PDA

View Full Version : Traveling in a rental car from park to park

disneyfanforever
04-19-2007, 11:51 AM
I was just wondering, how many minutes drive is is from epcot to animal kingdom, magic kingdom to mgm. etc. Also, how long is is to downtown disney? Thanks for your help.:mickey:

MauiMouse
04-19-2007, 12:06 PM
By the time you get to your rental car in the parking lot of Epcot over to Animal Kingdom would take about 10-15 minutes max. Same for Animal Kingdom over to the TTC. But remember you have to wait for the ride over to the TTC from the parking lot, then you will have to wait for the Ferry or the monorail, which could add another 5-10 minutes to your wait time.

King Triton
04-19-2007, 12:12 PM
I find most of the inter-park drives are about 10 minutes from the time you leave one park to the time you arrive at the attendant for the other.

You probably already know this, but you only have to pay once a day for parking. Just show your parking ticket to the attendant.

Mendelson
04-19-2007, 02:09 PM
And if you join AAA beforehand, you get to park in the AAA lot, which is great.

However, when you hop from park to park, the AAA lot will almost certainly be full at the second (and subsequent) park you got to.

Jasper
04-19-2007, 02:24 PM
The drive time from one park to another is not terribly long, but with waiting in line to get through the booth, getting to and from your car, etc. you should allow about an hour for each transfer. This is about the same length of time it take if you use Disney Transport.

Of course this is just an average. If you are going at a particularly slow or busy time it may take longer or may go quicker.

If you are only paying for a rental car to go from park to park than I would suggest saving the money and using Disney transport instead. Even though the transport time is pretty equal to going in a car, why not sit back and let someone else do the driving and save some money at the same time?

mudpuppysmom
04-19-2007, 07:44 PM
We have always rented a car when we have gone as a family. And, we normallly stay at SOG, so they don't have airport transfers, so rental car or town car are your options there. Renting a car and having it is about the same as paying for a town car most of the time.

That said, we have usually gotten from resort to park or park to park much quicker using a rental car. As for waiting in line at the entrance.......it is usually pretty nonexistent, but we don't go during the summer months when it is crazy busy either. We've gone from AK to SOG (to freshen up for a minute or two) and to DTD in about an hour.....I say about, b/c maybe it was 1:20 at most.

I think driving yourself is much quicker MOST of the time, but not ALL of the time.

We like the freedom of a rental car too, which is another plus.