PDA

View Full Version : New ideas for a new park?

Darin M
04-18-2007, 10:41 PM
I think we all want to see a new park. I know I would. One more thing to do while in Orlando. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any original ideas for new Disney theme parks or new Disney rides? Use your imagination!

MrPeetrie
04-18-2007, 11:17 PM
I'm probably in the very minority, but do not wish to see another park built just yet. I'd prefer to continue to see the existing parks flushed out a little more. You can see it happening in Animal Kingdom and I think Disney-MGM is next.

Epcot has been getting some terrific new rides, as well (Mission: Space, Nemo, Turtle Talk, Soarin', and now the planned overhaul of Spaceship Earth). I'm happy with the four. It's a challenge scheduling a vacaction and budgeting your time to explore the four that our there, not to mention Downtown Disney.

But as I say, I'm probably in the very minority.

Vanlandingham
04-18-2007, 11:47 PM
I'm probably in the very minority, but do not wish to see another park built just yet.

Perhaps, but I for one agree with you on this one. At least for now just stick with the four.

Raye3201
04-18-2007, 11:51 PM
I agree - I like the four parks, but I'd like to see something done about MGM. It's such a concrete jungle there - I'd love to see a Hogwart's castle or Potter ride there and a bit more grass overall!:mickey:

BigRedDad
04-19-2007, 06:40 AM
I would prefer not to have another park. What they need to add is more thrill rides. I think if they had 4-5 new thrill rides, it would be that much better:

2-3 induction rollercoasters (at least one inverted)
Delirium from Paramount's park

Mickey91
04-19-2007, 11:16 AM
I would prefer not to have another park. What they need to add is more thrill rides. I think if they had 4-5 new thrill rides, it would be that much better:

2-3 induction rollercoasters (at least one inverted)
Delirium from Paramount's park
Disney isn't about thrill rides, it's about being together as a family. Walt wanted a place where the whole family could have fun together. Not everyone sit around and watch others have a good time. I know a lot of people enjoy the thrill rides. My DH and DS love them!! But with all the parks that center around them, lets leave Disney for the family. There are two or three parks in every state that have mostly thrill rides. If that is what you are looking for, then go to one of them. Or, Disney could build a more adult, thrill ride themed park. But leave the existing parks alone. Better yet, add some more family rides for both the very young and young at heart, to the existing parks!

King Triton
04-19-2007, 12:24 PM
I'd like to see Disney acquire Sea World from Busch and connect SW to the complex with a high speed monorail (I don't even want to think of how much that would cost).

I can't really think of a compelling fifth park...maybe have an adventure movie park, with the lands representing movies that Disney either produced or has a relationship with: Star Wars land, Hogwarts, Pirates of the Caribbean land (or sea), National Treasure and maybe one or two more...

CM~Mserrano
04-19-2007, 02:52 PM
I know it would never happen but if there was a new park I wish it could be, like Classic Disney or something like that. Bring back all the old rides they got rid of that we all know and love.

20,000 leagues under the sea, Mr. toad (even though it's in DL) Take Flight, Mission to Mars, Alien Enounter, Horizons, World of motion, etc. I would love another chance to get on those rides again. I know it would never happen, but one could always wish!

Former CM at Mission: Space
~Meredith

SandmanGStefani24
04-19-2007, 03:58 PM
classic disney would be great, but I think WDW should work on the main 4 parks before building another one. MGM needs some more attention, just my 2 cents.

Exo
04-19-2007, 08:00 PM
I vote for a classic Disney. All the rides, parades and shows, no matter how politically incorrect. 70's and 80's were the greatest times for WDW.
:thumbsup:

LudwigVonDrake
04-19-2007, 08:17 PM
They're not building a new park anytime soon. They need to focus on fixing what they have, which includes adding to MGM :mickey:

disneyfunatics
04-20-2007, 12:37 PM
I have to admit, I love the books and the movies, and the idea of some sort of interactive theme park related to the HP series seems pretty cool to me!:mickey: :mickey: :mickey:

RocknRoller94
07-26-2007, 02:12 PM
I'd like a Roller Coaster based on Indiana Jones like what they have in Paris. I'd also like a park based on Science Fiction and put in LIM Powered Coasters.

Marceline
07-26-2007, 04:42 PM
I agree expanding and upgrading the 4 current parks is best. As far as a 5th park, I would vote for a 3rd water park, perhaps a pirate/princess theme.

I am confused why folks are suggesting a Harry Potter related park or rides, as Disney has nothing to do with the books or the movies. Warner Brothers owns those rights and Universal is opening a HP themed area. And since I am not big into HP it will not drag me away from Disney at all.:D

PeterPanFan
07-26-2007, 04:54 PM
I vote classic Disney as well. But first lets improve 2 of the other parks first.

I think MK is just fine. I love that place

Animal Kingdom has come a long way.

MGM needs help. More rides needed bad. Family rides!

Epcot I love so much but it seems like it is starting to lag behind

emmingo
07-26-2007, 04:55 PM
I am for upgrading the current ones, too (especially Animal Kingdom), but I would love to see them open an American version of DisneySea, which is the second gate at Tokyo Disneyland. That place is AWESOME (and it has so many of the old rides, like 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea). Its huge, though, since its basically like a "Disney's Greatest Hits" kind of park.

crazeedizneefinatic
07-26-2007, 05:30 PM
The following is not a putdown of amusement parks, believe it or not our family does enjoy them. But.........
I agree "no" to a new park. I also agree with no more thrill rides (coasters and such). WDW is about experiences. New "experience" rides would be okay or updating the ones they have. Carnival rides do not belong in such a unique place as Disney. This is not to say that we don't enjoy coasters. We used to go to Universal but that park has become like any other park to me. Why would I travel that far and pay so much to ride a rollar coaster. We have a choice of 3 very good amusement parks close to us here at home. Disney is supposed to be unique and hopefully it will stay that way. Disney is about dreams and imagination.