PDA

View Full Version : Extra Magic Hours question

epceddie
04-19-2007, 12:58 AM
Is late October (21-28) a good time to take advantage of EMH?
Also, is it better to go in the morning or evening.
I'm just wondering how the crowds are.
I'll be honeymooning and my bride-to-be has never been to WDW before. She's really excited and wants to experience everything the parks have to offer.

Thanks in advance for all your help. These forums are a blast!

epceddie

MickeysBestPal
04-19-2007, 03:02 AM
Each EMH experience can be different.

I always go to AM EMH (virtually every day of the trip that we did not do a PM EMH late the night before)... never ONCE regretted an AM EMH... they are amazingly empty and easy to ride the open attractions.
If that park THEN starts to fill 2 to 3 hours later...
Were happy with "doing" that park for the day and we can HOP elsewhere or do lunch and take a rest until later.

PM EMH's are a mixed bag. I've been when they were PACKED... but on other nights (sometimes within the same trip), the crowds were basically so low that it was like "free rides" on all the open attractions.

Those who have attended PM EMH's and say that "they are TOO CROWDED" are right... but ONLY for the nights they may have attended.
I can say, from personal experience, that they CAN be EMPTY, or FULL or somewhere IN-BETWEEN for attendance, often within the same week.

It can change so much (either way), that saying it was "like X" on a given night, can be meaningless on another night in the same time-period. So, you simply don't KNOW unless you go. Its similar to saying that you attended on a given night and it rained, so guests should never go on that night because it will probably be rainy.

The rule seems to be, it is far easier for guests to STAY UP at the end of the day, than it is for them to GET UP at the start of the day.

But, considering EMH's are FREE to attend... if its busy, just people-watch or hit the exit (where ELSE are ya gonna go at 10pm, anyway?)
But if its not busy... you're ALL SET for EXTRA FUN!

senecabeach
04-19-2007, 06:18 AM
Since it will be the two of you on this "Magical" honeymoon/vacation.....go in the evenings and just relax, take it slow and enjoy the ambiance of the parks at nightime.

Its truly a unique experience especially at the MK and after WISHES when everyone else is rushing out of the park...stay, get an ice cream and take a leisurely stroll near the castle and "Enjoy" !!:number1:

moe513
04-19-2007, 12:00 PM
We found that the emh am is great. We get there early and get alot done before 11;00. It seem to be crowded by 11:00. Then we stop for a cs early lunch because we havent had breakfast yet. Then we do a liittle more and leave the park around 3pm to go back to the resort for a few hours and head back out for a great ts meal. We have found the emh pm to be packed and avoid them. Good Luck

epceddie
04-19-2007, 11:30 PM
Thanks for your responses. I thinke we're going to try both and see what happens.

October can't get here quick enough.

epceddie