PDA

View Full Version : It's best in Disney

baldburke
04-18-2007, 10:04 PM
I've seen all the posts about the bad pizza and the weak coffee, but wht do you get in Disney that you think is better than at home or maybe anywhere else?

My wife loves the rice krispy treats and the chocolate. Each night on the way back from the parks she will get one or the other to snack on before settling in for bed. I don't know if she thinks they are better, but they seem to be a regular favorite of hers time and time again.

RockChalkKimball
04-18-2007, 10:24 PM
For me it is the carrot cake. The best can be found at POR. I'm sure that it is the same cake at other places in the "world", but for some reason it tastes best at POR.

Camping Mom
04-18-2007, 10:59 PM
Getting off the boat at Ft. Wilderness, going into the trading post and getting a Mickey shaped Eskimo pie!! Now that's Disney!!:mickey:

Goes4FastPass
04-19-2007, 12:16 AM
I enjoy allof the kinds of food available at WDW from carts to 'signature'. Disney has unique theming and, of course, character meals.

But when I take my off magic glasses and consider what actually goes on the plate, I can't think of ANYthing offered at WDW that I can't get an equal or better version of at my local mall.

cinderellagrl
04-19-2007, 01:39 AM
most of mine are snacks....

a) popcorn!
b) caramel apples
c) rice krispy treats
d) molten lava cakes (like at Cali Grill... couple of other places too)

Mickey 101
04-19-2007, 02:14 AM
1) Salmon dinner at Tusker House

2) Nachos at Cantina de San Angel

3) Vegetarian platter at Tangierine Cafe

4) Cobb Salad at Hollywood Brown Derby

5) Ice cream bars (either Cookies 'n Cream or Mickey Premium Bar) :bar:

mrsgaribaldi
04-19-2007, 07:59 AM
Ice cream:thumbsup: I don't like it anywhere else but Fantasyland in the MK and a dole whip. (I like ice cream in Keansburg too but I hardly ever go there:blush: ) Otherwise I don't eat it:secret:

January-2007
04-19-2007, 08:01 AM
The giant rice krispee treats purchased at the store next to the Country Bear Jamboree. We bought 3 of them! Also, the popcorn there is great. We love fresh popcorn!

MissStyles
04-19-2007, 08:22 AM
Another HUGE fan of WDW popcorn. The smell alone draws me in....:popcorn:

Also the croissants and danishes from any bakery. I don't eat them anywhere but in WDW! :mickey:

PracticallyPerfectMollie
04-19-2007, 08:33 AM
Where else can you get a huge turkey leg? And where else would you walk around eating it?:mickey:

tink55
04-19-2007, 08:45 AM
I'm going to second the Vegetarian platter at Tangierine Cafe! We've eaten at a lot of Mediterranean restaurants, even fancier ones, and haven't had a better platter anywhere.

I also love the Mickey's deluxe chocolate assortment that they sell boxed in all the park & resort gift shops - I like these chocolates better than Godiva's.

MissStyles
04-19-2007, 08:46 AM
I thought of another one, because I can't get it anywhere else (that I know of) but in Epcot. School Bread from the bakery in Norway. Coconut heaven.....:cloud9:

deltaxi108
04-19-2007, 08:55 AM
It has to be the cheddar cheese soup at Le Cellier:number1:

poeticeclipse
04-19-2007, 11:01 AM
Call me crazy but my fiance and I are a sucker for the fries with cheese at Pop's food court. Goodness, whenever he see's french fries he says "they're not as good as Disney's!" haha.

I also haven't found better cheesecake than at Shutters.

LizLovesDiz
04-19-2007, 12:14 PM
There is nothing like a Mickey shaped short bread cookie,awesome !!!:mickey: :mickey:

Duchess99
04-19-2007, 12:25 PM
Anything at the California Grill is fantastic! The Pork Tenderloin in particular is to die for!
Also, any of the breakfast buffets (Chef Mickey's & 1900 Park Fare in particular) are great. Something you can't get just anywhere. I always try and go to one while I'm there.

crazeedizneefinatic
04-19-2007, 12:26 PM
I have to agree the rice crispy treats are awesome, big enough to share too! I am not a big sweets eater but the ice cream always tastes better in Disney. Who can resist a Mickey bar?:mickey:

Crow
04-19-2007, 12:44 PM
I thought of another one, because I can't get it anywhere else (that I know of) but in Epcot. School Bread from the bakery in Norway. Coconut heaven.....:cloud9:

yes and i will b using a snack credit on these.
along w a :beer: or Viking coffee!
i also found Treacle pudding in the store i work in. It comes in a can and u cook it in the can (made by Heinz UK) its known as Sticky Toffee Pudding i believe at Rose & Crown...but the Disney one was much better
the cedar plank salmon at AP
Dole Whip..
i think the :beer: etc is much better at WDW cause of the atmosphere

Belle_0717
04-19-2007, 01:26 PM
The signature Disney treats I look forward to are:
- Chocolate chip cookies (or oatmeal raisin) from MK Bakery. And a frozen mocha!:cool:
- Turkey leg in Frontierland:blush:
- Mini chocolate chip cookies at Typhoon Lagoon:secret:
- GHIRARDELLI anything at DTD:cloud9:
- Big pretzel (no salt) at MGM while watching Beauty and the Beast:thumbsup:
- S'mores at 50's:D
- Kona's Mahi Mahi:party:
And last but not least -
Mickey icon ice cream bar:mickey:
I haven't had one in years and I feel the need right now!

PixiePrincess
04-19-2007, 02:02 PM
The Mickey-shaped rice krispie treats covered in chocolate. Yummy! And also the carrot cake.

DizNee143
04-19-2007, 02:12 PM
my favorites are...the carmel popcorn sold i liberty square...the regular popcorn..and the rice krispie treats!!! yuummmmmy!!! lol :mickey:

Disney Doll
04-19-2007, 02:28 PM
1. Another vote for the popcorn. They must have some sort of special recipe. I'm not a huge popcorn fan, but I can't get enough at Disney.

2. Dole Floats in Adventureland

3. Ham and Cheese Croissants from the pastry shop in France.

All 3 are must haves for every trip!

darthmacho
04-19-2007, 02:35 PM
Where else can you get a huge turkey leg? And where else would you walk around eating it?:mickey:

Or, more accurately, where else can you get a GIANT, greasy, piping hot turkey leg, that you can walk around eating in BLISTERING, SWEATY, 90+ degree heat, and actually LOVE it? :turkey:

On the serious side, any of the baked goods from Main Street, Norway, or France are wonderful, the last one goes best with a glass of wine! :wine:

disneynarula
04-19-2007, 03:15 PM

:thumbsup:
Frozen Lemonade is another of my WDW favorites.

Goofy Pluto
04-19-2007, 05:13 PM
Two things: TONGA TOAST and ice cream at Ghiradhelli's.

mickey-mouse35
04-19-2007, 06:35 PM
any of the baked goods from the MK Main Street Bakery--especially the chocolate chip cookies! :mickey:

thejens
04-19-2007, 11:18 PM
Zebra Domes and everything else at Boma
Definitely the Mickey rice krispy treats
Grilled Fois Gras at the Cali Grill
The potatoes and vegetables and dessert at Ohana's (the meat is pretty good too!)
Sticky Toffee Pudding

BritCody
04-20-2007, 12:59 PM
The Dole Whips are a must!!!!

slegrant
04-20-2007, 01:09 PM
My favorite treat comes from the bakery on Main Street, My wife and I love the apple charlotte's, we get one on every visit. My kids also love thier rice krispy treats. :mickey:

1EeyoreFan
04-20-2007, 08:06 PM
I am CRAZY about the Apple Charolette from the MK bakery.

thejens
04-20-2007, 09:09 PM
What is the difference between the Dole Whip and the Dole Whip Float? I think I had a Dole Whip and wasn't as excited about it as everyone else. Maybe this time I'll try a float?

dinahvixen
04-20-2007, 10:49 PM
My favorites are from times gone by since I don't get there very often anymore now that I don't live in FLA anymore, but they were:
1. boston cream pie at Columbia Harbor House
2. fruit punch - from way back when they had paper straws. It was so good and the straws would get all soggy and red (I think that harkens back to gritty pink soap powder days)
3. Monte Cristo sandwiches - the best I ever had, I still remember them, from whatever the restaraunt in MainStreet used to be called (Tony's?).
4. Sugar Cookies at Aunt Polly's - think those are gone, too.
5. The Sunshine Citrus Swirl from the Tropicana place by Tiki Birds.

Yum...

Natazu
04-21-2007, 01:22 AM
We live in Knoxville, TN. There is a severe lack of fresh seafood due to the 400 mile distance to the ocean. Disney has several wonderful seafood restaurants, a highlight of each trip.

Outside of that:
Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli
Kona Cafe Pot Stickers
Gateau of Crab
Honey Coriander Chicken Wings
Zebra Domes
Cream Cheese Pretzels
anything by Yoshi, you amazing little woman, arigato

elorac
04-21-2007, 10:05 PM
The chocolate lava torte and mahi mahi at Kona Cafe.

Lacy
04-22-2007, 01:22 AM
Another vote for the rice krispie treats! They never taste as good when I make them at home or buy them other places. It could be the mickey shape with chocolate that makes them so good, but I think the regular shaped ones at WDW are just as good! :mickey:

sunlyon
04-22-2007, 07:56 AM
2. fruit punch - from way back when they had paper straws. It was so good and the straws would get all soggy and red (I think that harkens back to gritty pink soap powder days).

I MISS those paper straws. I remember chewing on the straws after the drink was gone.

For me: a Mango Kaki Gori from Japan Pavilion
For my DD: Fudge from Main Street

For us both: any pastry from the French patisserie (especially the mille fleurs!)

Bread pudding from Ohanas

Smores at the Prime TIme Cafe

:eat:

debandbub
04-22-2007, 09:53 AM
Don't know why, but we LOVE the Chicken fingers at Cosmic Ray's....maybe because we don't ususlly eat chicken fingers at home, but that's one of the first things and last things we eat each trip:mickey: .