PDA

View Full Version : All 4 parks one day

jans2kids
04-19-2007, 07:38 AM
We let our sons pick something special they want to do this year so my DS 13 decided that the last full day he wants to visit all 4 parks in one day doing 2-3 favorites at each park. Has anyone else ever tried doing all parks in the same day and did you have a plan that worked out good minmizing travel time.

DisneyMP3Maker
04-19-2007, 08:11 AM
MY wife and I did the 4 parks in 1 day a little over a year ago. It actually went better than I thought it would.
We started out at AK and did the Safari, Dinosaur, Tough to be a Bug.
Then we jumped to MGM where we went on Star Tours, Tower of Terror, Great Movie Ride (2x), and Muppetvision.
Then we hopped to MK and rode Space Mt., Pirates, HM, and Splach Mt.
The last stop was EPCOT where we went to Soarin, Spaceship Earth, Journey into Imagination, and watched Illuminatinos as the night cap.

It was a great day. We were never rushed at all. You can catch a bus or monorail from any park to any other park. We had planned out practically the entire day the previous night, so we knew what we wanted to do. It made it go much smoother.

Good luck with it. It's a ton of fun to go from park to park to park to park.

Tuke
04-19-2007, 08:13 AM
I've done this before, and it's quite the adventure. It will wear you out though. Our plan was to start at AK on an extra magic morning. We then caught the bus to MK which wasn't a long delay. After MK, we then hopped the monorail to EPCOT which was very quick. We then took the back exit from EPCOT and rode the boat from EPCOT to MGM. After our favorite attractions there, we then went to DTD for much needed R & R.

ENJOY!

Diznee4Me
04-19-2007, 09:02 AM
Ok, my turn and my plan of attack.:D

It was for my B-day back in Dec 05 and because the DW, DD, DD's friend and I were there a week, we didn't need to necessarily hit a lot of rides but we did a few in each park.

We left our resort and hit AK first (Dinosaur!, KS). Next we took the bus to MGM (Backlot Tour, GMR). From MGM we took the boat to EPCOT (Maelstrom, SE, M:S, TT, lunch at Alfredo's) and finally the monrail to MK - where we rode rides until closing.

We started about 8:30 and finally hit MK at 5:30 as the sun was setting. A long day but worth it!

moe513
04-19-2007, 09:08 AM
Sounds like fun and very exhausting.

King Triton
04-19-2007, 12:30 PM
It can be done. As I posted in a different thread, you might not want to hit Epcot or MGM early.

At Epcot, World Showcase doesn't open until 11 AM, so you couldn't do anything there and Future World tends to be a little more crowded. However, if Soarin' is on the list, you might have to go early to avoid a long wait or a delayed FP.

At MGM, if one of your favorites is any of the "live" shows (Lights, MOtors..., Indy, etc.), the shows tend not to start until quite late in the morning and early afternoon.

Zippy_D_DooDah
04-19-2007, 01:19 PM
I have never done all four in one day, but that is something that I may try on my next trip. I did, however, do 3 parks between 12:00p and 4:00pm. I started at MGM (rode RRC). Then caught a boat to the Swan/Dolfin drop, walked across the bridge into Boardwalk and on through the International Gateway into Epcot where I pulled a fast pass for Soarin' and headed to Test Track. It helps that I was a single rider. Went back to Soarin' then hopped the Monorail to TTC. Took the ferry over to MK. There I rode SM, POTC, HM, PP and wrapped up my day with a haircut. This was during a February trip so the crowds were much lighter. It was also my birthday. A special thank you to my wife and mom for giving me a "Daddy Day."

Mendelson
04-19-2007, 01:52 PM
It's not as daunting as it might sound and while I wouldn't plan a day to do it just to do it,if it was out of necessity it's definitely a great way to experience WDW. And you are paying for the hopping option, after all.

Plan it all out, of course. A few years ago we only had two days at the parks and we easily did three parks on one of the days (and could have gotten in AK if we had wanted). My family was amazed at how much we got to do and how seamless it all was. But again, it was about careful plannning.

ravsluvdisney
04-19-2007, 01:55 PM
Sounds like a fun, busy and different way to spend a day at WDW. With our DS' 5 & 7 we'll have to wait for excessive 1-day park hopping. If or when we did try it what what we hit at each park? Hmmmm.....

MK - Splash/Thunder combo, PofTC, maybe HM and dogs at Casey's

AK - Safari and EE, one of the shows

MGM - TofT, R&RC, Lights/Motors etc.

Epcot - Crush, TT, Soarin', Maelstrom and the Three Cabelleros and din-din at the UK

Yeah, that'll work. ;)

MauiMouse
04-19-2007, 01:59 PM
I've done it as recently as last month. I had the luxury of being by myself with a rental car. I started my day at Animal Kingdom where I rode E:E, wandered both trails, left before 11am and made my way over to Magic Kingdom. I rode my favorite, the TTA and got to see the new Laugh Floor Comedy show, had lunch at Columbia Harbour House and then took the car over to Epcot. At Epcot I rode Spaceship Earth and was luckily enough to be given a FP for Soarin', after Soarin' I walked via the pathway over to MGM. I entered the park and just walked around without going on any rides, then walked back to get UK Fish and Chips to go.

I left my resort at 8:30am and returned back at 6:00pm exhausted. It's definitely do-able.

Have fun! :mickey:

Jasper
04-19-2007, 02:13 PM
While it is certainly possible to do all 4 in one day, how many attractions you get to actually partake of is determined greatly by how crowded the parks are. If you are going at a peak time you will have a hard time doing more than 1 or 2 attractions at each park. This becomes even more difficult if the attractions you want to do are at opposite ends of each park.

We actually did this about 5 years ago more by accident than on purpose. We always start our days as early as possible and are always the last ones out of the parks at night so we had a lot of time. Plus we were there a week before Thanksgiving which is a pretty slow time as far as crowds go. We started in Animal Kingdom and ended up at Epcot because Animal Kingdom had the earliest open time and Epcot the latest close time. We actually got in about 4 attractions at each park that day.

Marker
04-19-2007, 02:20 PM
While I haven't done 4, I did once do all 3 fireworks shows (Fantasy in the Sky, Fantasmic, Illuminations) all in one evening. That was fun.

AliceinDisney
04-19-2007, 02:38 PM
That sounds like quite an adventure! I like to Park Hop too, but depending on what theme park I go to I usually decide to go to a different one in the evening. Honestly I find if you've been to Disney enough times there are certain things you can skip. I definitely skipped a lot of the cheesier things like Swiss Family and Country Bears in favour of the more popular attractions. Doesn't look like I'll get to do that this time, since its my bf's first time going since he was 8, and now he's 33! He wants to do everything, and leave nothing out in five days! So looks like we'll be cramming it all in. What I did last trip was I went to say MGM during the Day and EPCOT for dinner, so thats what I enjoy to do is mix it up a bit.

raff626
04-19-2007, 04:12 PM
I did all 4 parks in one day last year for my birthday. I did go on some rides, but the main objective was to collect all 4 birthday buttons. The best was in Epcot. Not only did I get a special phone call, but the cm, who was from France, sang "Joyeaux Anniversaire" to me as well.

KAJUNKING
04-19-2007, 04:30 PM
I did all 4 parks in one day last year for my birthday. I did go on some rides, but the main objective was to collect all 4 birthday buttons. The best was in Epcot. Not only did I get a special phone call, but the cm, who was from France, sang "Joyeaux Anniversaire" to me as well.

:welcome: to intercot!!!!!!!

NJDad
04-19-2007, 07:59 PM
My daughter's done a couple times. (I usually hit 3 of the 4).

It helps to hit an early entry park (say, MK), do AK or Studios next, then the other one, then end at Epcot. It also helps to have access to a car for the latter 3.

Vanlandingham
04-20-2007, 02:23 AM
I've done it once, and probably won't do it again. But it is worth the experience to try it one time.

Goofster
04-20-2007, 01:56 PM
Let's take it to the next level...

Who has done all 4 parks plus at least one water park too?:secret:

Or is that just crossing over into insanity! ;)

Diznee4Me
04-20-2007, 08:40 PM

After we hit the four parks - we came back and soaked our feet in the hot tub at the resort! Can that count?:D

murphy1
04-20-2007, 08:45 PM
Back when I was a native and got free admission, I used to take people on the "Shari's excellent 3 park adventure" Basically, it was me taking friends from out of state on a personal tour of the then three theme parks prior to AK and I was in my 20's and ran half-marathons. Unless you are familiar with the parks, I highly advise not doing this!LOL

Shari

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-20-2007, 10:29 PM
I've done 3 parks and Pleasure Island in one day. We were only down for a long weekend for a unique wedding (to be nice) so we had to maximize our time since it was my youngest sisters first time there. We did all the highlights in each park and jumped to the next one. Tired? Yes. Did we enjoy it? Definitely yes!

Jared
04-20-2007, 11:26 PM
Visiting all four theme parks in one day sounds like too much work. I suppose it's possible, but I don't know who anyone would want to travel so much in such a short time.

If you are bent on trying, though, I suggest starting at Animal Kingdom in the morning. After hitting the favorites, bus to Disney-MGM Studios. Then take the boat (or walk) to Epcot, ending with a monorail ride to the Magic Kingdom.

That's how I would try, I guess.

:confused:

jedigrrrl
04-21-2007, 12:31 PM
Its super fun and do-able! My advice would be NOT to get on the boat if you are travelling from Epcot to MGM or vice versa. It takes waaaay too long. Take the bus.

If you can post what day you plan on doing this and whether or not you are staying on-site(EMH eligibility) I can give you a plan! We do this all the time!! If you are flexible, it will work out fine.

DizneyFreak2002
04-21-2007, 01:02 PM
I never tried 4 parks in 1 day.... Good luck with trying it though...

NJDad
04-22-2007, 06:43 AM

Well, my daughter did 4 parks AND a sitdown meal at Boma AND went off property all in the same day (but the last bit was when neither the trainee driver nor the driver trainer trainee nor the driver trainer trainer at the front of the bus knew which way to go).

DisneyJunkie
04-22-2007, 08:42 AM
It's actually not as difficult as you might imagine, and sometimes not as time-consuming as you'd think, either. As long as you have clearly in mind exactly which attractions you want to see or do in each park, and stick to that, you could probably hop to each park at least twice in a day. We do that and then end up in our favorite park at the end, re-doing those same attractions and then hitting some of the secondary ones.

Rain0975
04-23-2007, 02:48 PM
Definitely possible, and a lot of fun too!

I'm an Orlando local, and for the first time we have passes to all the local theme parks at once. So I chose a slow day this past December and hit all 7 of them in one day: the two Universal parks, SeaWorld, and all 4 Disney parks. As others here have said, it's not too tough if you have a plan, only expect to do a few things at each park, know your way around (and between) the parks relatively well, and happen to be doing it on a day without big crowds. I got to Universal at 9am and left EPCOT around 6:45pm--time to spare!

Good luck! :mickey:

SorcererJim
04-24-2007, 11:50 PM
My Wife and I did this on our 5th Anniversary... We were only there for two days after a cruise... We were staying at the AKL and had a rental car. We started at the AK (had breakfast and rode the safari / trails / LK show), next up MGM for a RRC ride and playing Who Wants To be a millionare! Then over to the MK to wander and enjoy all things disney (I am sure we rode some rides, can't remember which ones though) Watched the afternoon parade and then headed over to Epcot for a wonderful meal at Le Cellier and watch the parade (oh the memories) and Illuminations... what too much you say... how about hoping back on the monorail and make it back to MK to catch the fireworks from main street! Take about your full day...

Oh, did I mention that my wife was 5 MONTHS PREGNANT!! We were definitly nuts that year! :)

SorcererJim

Last Few Trips
2006: Poly
2005: Poly
2003: DTD Hilton
2002: AKL
2000: Off Site (Marriott & Family Suites -- Now Nick Hotel)
1998: Port Orleans: FQ

glenpreece
04-25-2007, 09:56 AM
I love doing multiple parks everyday! I'll star with an EMH morning somewhere do that head somewhere else and then close out the evening at another park. I'll only do all 4 if I am on a solo trip. I don't think anybody could keep up with me, it's hard enough for them as it is.

mdricks
04-25-2007, 11:07 AM
I have done this 3 times now on solo excursions. The 4 park day is not only doable but can be alot of fun.

I must admit, however, that the best 4 park day i have had was done with only one plan in mind. First to ride space mountain and last to ride space mointain on the same day. Mission accomplished!

Beyond that i just wandered from park to park and did whatever seemed to have a shorter line or struck my fancy. Rode EE 3 times (it was a preview week). Didnt get to ride splash (my all time fave). Had evening EMH at MK so i was in the zone for approximately 18 hours.

I guss the moral of my experience is, dont try to "fit things in" just go with the flow... Im going again in 20 days and my only plan is a segway tour to start my day at epcot. after that? Who knows.

Mickeydream
04-25-2007, 07:54 PM
Rain, I loved the pictures of your most adventurous excursion of 7 parks in one day. You did a nice job of documenting your day. I have been to all of them except Islands of Adventure, but NEVER all in one day. Actually, even 4 parks in one day is more than I care to try. :thumbsup:

CandleontheWater
04-25-2007, 11:11 PM
I almost always hit 4 parks in a day. I'm usually by myself or with my energetic hubby, and since we usually only go down for a weekend (Sat/Sun) we really hit it hard, in at 8:00 for morning EHM, and we don't go back to the resort until the bitter end of evening EMH. The last time I went I was in AK at 8, rode EE a few times, left before 9, went to MGM, rode ToT, RnRR, and Muppets, went to the MK, hung around for a while, decided I wanted to eat lunch at the Cantina in Mexico, hopped the monorail to have lunch and a spin through SE, went back to the MK and hung out there for the rest of the evening, finally leaving the park around 1:30. I got back to Shades of Green around 2, went to sleep and woke up at 6:30, so I could check out and get over to Epcot in time for morning EMH. Needless to say I crashed pretty hard Sunday night! :D