PDA

View Full Version : "WKRP in Cincinnati" DVD

Altair
04-18-2007, 08:17 PM
The first season of "WKRP in Cincinnati" will be released on DVD on April 24. That season has the famous "Turkeys Away" episode on it. If you have not seen this, do a search on youtube and check it out. It is rated one of the funniest sitecom episodes ever.
"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly"- Arthur Carlson:thumbsup:

ldn324
04-19-2007, 06:39 AM
That is wonderful news!! Thanks for sharing. I too am a huge WKRP fan. I had heard that they had difficulty with the releases because of the music involved with the show and obtaining the permission of the artists. So glad that they have reached an agreement. I'll be placing that one in my Netflix queue so I can get my fix of Dr. Johnny Fever, Venus Flytrap, Herb Tarlek, Less Nessman...and the whole gang! More news...Less Nessman! :thumbsup:

Marker
04-19-2007, 01:46 PM
I was SO disappointed when that show got cancelled.

I don't buy a lot of TV dvds, but this is one I'd definitely love to have in the video library. The turkey episode was amazing, but this show is home to a lot of great stuff.

Anyone remember what Johnny Fever got fired for saying on the air?

Crow
04-19-2007, 01:57 PM
booger!
ill b getting it. Turkeys can fly!
i did hear that some of the music is changed though

ldn324
04-19-2007, 02:12 PM
I just went to Netflix to put this in my queue and they did note that these will be edited episodes because of the issue of the music. Sounds like they will have "generic" music inserted rather than actual artists from the era of the show. I knew that had been the hold up from the start, so I guess that's how the decided to get around the issue.

I remember having such a crush on Andy Travis :blush: . Venus Flytrap though was definitely the coolest! :thumbsup:

ChipDale
04-19-2007, 02:53 PM
:smokin: I've had this on pre-order as soon as it was available. Finally, the wait is almost over! :thumbsup:

Altair
04-19-2007, 08:25 PM
. Turkeys can fly!

Wild Turkeys can fly, the eatin' kind are too big and fat.

The "Turkeys Away" episode was based on a true story. A radio station in Atlanta tried this. Turkeys were hitting the Interstate.
:turkey: