2007, 05:48 PM
5 is really a perfect age for the World Passport program and the Kidcot stations where they do little crafts.

One word of warning though - if you are in a hurry, you may not want to mention it to your child. While it is a neat little diversion for the young'uns, it does take a little time, especially if your child really likes to take their time when being creative.

Actually, I guess I have two words of warning, just remember that if you let your child do any of the crafts then they become something else you have to carry around with you for the rest of the day. Granted, the crafts are small and lightweight but still, it is something else to hassle with and make sure you don't damage. I don't remember if they let you leave the craft at the station for later pickup but if they do and if you choose to go that route you then have to remember to go back and it is a long walk at the end of the day when you are tired.

tinksmom02
04-19-2007, 09:17 PM
DD4 did the passport AND the mask LOL and she really enjoyed both. She had fun coloring the mask, and the stickers that come with the passport kept her busy during lunch at LeCellier!

It became kind of a mission, though...we ran around each country, DH and myself trying to find the kidcot stop, and grandpa looking for the pressed penny machines LOL

We got all the stamps, though, and DD cried when she got her prize, I won't spoil it for you, but it's NOT a toy like she thought it would be :secret:

When we go back in Sept, I think we'll just do the mask again, if she wants.

Jerry2
04-19-2007, 10:01 PM
By the way... That mask that my son made when he was 6 is still on his dresser right next to his passport. He is 14 now, they are standing there among all his baseball and football posters, and right under his shelf of trophies. Evidently they still mean a lot to him.

crazeedizneefinatic
04-19-2007, 11:08 PM
Your little one will love it! I have seen children of all ages doing it. We never did the passport but have done the mask twice. It does take some time and some places you may have to wait to get to the craft table. My son LOVES to draw and color so it meant alot to him. Each country attatches a symbol to the mask. Some will write your childs name in their language, I can remember japan stamping the stick with his birth year. It really is a nice keepsake. At the end you get a "surprise" for completing it. Don't get too excited, but it is also a nice commemorative item. I say have fun, even make one yourself!:D

Cinderella's Lady in Waiting
04-20-2007, 08:59 AM
My kids did the mask one year and the passport the next. They were a little older.... I found the CM's tried to teach them some of the laguage in each country. They also wrote in the language of the country in there passports. Very cool. But we did have to lug them the rest of the day.:number1:

GiltterDisneyGirl
04-21-2007, 01:54 AM
When i was younger i loved them and still do i got one almost once a year. lol I Still try and read the messages the cast members leave. :blush:

Disney Maniac
04-21-2007, 06:29 PM
Were can you buy the passport books in the parks??? :confused:

dolphinmickey9170
04-21-2007, 07:54 PM
Our first stop was Mexico, and right inside the pavillion you can purchase the passports. Actually they should all have them, just ask. My DDs 13 and 15 did the passport only (not the craft with kidcot) and the cast members wrote in their language, and then explained what it said. They got their stamps and they had a great time doing it. They really enjoyed talking with folks from other countries.

Maleficent's Dad
04-21-2007, 08:49 PM
Were can you buy the passport books in the parks??? :confused:
You can purchase at just about any shop in EPCOT's WS.

The CM's are really great at these stops - they're very good with the kids. They write some cool messages in their own language.

Interestingly enough, on our last trip, DD did this for the first time - and loved it. DS (who is now 8), has already done it. He wanted no part of it. :unsure:

January-2007
04-26-2007, 09:59 AM
DH and I got a passport on our Honeymoon as a neat little keepsake. It was fun going to all the countries and getting it done. Sometimes we had trouble locating the kidcot stations, and we were also on the look out for the pressed pennies, tried to get all of those too, lots of fun. We worked on it one afternoon, then finished it on our last evening. If you are going to do it, get it early on, because we had already looked through some of the countries on a day prior, and had to revisit. Not that it's so bad, it just would have been simpler to get it all done at once. Enjoy! :mickey:

threeh
04-26-2007, 10:17 AM
My 3 kids did it last trip ages 4, 6 and 9 and they loved the passport. It was fun for them and allowed us to visit every country in WS.

Happy planning!!!:thumbsup:

Tinksalotdrama
04-26-2007, 01:25 PM
You go all around Epcot to the differnt countries and they have people set up. You give them the fake passport that you can buy at any country's gift shop. They will write a message in their own languge and tell you what it says. I think a five year old may not find any interest. We only did it for school because we had to tell why our trip was educational.
:teach: Hope that helps.