PDA

View Full Version : Harmony Baber Shop

Hayden's Dad
04-18-2007, 04:21 PM
We want to have our then 16 month olds hair cut for the first time at the Harmony Barber Shop at the MK. I read the informtion under infor central, but just wanted to hear if any one out there had done this with their child and how they liked it. Thanks

Flower
04-18-2007, 06:21 PM
We had our sons first haircut there and it was wonderful.

Brandon got a certificate, his first haircut ears, and we were able to take a ton of pictures.

I just told DH we HAD to go back in Sept/Oct because DS#2 will need his first haircut!

It was definitely worth waiting to have his hair cut at the Magic Kingdom.

There are pictures on my homepage: Album = scrapbook layouts, first haircut.

crazypoohbear
04-19-2007, 11:13 AM
Not first haircuts for my DS's but they still love getting their hair cut there especially by Michael!.
They are looking forward to getting a great back to school haircut this August!
BTW... my boy's will be turning 13 & 18 this trip!!!!!!!!:party:

MY Nephew did get his first haircut there and it is the best haircut he has ever had!! He got the ears and certificate as well.
They are very good with crying, squirmy, fussy, shy, scared children. It is amazing watching the patience they have.
Go for it!!!!:thumbsup:

angedeaile
04-19-2007, 12:42 PM
My little brother got his hair cut there on our last trip and it turned out great! Infact, I never seen his hair look so good.

He was 9, so it wasn't his FIRST haircut. However, I think a youngin' wouldn't be too squimish with the experience. They are great with kids and very patient there.

There was a boy of about 3yrs old who was getting his haircut while my brother was in another chair. He was abit grumpy, since he was woken from a nap to get a buzz cut. He sat down frowning and left giggling.

I think it is a great experience and it should definitely be done. :thumbsup:

tinktude
04-19-2007, 12:56 PM
We take my DS-9 every time we visit. He loves getting his hair cut at the barbershop. They make it fun, and they always paint mickey ears on his head with colored gel.

He thinks it is cool when people make comments about it.:mickey:

Hayden's Dad
04-19-2007, 01:12 PM
We will be getting there somwhere between 12:00 and 1:00 in the afternoon in May. Does anyone know how long of a wait there usually is or does it just depend on the traffic. I don't think they accept appointments.

ibrowse17
04-19-2007, 01:53 PM
Got my hair cut there in Feb, and plan to again on our next trip.:thumbsup:

Flower
04-19-2007, 03:18 PM
They do not accept appointments - it is first come, first serve and there can get to be quite a crowd!

Just a tip with the little ones, get them popcorn or something to preoccupy their time!

DVC2004
04-19-2007, 05:24 PM
Unfortunately we weren't able to take our for thier first haircuts, by my youngest has gone twice to get some temporary color gel in his hair. He thinks it's the coolest. Usually a short wait but not too bad. Many people don't know it's there.

Jasper
04-19-2007, 06:00 PM
Our kids were all older by the time we "discovered" the barbershop and none of them were interested in getting their hair cut there. However, about 5 years ago we were waiting near the barbershop for the parade to start and my wife was all over my case because I didn't get my hair cut before we left on our vacation. While she wasn't looking I slipped into the barbershop and found there not to be any wait so I got a quick cut and was back out before she even noticed I was gone. It wasn't until she took a good look and saw the confetti "pixie dust" in my hair that she realized what I had done. The price was reasonable and the cut well done.

Just remember, at 16 months, the memory of a cut at Disney World will be more yours than your child's. However, if you are like most mothers I am sure you will have pictures to show your child when they grow up!

crazypoohbear
04-20-2007, 01:50 PM
However, if you are like most mothers I am sure you will have pictures to show your child when they grow up!

I took pictures of my son's last year... ages 17 and 12!!!:blush:

Jasper
04-20-2007, 01:52 PM
I took pictures of my son's last year... ages 17 and 12!!!:blush:

Who da thunk it!!!

I am convinced that mothers are born with a camera in their hands!!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-20-2007, 11:46 PM
My nephew's first "official" hair cut was at the barbershop. I told my sis when he was born, with a FULL head of hair, that he couldn't get a professional haircut until he got one there. She could cut his hair, but no one else.
While we didn't get Michal (sp?) the woman we got was great. He just kept sitting there watching her in the mirror to make sure she did it right. He was 2 1/2 at the time.
Unfortunately, every haircut he's gotten since then has fallen short of that standard.
I already told him that he's going to have his haircut there in Aug and he asked about the big scizzors.