PDA

View Full Version : Dream “Job” for a Day at Disneyland Winners

Carol
04-19-2007, 07:56 AM
From Disneyland Media;

Twenty-five American Workers Escape the Daily Grind to Live Out Their Dream “Job” for a Day at Disneyland

Anaheim, Calif. April 17, 2007 – After nearly 1 million votes, America is sending 25 of their favorite Dream “Job” finalists to Disneyland Resort in June. The most popular videos included a Princess-in-Waiting, who received more than 70,000 votes and a Haunted Mansion Butler/Maid who received nearly 50,000 votes.

Each winner will live out their ultimate Disney Dream “Job” in one of the five categories: Jungle Cruise Skipper, Pirate, Haunted Mansion Butler or Maid, Princess-in-Waiting and Disney Park Parade Performer.

“When we announced our Dream ‘Job’ search, I’m not sure we realized just how wildly popular the initiative would be; the response has been simply overwhelming,” said Michael Mendenhall, executive vice president, global marketing, Disney Destinations. “America had some tough choices to make with so many creative and entertaining video resumes. We look forward to welcoming them into their Dream ‘Job’ roles this June.”

Spanning 50 states, Disneyland will welcome winners from California to New York. Whether it’s perfecting the royal wave or mastering their most chilling grins, each winner will have two months to hone their talents.

From make-up and rehearsals to costume fittings in one of the world’s largest wardrobes, winners will serve as “Honorary Disney Cast Members for the Day” and experience what it’s like to be a Disney Park cast member. Additionally, the Dream “Job” winners will take part in a unique learning experience where they are immersed in various Disney traditions before they carry-out their “job” for the day. Winners will also be given a special opportunity to ride Disneyland’s newest attraction, Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, which officially opens to the public on June 11.

A Glimpse Into Each Dream “Job”

Jungle Cruise Skippers will help provide witty commentary as they entertain guests aboard the attraction and make their way through Disneyland’s adventurous jungle voyage.

Each Pirate will be given a distinct personality, name and “cursed” prop inspired by the “Pirates of the Caribbean” movies as they join the Pirate’s Lair on Tom Sawyer Island. Dream “Job” Pirates will interact with guests, their fellow Pirate crew and, of course, Captain Jack Sparrow.

As the Haunted Mansion Butlers and Maids steadfastly work to create the most chilling atmosphere in all of Disneyland, they will greet and welcome guests who enter the world-famous “expanding room.” The Butlers will also act as “groundskeepers” who walk “ghost dogs” outside and around the mansion, while the Maids perform in the foyer.

Disney’s Princesses-in-Waiting will join the rest of the “Princess Fantasy Faire” at the Fantasyland Theater. The princesses will interact with guests before the “Royal Coronation Ceremony” and help demonstrate how to properly wave and curtsey, as well as teach the guests the Royal Dance.

Disney Parks Parade Performers will play an instrumental role in Disney’s “High School Musical Pep Rally” parade as part of the “East High School” ensemble. Each Parade Performer will participate in the basketball shoot-around and showcase their special Wildcat moves to help spread “Wildcat Fever.”

The 25 Dream “Job” winners are:

Jungle Cruise Skipper:
William Betts, Fresno, CA
Brodie H. Brockie, Ann Arbor, MI
Amanda Dron, Webster, NY
Jason Klein, Naples, FL
Grant McConaughy, Castle Rock, CO

Pirate:
William Bean IV, Groveland, NY
Stephanie Burke, Charlotte, NC
Brynne Geiszler, Seattle, WA
Alexander Megas, Sunnyvale, CA
Kenneth White, Lone Grove, OK

Haunted Mansion Butler/Maid:
Richard Brigante, Winter Garden FL
Timothy Dunne, Nashua, NH
Gordon Free, Freeland, WA
Michael Hemphill, Tucson, AZ
Karen Lemker, Magnolia, TX

Princess-in-Waiting:
Eliza Edel, New York, NY
Heather Kuhns, Allentown, PA
Jordan Leigh Tripp, Orem, UT
Kimberly Merritt, Edmond, OK
Catharin Morello, High Bridge, NJ

Disney Park Parade Performer:
Brandon Barbosa, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Roxanne Fermin, Riverside, CA
Heather Harris, Edgewater, MD
Lisa Mettlen, Raytown, MO
Allison Kaori Shiozaki-Kawamoto, Cerritos, CA

About CareerBuilder.com-Disney Parks Dream “Job” Contest

Hundreds of Dream “Job” wannabes submitted online video resumes showcasing their most original and creative attributes, including their reasons for wanting to work at a Disney Park, qualifications and skills for their desired position and why this is their Disney Parks Dream “Job.”

Christine
04-24-2007, 03:06 PM
Wow, congratulations Ken! :mickey:

DoomBuggyDude
04-24-2007, 03:32 PM
Congrats, Ken!

We got a pair of stiped socks and highwater
pants reserved just for you! :D
(Psst! Go for the HAT, skip the scarf. You'll
stand out a lot better!)

Yo ho!

ChipDale
04-26-2007, 12:35 PM
:mickey: That's me!!!:mickey:

Congratulations! I'd love to read a report of your experience. :mickey:

Chescat
04-26-2007, 07:53 PM
:mickey: That's me!!!:mickey:
I did see yours. We showed a bunch of other people that when GiltterDisneyGirl told us about you. I think yours was one of the better ones, you made me laugh everytime I saw it. :D

Disney Babe
04-27-2007, 05:25 PM
Congratulations Ken!!:congrats: :pirate:

Here's a shout out to the winners from my neck of the woods, Rancho and Riverside! Brandon Barbosa (gotta love that name) and Roxanne Fermin. Way to go I.E.! Enjoy the parade!

:congrats:

Chescat
05-01-2007, 09:12 PM
The pirate crew that you will be interacting with is awesome. Been seeing them around for the last year. The Jack Sparrow we normally see on the weekends a lot of fun. He really interact with the people. We meet up with him on Saturday on the stairwell to the gallery. He prompted stole our drink and pretended to be drinking it. Fortunately I wasn't carrying anything he could get, but I got that look. :D