PDA

View Full Version : A Whole New World: Part 2 4/17-4/18

merlinmagic4
04-18-2007, 09:00 PM
I never mentioned our "cast" in the first trip report:

Me: Trip Planner!
DH, DS10, DDturning 7 on trip, and DSturning 1 on trip
Mother

Oh, and I thought of a new reason to title our reports "A Whole New world" since it it our first trip post-transplant for our son.

Tuesday 4/16: Originally our MK day but today was a pool day and the weather was beautiful! We were at the pool from about 10-2 and then went back to the condo for a while. Then we headed back out after dinner for swimming and playground time. Great day!

Wednesday 4/18: Originally a pool day with dinner at Boma. Became AK day with dinner at Boma (worked out really well). We got to AK for the opening ceremony which was cool. Walked straight to the Safari and had a cool thing happen.....I don't know if it was a "dream" but I told my kids it was ;) We were in line walking up and this couple got in between us. They weren't budging so I let them go ahead. We walk a little further and then go to the right at one of the splits (they are still ahead of us). We start talking to a CM who then turns to answer a phone so I turn away. Then she asks us how many in our party and we say 6. She lets us throught the gate and right up to a safari vehicle. It was cool!! I don't think we bypassed much of the line but I made a big deal about it to the kids. I also told them that if we had been stubborn and not let those people go ahead, they would have gotten the shortcut! Anyway, great safari and I think we saw it all.

Next we went to fastpass Kali River Rapids but the wait was only 10 minutes so we went right on! We didn't get soaked which was good since the air was still a bit chilly that early. This was my first time on this ride and we all loved it.

Next we went to fastpass Everest but, again, the standby was only 20 minutes so my DH, DD, and DS10 went standby. They were raving about the ride and tried to convince me to get on it....maybe next year!

We were then right on time for the new Nemo show. It was 11:15 so we got in a very long line but we got in and saw the show at 11:30. I really liked it a lot!

Then we had lunch at Restaurantosaurus and went into Dinoland. I hate to be negative but I was not impressed by this at all. As a matter of fact, I couldn't wait to get out of there. I thought it was very "undisney". I don't like carnival games at all and resented the 3.00 my DD spent to throw three balls and then not win a prize :( The boneyard digging area was fun for my one year old, though.

Next we went to ITTBAB show....again walked right in (well, a 10 minute wait for the next show) and that was a first for all of us, too. It was cute. The kids liked it a lot.

Then we were going to leave for AKL but decided to do the Asia walk (Jungle Trek). Everyone liked this even though we have done it before.

Then we left just before the parade for AKL an dinner at Boma. It was a three minute ride :) I was very impressed with the food at Boma. Usually, I couldn't care less but I REALLY liked the food. The carrot ginger soup was delicious!! We enjoyed strolling around AKL and talked to a guide from Botswana who was very interesting. He was telling us how Disney recruits out there; very interesting to listen to him. I recommend it!

Now we're back at the condo and trying to decide what to do tomorrow. I think it was originally Typhoon Lagoon but we may go back to MK and do Fantasyland (and Splash Mountain) since we missed it entirely on Monday. Do you think we need to be really early to get on the rides?

Thanks for reading if you're still here! ;)

Christine
04-18-2007, 11:15 PM
We're still here! I am enjoying your trip reports! Sounds like you're having a wonderful time!

Where are you staying??

imaprincess!
04-19-2007, 03:20 AM
Thanks for posting!

Bethanymouse
04-19-2007, 07:18 AM
what a busy day you had! I am glad that you had a great time in AK and were able to teach the kids a great lesson! Early always works best to get on the best rides but not sure of the crowds at this time of the year....have a magical day!

Bethis26fan
04-19-2007, 07:43 AM
sounds like a great time.

faline
04-19-2007, 08:59 AM
Sounds like you have a very nice "magical moment" at Animal Kingdom!

You certainly had a lot of firsts this day! Doing things for the first time is always fun!

January-2007
04-19-2007, 10:55 AM
So glad your switch-a-roo worked out with the pool day and theme park time. Sounds like you all really enjoyed yourselves! Thanks so much for reporting! :thumbsup:

pdrlkr
04-19-2007, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

sleepingbooty
04-21-2007, 02:48 PM
We really enjoyed Boma as well - perfect way to end your day at Animal Kingdom.