PDA

View Full Version : Planning a trip to VEGAS this June

lauralemm
04-19-2007, 12:00 PM
Yeah, its gonna be hot. I know.

We are staying at the Imperial Palace for free due to DH's comps (that is where he goes every year for Super Bowl with his boys.) So, we are mid-strip which is nice and convenient. We generally spend a lot of time away from the hotel except for late night gambling, and I have questions:

This trip we want to see a show-- any recommendations from recent travelers? Is Danny Gans worth the new high price?

Sushi recommendations?

Has anyone eaten at the Japanese restaurant in the Wynn? We walked thru the Wynn last time and are interested in maybe eating there or having drinks there and enjoying the ambiance-- anyone who did that and had an especially good experience?

Finally-- Buffet: is the buffet at Mirage as good as the Las Vegas Advisor would indicate? They advocated the buffet at the Alladdin last spring and we liked it well enough, but it wasn't as good as the buffet at Paris (which we are going to visit again.) We like to do one or two nice buffets...

Thanks!

ChipDale2708
04-19-2007, 01:20 PM
I'm going in June as well!! Yes, it will be hot - it was 104 last year the last week of June, but since it's dry heat it felt great. Of course all I do is lay under a palm tree by the pool all day so it's comfy. I seem to only gamble late at night.

As for shows, I can recommend Cirque's Love at the Mirge, Phantom at the Venetian, Barry Manilow at the Hilton and Lance Burton. I saw Danny Gans a couple of years ago, and while he was very good and funny, I wouldn't pay a ton for his show. Gordie Brown just opened at the Venetian to excellent reviews. He does the same sort of show as Danny Gans, but a little lower in price. We'll be going to see Celine this trip. Finally gave in since she's leaving in December.

Can't give you any info on sushi, but the Mirage buffet is very good. We stay there and checked it out when it first reopened and thought is was good. I love their salad station.

Have a great trip!

NJGIRL
04-23-2007, 04:35 PM
I really enjoyed Danny Gans. Also Cirque's Mystre at Treasure Island was excellant. IMO even the good shows in Vegas are overpriced but we usually splurge while on vacation anyway.

MNNHFLTX
04-24-2007, 10:10 AM
I want to second the recommendation for the Lance Burton show. It was the one show we saw when we were in Vegas and we enjoyed it tremendously. :thumbsup: