PDA

View Full Version : EMH at MK-- what to expect?

hope23
04-19-2007, 10:45 AM
I've never done EMH... DH and I will be there for a limited time and want to maximize our time and plan how long things will take. So... how busy is it usually during EMH at MK (we'll be there in early-mid May) and about how many "bigger" attractions can one feasibly fit into that extra hour?

Thanks!

hope23
04-19-2007, 11:20 AM
Also... any suggestions for which rides to do during that hour?

DizneyRox
04-19-2007, 11:29 AM
The mornings are probably not all that bad. I've been to a EMH at night at MK and you couldn't get near any of the big rides for probably the first hour and 1/2.

You might get in a ride or two. Unfortunately, several of the "big" rides are on opposite sides of the park. It would be hard to get Splash and Space in with any time to spare. But Pirates, Splash, and then maybe HM might be doable with plenty of time to spare.

satchel01
04-19-2007, 11:50 AM
I'm sure it's relative to when you're visiting, but I know that in July 04 and May 06 we did evening EMH at MK and got on the following rides each time:
Space Mountain
Buzz Lightyear
Peter Pan
Mickey's Philharmagic
Haunted Mansion
Pirates
and got on Splash but were evacuated halfway through(still counts tho bc we got on!)

I thought it was totally worth it. Yes the lines are a bit long at the beginning, but after about an hour they thin way out.

Lehman Family
04-19-2007, 01:42 PM
In our experiences the first hour or 2 of the EMH is always very busy no matter which park you're doing it at. The best chance to get on the rides are when they're doing shows like wishes or the parades because most people are watching them. After the shows it usually dies out. My DW and I are usually some of the last to leave. I love to stay late at the parks.

Marker
04-19-2007, 02:25 PM
Morning EMH - I head straight back to Fantasyland. There's almost NO ONE back there. First thing is obviously It's A Small World.

Evening EMH - starts out a little crowded, but diminishes as time goes on. By the end, there aren't many people at all, most of the "biggies" are open, and very little line. In March, almost the ONLY line was Space Mountain, and that took about 10-15 minutes.

MOJoe
04-19-2007, 03:58 PM
Most guides will say that the park that has morning EMH will be the busiest of all 4. And it will also be one of the busiest days that week. So if you plan to go to MK on an early EMH day here is my suggestion.

Get there early, 30 min. before park opening, have your hit list of favorite attractions with you, and when the rope drops - go for it! I don't think it matters which "land" you start with, but being one of the first in the park will allow you to cover most of the major attractions before the lines become too long.

Now you have a choice. The park will be very crowded by 11:00. You can stay put and see the shows and other minor attractions, you can go back to your resort for a pool/nap break, OR you can Park Hop to another less crowded park. (provided you paid for that option) If you decide to leave and not Hop, you can still return in the evening as the crowds begin to thin.

I have done all of these things at different times. I most prefer to Hop, 2nd choice is an afternoon nap, and most exhausting is to stay and tough it out. But even an exhausting day at MK is still a good day. So really there is not a wrong choice here.

Hope this puts some illumination on your plans.
Wait - illuminations - that's at Epcot.

TinyDancer
04-20-2007, 10:29 AM
Since you said "extra hour" I'm assuming you mean the morning EMH. If you really want to maximize your touring during that hour, you're going to have to be willing to sacrifice some sleep, lol. Get to the park as early as you can, an hour is best. Then you're first in line at the turnstiles and when they let you up to the bridge you can be in the front of the mob. When the countdown expires, walk as FAST as you can. Some people run, but I wouldn't suggest it. The only things open are FantasyLand and TomorrowLand during the morning EMH. Hit FantasyLand first, then go down into TomorrowLand. I would say don't get fast passes for anything, except maybe Space Mountain as you pass on by. After you hit everything you want in those two lands, quick step over to FrontierLand and ride the other two mountains. Pick up a fast pass for Jungle Cruise if you want to ride that. It doesn't actually open until later I think, but I also think you can get a fast pass. Someone else will be sure to correct that if I'm wrong! As far as how long things will take... My family took 35 minutes to walk down Main Street and kill everything in FantasyLand, but that takes some great manouvering skills and fast walking! :thumbsup:

dumbo ears
04-21-2007, 12:03 PM
usually it is only busy for the first hour but the last hour of emh is the best to due all the rides. we rode splash mountain 3 times in about 15 with no wait. we ended up riding splash 3 times last time we were there during emh and rode SM, BTMRR at least 2 times each the last emh. so i say they are the best way to do everything you want.

dolphinmickey9170
04-21-2007, 08:06 PM
I've never done EMH, but I sure can't wait.....13 days and counting....How early should you get your EMH bracelet??

goofygirl67
04-22-2007, 05:28 PM
I now only do the night EMH. I go to another park that morning and then take a break. I will go to the EMH park and right then, I get my bracelet. Last year I was in the MK at 3:30am, I have a picture with myself and the Mainstreet clock to prove it. I love the nighttime due to it gets cooler and it is easier to get around. I can also ride all the rides I want to many times over.:cloud9:

Spaceship Tigger
04-23-2007, 07:21 AM
During morning EMHs during the slow season, we've been able to wipe out most of Fantasyland or Tomorrowland in that first hour. We don't ever pass up morning EMHs anymore.